Corrupted Blood Broken as Sh*t

"
Hustla4Lyfe wrote:
i dont think corrupting blood is a problem anymore. when it first came out yes it was complete bullshit, u die in 3seconds. but now its balanced.

I believe that many people still die in 3 sec if they have litte than 5k hp or so. Some corrupted blood rare bosses are so retarted.
Corrupting Blood is the ultimate ESC + EXIT mechanic.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
"
Perfect_Black wrote:

As an Incinerator (one of the most CB-prone builds), I disagree. Even though CB rares fill me with a full stacks of charges in a second, the damage is laughable and I always have a staunching flask available. without it, it can, at most, burn 3k ES. I don't even have armour. I run Incinerate with LMP and 6 casts per second. I run Arctic Armour, if that's relevant. Running maps at level 82.

The bump of this thread was completely unneeded.
Another quality ZAP! post.
Last edited by chimpanzee on Jun 14, 2014, 7:25:42 AM
"
chimpanzee wrote:
"
Perfect_Black wrote:

As an Incinerator (one of the most CB-prone builds), I disagree. Even though CB rares fill me with a full stacks of charges in a second, the damage is laughable and I always have a staunching flask available. without it, it can, at most, burn 3k ES. I don't even have armour. I run Incinerate with LMP and 6 casts per second. I run Arctic Armour, if that's relevant. Running maps at level 82.

The bump of this thread was completely unneeded.

Arctic armor is the only reason you can live through corrupted blood rares. As an incinerator who does not yet have enough regen to run arctic armor on top of everything else, corrupted blood rares mean death in 3 seconds or less. I am forced to let my totem kill them, which isn't always an option when they are surrounded by other monsters.

I also don't always notice them. Its not like they glow or anything. Can't count the number of times ive been flaming a pack of monsters and a CB rare walks into the fire and suddenly i'm dead.

I don't think theres anything in the game that counters a build as hard as CB counters incinerate or other high attack speed builds.

Staunching Flask.

/thread
IGN:Flickfrap
The REAL problem is,I just want to kill pack of mobs , enjoy the feeling of roller compaction,but CB make me must pay attention to every rare monster, Am I still on working?
IGN:EYELVAUD
Corrupting Blood greatly reduces build diversity by removing the ability for the average player to play high attack speed builds with any effectiveness. It also does a great job at countering energy shield builds in general.

It ignores arctic armour
It ignores endurance charges
it ignores armour
and it ignores Mind Over Matter
It also ignores evasion.

This reduces your total angles of approach to Life Sustain and Flasks. Which makes the enemy immediately binary: Do you have good life recovery (through regen or leech)? Do you have staunching flasks? If you're running energy shield, do you have Zealots Oath and/or Ghost Reaver?

If the answer to the above is no: The mod kills you. As such it's a pretty good thing that it's only a nemesis mod. I think this mod would be beyond cruel and impact build variety negatively if it was part of the base game.

One has to keep in mind the average player: not what is technically possible. Mortal Kombat can be beating without ever getting hit, but that doesn't mean Shao-Khan isn't overpowered. The same applies here.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
"
Arctic armor is the only reason you can live through corrupted blood rares

Arctic armor does not reduce corrupted blood damage. He takes the same amount of damage as you.

I run a 5.8 APS build. Corrupted blood is easy to deal with.
Last edited by kasub on Jun 14, 2014, 11:07:02 AM
Corrupting blood is easy to deal with... if you notice it in time. As one of the more dangerous things in the game, it really needs a better visual indicator. The reflect auras are pretty obvious, substantial extra physical damage auras are obvious too. You can see / hear storm herald / hexfont from a mile away. Lightning thorns has a decent visual indicator too, albeit more subtle.

Corrupting blood in nemesis might actually have easier to deal with. When you're actively conscious of the fact that every single rare monster has a nemesis affix that could potentially be corrupting blood, you're going to be more diligent in checking for the affixes of rare monsters. Outside of nemesis however, it's easy to fall back into a more relaxed state since corrupting blood rares aren't all that common. Essentially it goes back to my opening line, it's easy to deal with if you notice it in time.
"
kasub wrote:
"
Arctic armor is the only reason you can live through corrupted blood rares

Arctic armor does not reduce corrupted blood damage. He takes the same amount of damage as you.

I run a 5.8 APS build. Corrupted blood is easy to deal with.

Thanks for the support :)
I don't see any reason people die to CB so often, other than playing badly or not carrying a staunching.

Even I usually don't notice CB rares until I have a couple of charges on me, and even then it never gets past my 4k ES (full 20 charge stack!). That is in maps.
I have no idea whether or not arctic armour mitigates it. One certain thing is that it never makes me completely immune to the charges' damage.
Another quality ZAP! post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info