Corrupted Blood Broken as Sh*t

Seriously, what the freak is up with every map having 1-3 bosses with corrupted blood? Whoever came up with that buff needs to be shot in the head. There isn't a single buff in the game that slows it down or adds resistance to bleeding or anything. There's NOTHING to do but die. Sure, flasks can remove bleeding, but it only works for the current stack and then it gets applied right back to you. Basically anyone who isn't a health regen tank is dead in under 3 seconds. Bleeding is essentially an unblockable, unbeatable element and is impossibly overpowered, it's like bringing a tank to a knife fight. Seriously, fix this crap already, I'm tired of trying to level up, only to run into a CB boss and instantly die, loosing stupid amounts of xp. If you're going to have OP bosses that can 1 shot you from off screen, you can't penalize us for dying. You might as well just have a system built into the game that kills a player every 2 hours for kicks and giggles. Hey, you know those 3 bars of XP you just got from doing the last map? Well, they're gone now. Have fun grinding some more! -.- I am not amused. I have never had a game intentionally try and screw me so consistently before.
If two flask with remove bleeding doesn't help you, you are doing something wrong.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
You get 1 stack of bleeding every times you hit, and you bleed for 3 seconds. I use 2 anti-bleed flasks and if thats not enough i just stop attacking for 3 seconds. If you don't attack the boss, you won't bleed.
Minions, totems, DoTs, traps, flasks, slow, hard-hitting weapons.

L2P or fail miserably.

1: Nuke the rare.

2. Press flask.

3. Nope, that's it folks. No step 3 required.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Corrupting Blood balanced for slow, hard-hitting builds. They just hit couple times, then use flask to remove bleeding. It's easy for them and they laughing on forum and says everyone L2P.
For fast attack speed builds corrupting blood just horrible as my english. Attack mob - get 15-20 stacks of bleeding in half-second - die.
"
For fast attack speed builds corrupting blood just horrible as my english. Attack mob - get 15-20 stacks of bleeding in half-second - die.

I have 4.8 APS and find corrupted blood enemies quite easy outside rare instances.

1- Hit rare till 20 stacks
2- remove bleeding

That's all.

This works in double damage or even vuln maps assuming you have competent HP. If against golems in a double damage map and with nasty mods(increased physical/added fire..etc) then it becomes something like this:

1- Try to kill rare as fast as you can.
2- Remove bleeding as soon as HP starts going down(10 stacks or so?).

I have yet to encounter a corrupted blood enemy that strong outside nemesis though. I've done 100s of maps including dozens of double and triple damage ones. Maybe it's because I played nemesis but CB has not been challenging at all in normal leagues.It's so rare to find a bad CB combination(Like one in 90 levels).
Last edited by kasub on Apr 25, 2014, 12:54:43 PM
I'm essentially a glass cannon / support class. I sit in the back, give dps and buffs/debuffs and stay out of the way. Corrupted Blood makes my class unplayable because before I can see I'm bleeding and react, it has killed me from super far away. I currently run with 2 remove bleeding flasks because I know that bleeding is an issue. I understand the balance of the normal bleeding effect and while it is nasty, it is manageable. The fact that people actually suggest changing my entire play style and skill tree just for one stupid buff that I didn't even know existed until lvl 60 is completely insane. This is the fault of the developer, not the player. In order to withstand the first 3 seconds of an encounter with a CB boss, I have to have full flasks basically. If any of my flasks are gone because I wasn't psychic and knew a CB boss was coming, I'm instantly dead. At this point, the only strategy I have is to not attack, which is simply moronic that there's a monster that I CAN'T attack or it instantly kills me. Corrupted Blood is essentially the equivalent of chaos damage that you can't run from or buff against and it works even faster. It is cruel and pointless and needs to be balanced.
Agree with Op it's overpowered
First, use some structure in your posts, they are hard to read and you will be hard pressed to get reasonable feedback due to it.

Second, if you are running into fights with zero flask charges on either removal flask, there is a problem with your build. (obviously, this does happen on occasion, but it is hardly a common occurrence with a proper build)

Third, CB may need a play style change, don't hit the mob with CB more times than you can tank the bleed. Not a hard concept. You have a flask charge to remove the bleed when you start bursting a pack of mobs and don't see the offending mod, so you have a way to save yourself, after that it is all about managing those stacks (as you are now aware of them)

If you can't manage them, than yes, YOU need to change something.

CB is one of the harder nemesis mods to deal with, and it is comically made harder now after Nemesis because people don't expect it. (Was one of only 3 mods that I constantly was on the look for in Nemesis). You see it so rarely now that it can sneak up on you. But there are plenty of ways to deal with it.
Last edited by Tantabobo on Apr 25, 2014, 1:14:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info