1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

What auras are to be used with this build ?
Does Oro's Sacrifice work well with Molten Strike?
"
Dmillz wrote:
You don't understand how Point Blank works. It has a set range for the damage reduction. This range never changes. Ever.

Yep, and before you was saying that point blank affects all molten strike projectiles. Self-confidence for the win!

"
If you looked a little lower he said if you run point blank without concentrated effect you have a 43% increased damage. If you run it with concentrated effect it provides a 48% increase in damage.

Where? These are the only GGG posts in that topic. I can't find anything about conc effect in it.
"
hrapvlesu wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:
You don't understand how Point Blank works. It has a set range for the damage reduction. This range never changes. Ever.

Yep, and before you was saying that point blank affects all molten strike projectiles. Self-confidence for the win!

"
If you looked a little lower he said if you run point blank without concentrated effect you have a 43% increased damage. If you run it with concentrated effect it provides a 48% increase in damage.

Where? These are the only GGG posts in that topic. I can't find anything about conc effect in it.

Gee, I'm sorry that what I originally thought was all the projectiles turned out to only 90+% of them (with a few outlying cases), which we only learned after I originally posted that from a GGG employee. Please be a dick about it.

That is the link for the GGG posts. However that gives you the information you need to calculate it yourself.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
To clarify this for people who need clarification:
  • Past 10 units, Point Blank's bonus scales down linearly 2% per unit, until reach it reaches 0% more (same damage as without Point Blank) at a distance of 35 units. This means Point Blank on Molten Strike and 0% increased AoE would be an average increase of about 43% more damage, at always at least 30% more damage.
  • Mark said "with no AoE increase" because increasing AoE radius allows projectiles to travel further than 20 units. So if you have % increase AoE, Point Blank becomes less effective. With 40% increased area of effect, Point Blank gives an average of 35.75% more damage, and always at least 14% more damage.
  • Conversely, if you have reduced Area of Effect (through Concentrated Effect), Point Blank becomes more effective; assuming -30% AoE, Point Blank gives an average of 48% more damage, and always at least 42% more.

IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on May 9, 2014, 11:12:10 AM
"
hrapvlesu wrote:

There's a difference between logical conclusion and stating the details of a well documented mechanic. Just because you can't be arsed to look up how the mechanic actually works doesn't make it any less true.

"
hrapvlesu wrote:

If you read the whole topic (or even just a couple posts after the dev response) you would find the post by ScrotieMcB. Mark gave all the necessary information to make the calculations so there's no reason a GGG employee would need to state so.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 9, 2014, 12:00:21 PM
"
"
hrapvlesu wrote:
"
Fearmonger wrote:
Updated my spreadsheet to account for the details provided about Molten Strike's interaction with Point Blank by Mark_GGG here. This means that Conc Effect will increase the effectiveness of Point Blank, and increased area of effect radius modifiers will reduce it.

Also fixed a bug with additional lightning damage being overvalued.

So, point blank is not mandatory for molten strike anymore...

so that means point blank goes from 43% more damage to 48% more damage with conc effect out of 50% possible. ALSO you get 50% more damage (at level 1 gem) for conc effect.

Before GGG posting 100% more damage (at level 1) after GGG posting 98% more damage (at level 1).

what is the argument about?
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
hmm still not sure I'll go three dragons or not. It was my initial reaction when molten strike was announced but not sure.
my build idea so far is here still level 59 needing to find time to play. Not sure what I would remove to make the trip to static blows.

glad I was at least right about hating increasing any aoe on the build.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
hmm still not sure I'll go three dragons or not. It was my initial reaction when molten strike was announced but not sure.
my build idea so far is here still level 59 needing to find time to play. Not sure what I would remove to make the trip to static blows.

It's worth it. I can shock stack Piety and Kole with a 1H weapon. I removed the aura nodes (you won't need them) and made your duelist section more optimal. At 109 points now but you can choose what you want to change from there for it.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSxBLMFLRRNGYUaOBpVGmwa2x0UI_YkmySqJy8yfjKJNug26TiWOlI94j38ROdKfUxgTipT31XGVvpXDVfiWGNY21nzWkhbr18_YEthIWSjZp5noGe9ah5qk25pcql0QXTtdud35XrvfNmAioTZhO-HdozPj0aQVZHOlWabg5uhns2gtKIApKykwqcwp4SoGKyqrK-vjbZBtxe307vtvJ--p8APwBrG2M9l0NDSIdJN1e3Xy90N42rjn-w47g7ub-8O7_DwH_Iv8wbz3fZI9zL3TfrS_MU=
IGN: Dmillz
One reason we like three dragons is because it boosts our dps tremendously allowing us to go even longer without having to take any physical damage nodes. I am about to hit 70, running maps upwards of 74 since 64...cant find any higher level ones any my dps is more then enough. The only nodes I have are the templar WED and the templar 2h dmg. TT with my set up pushes 10K+ with my all my buffs.

<be switching to 1h+shield come Doryani's Catalyst>

"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:

It's worth it. I can shock stack Piety and Kole with a 1H weapon. I removed the aura nodes (you won't need them) and made your duelist section more optimal. At 109 points now but you can choose what you want to change from there for it.

thanks, not the tree I'd go for but you gave me a great idea on a different path. Ok, with three dragons helm this would be my path. I'd remove aspect of panther (used the sheet and found better use of the nodes). A common problem was life/passive where it looked better to reach for the life above point blank but actually that's not better. 4 passives for 28% life when you can use 4 passives and get 30% life + enemies can't leech. That means aspect isn't as close but that's fine too.

This would be my new tree and I'll have to overhaul my build page.

103pts

I don't love master of the arena but it puts me in a better position at zero extra cost. You can grab any of the following from here: 2 more life nodes (in duelist 20% physical/10%armor on fell the weak, buff duration, shield block, WED.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on May 9, 2014, 1:08:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info