1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

also, this wouldn't be for me since I don't have the currency but carnage heart (i suppose) and bloodseeker would probably be pretty sick. No avatar of fire of course to keep the leech. Could likely drop life leech.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
That new tree looks really good. I'm still skeptical about the aura nodes. If you can get ~700 max mana and 2% mana leech on gear you will be able to easily run 2x 60% auras on mana and still attack with mana as well. I think they are a good stopgap for awhile that you will eventually want to spec out of when your gear can cover it.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
also, this wouldn't be for me since I don't have the currency but carnage heart (i suppose) and bloodseeker would probably be pretty sick. No avatar of fire of course to keep the leech. Could likely drop life leech.

carnage heart is just for early leveling to allow you to run an extra dps gem for a while. LGOH while leveling will still return much better survivability. Come merc you will want to trade it in regardless and pick up LL
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:

carnage heart is just for early leveling to allow you to run an extra dps gem for a while. LGOH while leveling will still return much better survivability. Come merc you will want to trade it in regardless and pick up LL

yeah I know I was saying it would be interesting to see if it worked with bloodseeker unique. Assuming claws and molten strike work. Could be fun. Instant leech and high leech from claw.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
ya a carnage + bloodseeker would be pretty fun to test... bloodseeker's dps is crap though, you wouldn't hit very hard and definitely would want to have a 3 dragons to help you there.
I've been working on a ranger variation of this build. It loses a tiny bit in defenses, but gains something in DPS. Overall the difference is not much, but i feel the early access to Point Blank is a good perk while leveling (I'll be playing it during the 2 week race, and then in Invasion)
I planned to go 1h/shield, so i've taken all the available block nodes too.

I made a thread here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/920084, i'd like to have some feedback from you guys, it's been a while since i crafted a build so any help would be really appreciated.

Let me know what you think ;)

Bye!
Last edited by ThePlash on May 9, 2014, 9:57:06 PM
Looks good. You follow the correct ranger start, something most people miss on.

I would suggest dropping 1 8% HP node in Templar and grabbing Crusader, the 1h dmg + str node. Way more bang for your buck and the 8% node wont even be noticed.

Also its my personal preference to spend an extra 2 points and lead into the marauder line through the +fire res and +1% max fire resist as well as picking up Diamond Skin. +2% max fire resist goes a long way in helping vs ele reflect I feel. Probably something you can hold on against though till late merc or even into maps. Just keep it in mind.
Map update: Clearing level 74 maps no problem... Still have yet to get anything higher
"
Kartikdon wrote:
One reason we like three dragons is because it boosts our dps tremendously allowing us to go even longer without having to take any physical damage nodes. I am about to hit 70, running maps upwards of 74 since 64...cant find any higher level ones any my dps is more then enough. The only nodes I have are the templar WED and the templar 2h dmg. TT with my set up pushes 10K+ with my all my buffs.

<be switching to 1h+shield come Doryani's Catalyst>

I am lvl 78 and also wanting to switch to a 1h+shield combo when i can afford a doryani, so what would u suggest as a skill tree when u switch.
Does the AoF compensate it's disadvantage (no leech from gear)? Giving up two support gems in a 5L seems a serious letdown in DPS. Maybe one can try to run with mana regen gear and clarity to save one slot, but then you won't be able to run no regen maps (and 50% regen maps are likely to be missed also) .

I'm trying to build on physical leech (in gear and blood rage), but the 60% fire conversion doesn't make it easy. I'm using supports that buff the physical DPS part of the projectiles:
MS + multistrike + faster attack + conc effect + physical projectile attack damage

Auras are grace + hatred.

What do you guys think of this setup? The higher physical part of the damage also means that fire resistant mobs don't bother me that much. I know that WED is the best support for this skill in terms of DPS, but it does nothing for my leech.
ATM I'm doing early maps (68-69) quite easily with 2% mana leech on gear + blood rage, also using warlord's mark for tight situations.

My desired tree for L88 (started as duelist, but no big difference from mara):

(I was aiming for high block chance, using rainbow stride and stone of lahzwar.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info