1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

I don't know if I get the wrong passive or anything.
Just an average funded player here (don't have that good items).

Basically what I have are just mediocre items that maintain a 75% resistance.
I put too many points in 2h physical damage so I will stick with it, besides I love 2handed sword.

My problem now is armour and my physical damage reduction.

lvl 66+ maps that deals physical damage hits a lot. (Jumping goatman, giant skeletons, skeleton archers, map brutus and any other mob that deals physical damage) The only thing that keeps me alive is my attackspeed and/or LGOH gem.

I'm lvl 67 molten strike templar and have about 1.9k armor here with 26% physical reduction and 2400~ hp and I get 1 shot by the map brutus(dungeon map).

1. Should i get hp+armour nodes ? or increase armour nodes?
2. Should I run aura ? I am currently using BM Passive so if I run determination, I'll have to remove that skill.
3. Is increase armour nodes common among templar/marauder players or do everybody skip them?

Tool tip dps: 5.6k
If I remove my +40% IAS skill gem , it drops to about 4.3k

General plan is to maybe..replace faster attack gem with a BM gem and switch to using determination for more armour. I have a quality LL but am using LGOH I might test out which is better for me.

Spoiler

Last edited by Oakville on May 10, 2014, 10:35:22 AM
Was planning myself:

Gem links: MS + Multistrike + LL + BM + Fire Pen
I'm really not sure about the links, wonder if it would be better to just drop AoF,
then use Carnage Heart and link MS + Multi + BM + WED + Conc or so.
Is the benefit from AoF really worth 2 support slots for LL and Fire pen that are must?
Last edited by Burnit on May 10, 2014, 12:14:12 PM
"
Ali_B wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:
One reason we like three dragons is because it boosts our dps tremendously allowing us to go even longer without having to take any physical damage nodes. I am about to hit 70, running maps upwards of 74 since 64...cant find any higher level ones any my dps is more then enough. The only nodes I have are the templar WED and the templar 2h dmg. TT with my set up pushes 10K+ with my all my buffs.

<be switching to 1h+shield come Doryani's Catalyst>

I am lvl 78 and also wanting to switch to a 1h+shield combo when i can afford a doryani, so what would u suggest as a skill tree when u switch.

Keep the skill tree the same and just add some block nodes from the Templar section :) obviously change the Templar 2h node to the 1h version.
"
patalia wrote:
Does the AoF compensate it's disadvantage (no leech from gear)? Giving up two support gems in a 5L seems a serious letdown in DPS. Maybe one can try to run with mana regen gear and clarity to save one slot, but then you won't be able to run no regen maps (and 50% regen maps are likely to be missed also) .

I'm trying to build on physical leech (in gear and blood rage), but the 60% fire conversion doesn't make it easy. I'm using supports that buff the physical DPS part of the projectiles:
MS + multistrike + faster attack + conc effect + physical projectile attack damage

Auras are grace + hatred.

What do you guys think of this setup? The higher physical part of the damage also means that fire resistant mobs don't bother me that much. I know that WED is the best support for this skill in terms of DPS, but it does nothing for my leech.
ATM I'm doing early maps (68-69) quite easily with 2% mana leech on gear + blood rage, also using warlord's mark for tight situations.

My desired tree for L88 (started as duelist, but no big difference from mara):

(I was aiming for high block chance, using rainbow stride and stone of lahzwar.)

I started with physical leech, 10% from carnage heart. You would need to stack a lot and a lot of physical damage for it to even come close to LL. The survivability gained from using a LL gem is invaluable. Sure you lose a gem slot but you don't need that extra gem slot right off now with the kill speed this build has already with shock stacks and point blank. I am literally roasting 74 maps.
"
Oakville wrote:
I don't know if I get the wrong passive or anything.
Just an average funded player here (don't have that good items).

Basically what I have are just mediocre items that maintain a 75% resistance.
I put too many points in 2h physical damage so I will stick with it, besides I love 2handed sword.

My problem now is armour and my physical damage reduction.

lvl 66+ maps that deals physical damage hits a lot. (Jumping goatman, giant skeletons, skeleton archers, map brutus and any other mob that deals physical damage) The only thing that keeps me alive is my attackspeed and/or LGOH gem.

I'm lvl 67 molten strike templar and have about 1.9k armor here with 26% physical reduction and 2400~ hp and I get 1 shot by the map brutus(dungeon map).

1. Should i get hp+armour nodes ? or increase armour nodes?
2. Should I run aura ? I am currently using BM Passive so if I run determination, I'll have to remove that skill.
3. Is increase armour nodes common among templar/marauder players or do everybody skip them?

Tool tip dps: 5.6k
If I remove my +40% IAS skill gem , it drops to about 4.3k

General plan is to maybe..replace faster attack gem with a BM gem and switch to using determination for more armour. I have a quality LL but am using LGOH I might test out which is better for me.

Spoiler

Hey Oakville,

It looks like you are trying to to much to fit IIR into your gear. Focus on HP and resists for now. Aim for armor/evasion gear as it scales great with iron reflexes. Run grace for increased armor and keep your endurance charges up. Should easily be into the 75% range with this. Also you should have about 2K more HP then where you are at now at your level. Also you can drop those armour nodes in the Marauder line, it is to little of a gain for the investment.

Your passive tree is fine, your gear is what is holding you back. Check out poe.xyz.is and search for replacements. You should be able to find +HP dual resist armor + evasion gear for like 1 chaos a piece. Your chest being 5L will be the hardest to replace but it is better to run a bad 5L then a good 4L.
for everyone in general: save yourself some time and don't try and work physical leech with this skill. I ran 13% at a one point and life leech kicks its ass. Also your damage will be more then enough to not need the extra gem slot. I'm still running my level 48 mace, though it is bad ass for its level, through maps without any issues.
What does it mean by LL in the Op?
LL = Life Leech.

Having so much fun on this build, thanks to all of the contributors.

Running Windscream boots and using double curses on my Cast When Damage Taken, Temporal Chains and Flamability. Tried three curses with the ring that allows one more, using Elemental Weakness, but it was overkill.

I am also holding off on AoF for now (level 61), as my kill speed is great, but still building up my hit points, so using both a LL gem and a 10% Carnage necklace for a bit of added safety.

So i m really enjoying this build, so much so that I switched my main from a lvl 74 ST SCION to this. Currently lvl 61 in act 2 merci. I'm having trouble running 2 auras grace and hatred. Pretty much mana starved as I'm having to constantly use my mana flask after only a few mob hits with molten strike. only run 1 or the other. What's the cost of the 3 dragons helm in standard. I would of went another league but had enough gear and currency to sustain myself to this point.
Last edited by IRISHx on May 11, 2014, 2:50:30 AM
For the guys racing with this, what are you using for single target vs Invaders you don't want to get near?

IGN: VistaChris
Last edited by VistaChris on May 11, 2014, 3:33:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info