1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

It might be me but I consider 5k tooltip decent dps ...
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
Anyone running End game maps yet with this? Curious how its holding up, and clear speeds

At level 70 I ran a 74 rare map last night. I was the lat guy left standing, but bailed as vaal had been spawned with 3 players life and I didn't want to take that alone. Still don't have my trigger gems setup

Clear speed seems good though. In a party with somebody running buzzsaw (haste, wrath, anger) my tooltip is at 19k. According to one of the dps google docs, that puts my projectiles at 33k right now. That's plenty of dps for later maps, and none of my gems are quality yet.
ign: orosmoltenstrike
build thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/918546
Last edited by nikkofromchico on May 8, 2014, 5:51:45 PM
Interesting to see the different gear setups.

I'm going the "boring" way, with this as my current gear at lvl 65:

Got this one waiting for another three levels:

Still enjoying the build, maps seem to be going fine so far.

Some numbers:

Tooltip DPS: 8700 (with Hatred)
HP: 3700

Fire res: 169 % (lol)
Cold res: 78 %
Light res: 68 % (bah)

Chaos is at -60 :$
Last edited by Aedax on May 8, 2014, 6:24:34 PM
Updated my spreadsheet to account for the details provided about Molten Strike's interaction with Point Blank by Mark_GGG here. This means that Conc Effect will increase the effectiveness of Point Blank, and increased area of effect radius modifiers will reduce it.

Also fixed a bug with additional lightning damage being overvalued.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 8, 2014, 6:38:46 PM
"
Fearmonger wrote:
Updated my spreadsheet to account for the details provided about Molten Strike's interaction with Point Blank by Mark_GGG here. This means that Conc Effect will increase the effectiveness of Point Blank, and increased area of effect radius modifiers will reduce it.

Does this also mean that with concentrated effect, if the distance is 5-16 now instead of 5-20, point blank still only helps until range 8? Or does the range stay at 10?
Without concentrated effect if point blank is only helping in 1/3rd of the projectiles possible range, it sounds like it would help single target on bosses, but actually hurt for aoe mob dps?

And any chance I could bug you into adding a couple gems to the possible links on your doc? Added lightning, cold, chaos. I think they'd do less than anything else, but curious.
Last edited by nikkofromchico on May 8, 2014, 7:25:27 PM
Here's where I'm at so far:

4700 Health
82/78/78/-39 resists (all overcapped by a good bit)
13330 Armour (would be a bit higher if I bothered to upgrade my gloves and use Determination instead of Grace)
6188 DPS (I could easily have it higher if I wanted to, but there's not really any point atm)

Finally got to 75 and went 1H + Shield and I'm feeling pretty fucking tanky now, so currently I'm planning to just put all my further passive points into damage nodes, and then once I've put in 6 damage nodes I'm going to respec them out to get Static Blows and run Three Dragons (Ele Prolif Vaal Molten Shell is gonna be sooooo digusting). I also plan to swap my shitty neck out for a Stone of Lazhwar once the resists on the rest of my gear are good enough.
"
Does this also mean that with concentrated effect, if the distance is 5-16 now instead of 5-20, point blank still only helps until range 8? Or does the range stay at 10?
Without concentrated effect if point blank is only helping in 1/3rd of the projectiles possible range, it sounds like it would help single target on bosses, but actually hurt for aoe mob dps?

And any chance I could bug you into adding a couple gems to the possible links on your doc? Added lightning, cold, chaos. I think they'd do less than anything else, but curious.

You can read how Point Blank works here. Point Blank is a very good damage gain unless you have a completely obscene amount of increased Area of Effect.

With Conc Effect the projectiles travel 5-14 units which is an average damage increase of 48.22%. Without Conc Effect, it's about 43%.

I'll consider adding those gems when I get the chance. At the moment I'd rather hammer out some maps.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 8, 2014, 7:33:32 PM
"
Fearmonger wrote:

With Conc Effect the projectiles travel 5-14 units which is an average damage increase of 48.22%. Without Conc Effect, it's about 43%.

I'll consider adding those gems when I get the chance. At the moment I'd rather hammer out some maps.

Gotcha, so point blank is a fixed distance mod, it doesn't adjust depending on your range. Nice to know
"
Fearmonger wrote:
Here's where I'm at so far:

4700 Health
82/78/78/-39 resists (all overcapped by a good bit)
13330 Armour (would be a bit higher if I bothered to upgrade my gloves and use Determination instead of Grace)
6188 DPS (I could easily have it higher if I wanted to, but there's not really any point atm)

Finally got to 75 and went 1H + Shield and I'm feeling pretty fucking tanky now, so currently I'm planning to just put all my further passive points into damage nodes, and then once I've put in 6 damage nodes I'm going to respec them out to get Static Blows and run Three Dragons (Ele Prolif Vaal Molten Shell is gonna be sooooo digusting). I also plan to swap my shitty neck out for a Stone of Lazhwar once the resists on the rest of my gear are good enough.

So jealous dude, that is my exact dream setup with Three Dragons + Lazhwar! Seems fucking beast.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Fearmonger wrote:

So, point blank is not mandatory for molten strike anymore...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info