Corrupted Blood Broken as Sh*t

CB is annoying on "tanky" rare monsters like Devourers, Necromancers, Rock golems (of all kinds).

Against normal rare monsters, one staunching flask with 2-3 well-timed uses should be more than enough.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Doing a CoC build and CB is more or less the only thing that kills me in like 0,1 second as I can get up to 24 hits pr second. And I pop flasks all the time to have maximum resistances up. I have 6,5k Es and the times I die to CB it goes so fast that I don't have time to react, its crazy annoying ans slows down the clearspeed alot.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
JayJJericho wrote:
Seriously, what the freak is up with every map having 1-3 bosses with corrupted blood? Whoever came up with that buff needs to be shot in the head. There isn't a single buff in the game that slows it down or adds resistance to bleeding or anything. There's NOTHING to do but die. Sure, flasks can remove bleeding, but it only works for the current stack and then it gets applied right back to you. Basically anyone who isn't a health regen tank is dead in under 3 seconds. Bleeding is essentially an unblockable, unbeatable element and is impossibly overpowered, it's like bringing a tank to a knife fight. Seriously, fix this crap already, I'm tired of trying to level up, only to run into a CB boss and instantly die, loosing stupid amounts of xp. If you're going to have OP bosses that can 1 shot you from off screen, you can't penalize us for dying. You might as well just have a system built into the game that kills a player every 2 hours for kicks and giggles. Hey, you know those 3 bars of XP you just got from doing the last map? Well, they're gone now. Have fun grinding some more! -.- I am not amused. I have never had a game intentionally try and screw me so consistently before.

As an 89 lvl Scion on lvl 76 maps, going around with 3,2k hp (that is REALLY low) I have to report that corrupting blood isn't that much of a threat. 2 life flasks with "remove bleeding" - never running dry on them, and I'm also using them to heal myself. (thank you GGG for new potion nodes, btw. D:). To add to all this, I'm using GMP Tornado shot, which stacks LIKE CRAZY, and I have no difficulty with dealing with corrupting blood. Also, I have 0 armor. (I'm not even using life leech ;__;).

You are doing it wrong. VERY, VERY wrong.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Sep 19, 2014, 4:30:02 AM
You do realise things change over the course of five months, right? :P
staunching flasks
immortal call
traps, minions, etc
slow attacking skill

l2p issue
"
P_Johann wrote:
Corrupting Blood balanced for slow, hard-hitting builds. They just hit couple times, then use flask to remove bleeding. It's easy for them and they laughing on forum and says everyone L2P.
For fast attack speed builds corrupting blood just horrible as my english. Attack mob - get 15-20 stacks of bleeding in half-second - die.

corrupting blood balanced for incinerators.

the only issue is that you may not see the corrupting blood in time.

generally it's not a problem.

with an INCINERATE build. you know, attacks 7 times a second ?

you know what's unbalanced ? ice queen in the corrupted area.

15 traps/s with cold pen or some shit.

every toon i've got that can handle dominus has to be really careful around her, or rip.

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
staunching flasks
immortal call
traps, minions, etc
slow attacking skill

l2p issue

This does nothing for the corrupted blood degen effect. Be less condescending the next time you're wrong about something.
Stormcalling 24/7.
Simple: You do not have to kill everything.
"
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
staunching flasks
immortal call
traps, minions, etc
slow attacking skill

l2p issue

This does nothing for the corrupted blood degen effect. Be less condescending the next time you're wrong about something.

IC and endurance charges work on CB ....

And don't ever tell me what to say or how to act.
They didn't initially but that bug was fixed in Nemesis so...

This got necro'd a bit but I'll throw in my two cents. At 3500 life and 9 casts/second, my Incinerator needs one staunching flask to have no trouble.

And my 6.5 aps Abyssus Reaver with 3400 life doesn't even carry a staunching anymore since she can tank 15 stacks of CB.

I don't really see all the complaints of it being broken in half.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Sep 19, 2014, 1:16:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info