Corrupted Blood Broken as Sh*t

"
Phrazz wrote:
If two flask with remove bleeding doesn't help you, you are doing something wrong.

I think you don t understand some ppl use attack speed instead of pure 1 heavy hit. Try surviving CB if you have 10as with 20k+ dps with splash. During party play try to see what s going on in the mob group...sometime a cb monster will just rush into the battle and u ll splash it without seeing. not every players use kaoms too.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 28, 2014, 3:18:37 PM
I'm really really SICK of this game now -.-

I was creating an ambush tanky templar, for the sole purpose of building the most survivable toon possible (high block/spell block, high life, ondar guile etc). I knew that the perfect "immortality" does not exist, but i wanted a warrior AT LEAST invincible against EVERYTHING in NORMAL. A bunch of deaths in cruel? Ok i don't mind. In merciless? I don't mind, really. But at least NOT IN NORMAL (am i "asking" too much? I really don't think so). I was destroying everything, then i entered a lunaris temple corrupted area. The boss? A cyclone "Beheader" with the hated corrupting blood. I know: "carry with you a staunching flask". Well, i crafted for one many times by now but i never managed to get one!!!! So, i sticked with the advice of some forum users: "When dealing with CB, strike hard and few times, and not fast and many times. And if CB stacks, just stop attacking until it expires". YEEEEEESSSS, SURE THING!!! -.- That damn CB just keep stacking even when i was NOT attacking for many seconds (i was attacking with a simple normal attack), and was the very boss himself dealing it to me with HIS attacks!!! And the stacking? EIGHT stacks -.-

[Removed by Support]: "Ehy Chris, i think that only 8 stacks are far too easy, why don't you set the maximum number of CB stacks to 12"???
But yes!!! And why not 20 or 30 then!!! -.- Sure fact: a 2.200 hp templar fell down even drinking like a mad a lucky 1.000+ hp in 7 seconds flask and some other 700hp ones. IN NORMAL -.-

Now, in a game full of [Removed by Support] players that are only capable to beg the Devs (and are heared by them, too -.-) for nerfing EVERYTHING that was good (aegis aurora, kaom's heart, the vertex etc), transforming an after all decent idea game in the festival of the nerf and leaving in the hands of the normal players NOTHING like really good items(aside from buying good uniques for tons of exalted).. and in a game where you must waste your precious hard earned skill points in 6820123255796523 miserable +10strenght/intelligence/dexterity before reaching a crappy +3% attack speed only for finally arriving at a desired block cluster.. where the hell is a good defense???

This game is full of mortal attacks: discharge, critical elemental spectral throw, GMP+faster projectiles dual incinerate totem etc. But where is a good defense? There is a discouraging lack of possibility of becoming immune even only against ONE and ONLY ONE threat (yeah there is CI, but is just ridicolous its PUNCTURE behavior, for example ;) ).

Perpetual immunity ONLY against physical attacks? NO:

-block is capped
-immortal call leaves you uncovered for some istants (and with bosses dealing 3-4.000 hp damage in maps this is not good)
-armor has AWFUL mechanics
-evasion, a useless duplicate of dodge, has AWFUL mechanics (it works almost the opposite it should work)
-dodge is capped, and as far as i know, it's impossible to go over 46% (Taliban mode -ON: "Ehy Chris 46% is too much!!! Let's nerf it to 42%"!!!! Do you desire a steel like hand to hand marauder? NO YOU CAN'T!)

Perpetual immunity ONLY against ONE element? NO:

-resistances are capped
-elemental flasks lasts only few seconds
-rise of the phoenix gives only +8% max fire res (+ elemental adaptation + PoF + diamond skin = 91%. Do you desire a toon capable of surviving Atziri flame blasts? NO YOU CAN'T!)
-kaltenhalt gives only +5% ice resistance (+ EA + PoI + DS = 88%. Do you desire to facetank the freezing pulse seawitch in maps? NO YOU CAN'T!)
-as far as i know, there is no unique that adds +x% to max lightning res (do you want to be safe against Dominus souls or Storm herald bosses? NO YOU CAN'T!)

Now.. Path of exile is born by a fusion of many games: Diablo style, Final fantasy 7 materia system, Final fantasy 10 grid system etc. So i ask: WHY don't take exemple by one of the kings of the hack n slash, Titan quest? I played it for over 6 years (quality is quality..), and i can assure you that it provides not only attacks, but even defenses!!! In it, it's possible to become totally immune to ranged attack, and/or to melee attacks, and/or against certain mobs races (demons, undeads etc). Invincibility? NO. Because you are totally vulnerable to other races, against which there is NO defense!!! Must Poe be an hard game? Ok, but for this reason it should at least give the players the CHOICE between AN immunity or another! And this without compromising with hp like CI!!! There are 6 threats:

1- physical
2- fire
3- ice
4- lightning
5- chaos
6- "various" unblockables (like corrupting blood)

WHY the player CAN'T decide to make a toon immune to ONLY ONE of these 6 menaces? There will be 5 remaining, they are not few!!! But at least the not-a-cockr..ehm, the not-a-taliban player can be at least partially enlighted to live between a cap and an awful mechanic. Between a "you can't do this" and a nerf..

Sorry for the lenghty post
Last edited by Jake_GGG on Jun 13, 2014, 11:00:50 PM
"
Wispo wrote:
snip

This link is a video of a guy going afk in the Atziri fight for over 4 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd9KVhuzSTg&feature=youtu.be

You can build a tank who is completely invincible to physical damage, with 100% fire/lit res (and cold if you so desire) pretty easily. You can even do fire without flasks at all just use a RotP.

Heck my dps character does this (can chain IC permanently, 99/99 fire/lit and that's without sacrificing much at all to get there. Chaos can't be mitigated entirely unless you use CI. Stuff like corrupting blood is easy to mitigate - use your flasks (but I couldn't roll one! is not an excuse) or when it comes down to it IC makes you immune to that as well. (bleeds are physical)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
All that wall of text over lvl41 templar. Wow.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
"
1988288 wrote:
All that wall of text over lvl41 templar. Wow.

I actually read it too. Then kind of wished that I hadn't. Oh well.
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
snip

You can build a tank who is completely invincible to physical damage, with 100% fire/lit res (and cold if you so desire) pretty easily. You can even do fire without flasks at all just use a RotP.

Heck my dps character does this (can chain IC permanently, 99/99 fire/lit and that's without sacrificing much at all to get there. Chaos can't be mitigated entirely unless you use CI. Stuff like corrupting blood is easy to mitigate - use your flasks (but I couldn't roll one! is not an excuse) or when it comes down to it IC makes you immune to that as well. (bleeds are physical)

Oh yeah, the mighty Gellig of Mortezzah, i knew it. So bad it uses super expensive legacy gear (all nerfed after the whinings of you "purists" that are all only capable of defending the game like enraged lawyers and mocking who doesn't think like you that this game is good, and in fact you are mocking me saying "I actually read it too. Then kind of wished that I hadn't. Oh well"). At this point you could have saved your time. And so bad that this game has an extremely poor difficulty/drops ratio, when instead the player should be enhanced to continue playing through unreasonables spike of difficulty (like unbalanced cruel dominus, crazy corrupted bosses and foolish choices like giving orchard devourer a "one sure hit when popping out of the ground"). OH WELL..
"
JayJJericho wrote:
Seriously, what the freak is up with every map having 1-3 bosses with corrupted blood? Whoever came up with that buff needs to be shot in the head. There isn't a single buff in the game that slows it down or adds resistance to bleeding or anything. There's NOTHING to do but die. Sure, flasks can remove bleeding, but it only works for the current stack and then it gets applied right back to you. Basically anyone who isn't a health regen tank is dead in under 3 seconds. Bleeding is essentially an unblockable, unbeatable element and is impossibly overpowered, it's like bringing a tank to a knife fight. Seriously, fix this crap already, I'm tired of trying to level up, only to run into a CB boss and instantly die, loosing stupid amounts of xp. If you're going to have OP bosses that can 1 shot you from off screen, you can't penalize us for dying. You might as well just have a system built into the game that kills a player every 2 hours for kicks and giggles. Hey, you know those 3 bars of XP you just got from doing the last map? Well, they're gone now. Have fun grinding some more! -.- I am not amused. I have never had a game intentionally try and screw me so consistently before.

The alternate answer would be, the player's gameplay abilities are broken as $HIT.
TLDR: runs into area where the boss is known to have corrupting blood... without a staunching flask... dies... SHOCK!

Sorry, your fault entirely - if you don't have a staunching flask, don't go in the Arcane Chambers (and only 8 stacks if I read correctly - should be able to leech through that).
i dont think corrupting blood is a problem anymore. when it first came out yes it was complete bullshit, u die in 3seconds. but now its balanced.
Last edited by Hustla4Lyfe on Jun 13, 2014, 9:51:44 PM
"
Wispo wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
snip

Oh yeah, the mighty Gellig of Mortezzah, i knew it. So bad it uses super expensive legacy gear (all nerfed after the whinings of you "purists" that are all only capable of defending the game like enraged lawyers and mocking who doesn't think like you that this game is good, and in fact you are mocking me saying "I actually read it too. Then kind of wished that I hadn't. Oh well"). At this point you could have saved your time. And so bad that this game has an extremely poor difficulty/drops ratio, when instead the player should be enhanced to continue playing through unreasonables spike of difficulty (like unbalanced cruel dominus, crazy corrupted bosses and foolish choices like giving orchard devourer a "one sure hit when popping out of the ground"). OH WELL..

You have a problem man, but Corrupting Blood isn't it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info