Corrupted Blood Broken as Sh*t

"
BaggerX wrote:

We really need some better warning about these mobs at least.

LOL. I agree ! Just died to one. Forgot which key was my staunching flask - which i _did_ have equipped.

The other problem is that it's yet another "nag" mod.

Now you always have no have a staunching flask.

For storm heralds you always need a topaz.

Pretty soon you'll _always_ have to have 6 flask in your 5 slots to protect you from all the stupid mods.

Tiresome, not "difficult" or "hardcore".
I keep a staunching for Dominus in my bank. Outside of that i never worry about CB.

I have a feeling OP has 500 life, no or little ES, and is trying to map in his sleep.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
It's annoying as hell that I have to continually stare at the indicators in the top left to have a chance to react in time, rather than being able to watch the action on the screen. That's just poor design. There should be some indicator that I can easily see or hear while still watching my character. Right now the visual effect is mostly useless due to the other visual effects on the screen that obscure it. If I wanted to stare at little icons, I'd just play Nethack.
Last edited by BaggerX on Apr 26, 2014, 8:54:32 PM
There is no doubt that CB is pretty cheap at times, and probably too powerful. I've seen golems in Nemesis that would kill you in like 1 second flat with several stacks. You have to be really careful, and any time you see a rare watch the top left corner for the effect icon.

There are certain mobs that will kill you with CB no matter what build or gear you have, they do absurd damage. It isn't about your character, it's simply a matter of having enough flask charges (depends on the mob, and somewhat on your attack speed, etc, but everyone is in the same boat once you get some stacks, there is nothing that can stop it but a flask).

Also I don't even play PoE in merc anymore without a minimum of 2 staunching flasks. Usually 3.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Apr 26, 2014, 9:50:39 PM
It is over powered, but the real problem for me is that I really don't know it's happening until it's too late. With this buff, there really needs to be a much better indicator. I do carry a flask for it, but it's only saved me 3 times out of dozens, because I just simply don't know it's happening.

This issue also takes into account how far or how close you are sitting to a monitor. I sit a little close, so my eyes have to really travel to see it. I find this unique, as most other affects don't factor in viewing distance, and this one surely does. It might sound funny, but I would have no problem with this effect if there was a big red blinking hand that is 75% of the screen that listed "PRESS FLASK NOW!". It would be very intrusive, but I have no option to sit further away.
It seems bizarre that people are getting wrecked by CB when my witch with Abyssus can tank 10-15 stacks until they expire. She doesn't even bother carrying a Staunching outside Dominus anymore.

edit: Not trying to l2p you guys, but somethings off here.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Apr 27, 2014, 11:15:27 PM
While one has the CB stacks one might want to avoid patches of shocking ground... Test it out on a map. I would not say CB is OP, but CB + shocking ground is pretty effective.
ES build + very high attack speed + corrupted blood = insta death
IGN TylordRampage
I think it depends on the build. I have only died once to corrupting blood with my main, and that was due to having moved my flasks around :^)

I'm a CI CoC Discharger, and I leech back all the damage I take from the rare while killing it. When it's dead I simply press a flask and voila, I'm still alive.
Then again some other builds will have bigger issues with it. That's how it goes.

My biggest issue is hidden elemental reflect. In 4+-man partys, run into a mob, they got 'Can't die' from a totem, a rare in the mob also gives ele reflect that in mostmabs is friggin impossible to spot under the other buff. Some builds won't have any problems with that, and thats just how this games goes.

Silsamazing - lvl 100 Witch
SilAndTheVortex - lvl 100 Occultist
"
Malone wrote:
ES build + very high attack speed + corrupted blood = insta death

That's exactly what I play, and never die to CB.

I leech through it (and it instadies - do you guys have no dps or what?) and then flask. End of rare group.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info