GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
Jojas wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:
Xav you're acting out, no idea what you're trying to do with that. Flipping is the most efficient way to stack up currency, by far.

Sure, if you know how to do it. Most people who cry about flipping being efficient don't know, thus they cry.

Good one. :D

guide on how you flip mad exalts pls
"
b15h09 wrote:

You don't have to grind at all if you flip, and you'll have a lot more to show for the time you put in. Playing the trade game is what this ARPG is all about.

As far as 'tons of stuff you don't need having value'? Not so much. +life +resists. Pretty much everyone needs it. Neat concept, but it certainly doesn't play out that way with the game's current balance. If only people were burning up trade chat looking for reflect damage and light radius.

Again, that's only if you know how to flip and are willing to invest time in it, then you're basically grinding the trade chat :) And yes, there's tons of stuff that can drop that you don't need and still sells well. Certain uniques (just sold a Searing Touch because I won't be making a fire char this league), or simply items that are not upgrades to you but are still valuable. I sell 'trash' all the time for 1-3c. Plays out quite well.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
artojas wrote:
"
Jojas wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Sure, if you know how to do it. Most people who cry about flipping being efficient don't know, thus they cry.

That's super top secret. But he makes at least 10 ex a day with it, I swear.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
artojas wrote:
"
Jojas wrote:

That's super top secret. But he makes at least 10 ex a day with it, I swear.[/quote]

Should i tell them already?its been too long,someone has to say it at some point.Maybe then they can stop QQing
Bye bye desync!
"
Xavderion wrote:

Flipping is not required to get items. Grinding of course is, but isn't that what ARPGs are about? And as I said before, trading makes tons of stuff you drop but don't need still valuable and thus the player happy when it drops. And your comparison to D3 is flawed, the only thing you could somewhat reliably grind there was gold and gold inflation was ridiculous so there's that. And RMAH =/= AH =/= poe.xyz :)

And who said flipping is required for anything?
Grinding is also not required to get items.

It's not flawed, and what you've said proved it.
Yes, gold could've been grinded, so are orbs in PoE, exactly the same situation.
That equation is incredibly irrelevant.

Flipping is the most efficient way to get things done, by far. It was like that in D3, and is in PoE.

By the way, where do you manage to sell "trash" items for 1-3 chaos? And how about an example of that kind of an item?
"
tinko92 wrote:

And who said flipping is required for anything?
Grinding is also not required to get items.

Then how do you get items?

"
tinko92 wrote:

It's not flawed, and what you've said proved it.
Yes, gold could've been grinded, so are orbs in PoE, exactly the same situation.
That equation is incredibly irrelevant.

The difference is a) orbs have an intrinsic value and b) most orbs aren't prone to inflation, especially not in the 4-month leagues. So yes, the comparison is flawed.

"
tinko92 wrote:
Flipping is the most efficient way to get things done, by far. It was like that in D3, and is in PoE.

Again, only if you know how to do it. Flipping was fairly easy in D3 because of the AH and RMAH and the simple itemization.

"
tinko92 wrote:
By the way, where do you manage to sell "trash" items for 1-3 chaos? And how about an example of that kind of an item?

Mid-quality gems, mid-rolled HP/ES + 2 res armour, mid-rolled weapons... I sell it via a buyout shop, like most people.
Do you know what does the word "grind" mean?
One doesn't have to grind to get items.
With a single play-through one can engage a nice flipping activity.

Spare us the intrinsic orb value, the most effective way to use an orb is to go shopping.
Transfer all orbs into chaos and exalts, that is it, it is the same thing as gold, the same.
You could've used gold for gambling, just like you can use orbs in PoE.

And the inflation argument is incredibly irrelevant also.
I was buying ~1k DPS one-handers for couple of thousands, and then reselling for 30k+.
Simple as that, completely the same environment.

If you still claim that it's flawed, do explain.

Simple itemization argument? You mean res + life (+ AR/EV/ES) gear in PoE? Spell + cast (+ crit)? Phys + IAS (+ crit)? ;)
I won't even say that it was a nice try, it was a terrible try.

What can I say, if you really do manage to sell those things which serve in the leveling process, where newbies don't use poe.xyz, at least a huge majority of them.
I personally don't believe that, at least not that those sales go fluently. I couldn't sell those kind of items in Standard, way before Ambush, and yet you manage that in Ambush.
Anyway, setting those 1 chaos items in a shop, setting their b/o's and the whole process of trading, I really wonder how is that worth the time.
Having one of the worst trade systems ever, in a trade oriented game... Beautiful.
94 pages of arguing about this. You really want this sfl so badly...
"
tinko92 wrote:
Do you know what does the word "grind" mean?
One doesn't have to grind to get items.
With a single play-through one can engage a nice flipping activity.

Spare us the intrinsic orb value, the most effective way to use an orb is to go shopping.
Transfer all orbs into chaos and exalts, that is it, it is the same thing as gold, the same.
You could've used gold for gambling, just like you can use orbs in PoE.

And the inflation argument is incredibly irrelevant also.
I was buying ~1k DPS one-handers for couple of thousands, and then reselling for 30k+.
Simple as that, completely the same environment.

If you still claim that it's flawed, do explain.

Simple itemization argument? You mean res + life (+ AR/EV/ES) gear in PoE? Spell + cast (+ crit)? Phys + IAS (+ crit)? ;)
I won't even say that it was a nice try, it was a terrible try.

What can I say, if you really do manage to sell those things which serve in the leveling process, where newbies don't use poe.xyz, at least a huge majority of them.
I personally don't believe that, at least not that those sales go fluently. I couldn't sell those kind of items in Standard, way before Ambush, and yet you manage that in Ambush.
Anyway, setting those 1 chaos items in a shop, setting their b/o's and the whole process of trading, I really wonder how is that worth the time.
Having one of the worst trade systems ever, in a trade oriented game... Beautiful.

Reading some of your posts, one could think you have barely any experience playing PoE. Since you clearly do (a LOT more than myself), you're either trolling or trying really hard to see everything as negative as possible. You simply repeating your false statements and conveniently ignoring some of my arguments makes discussing with you a really softcore experience :P It also baffles me how someone can be a good flipper, but at the same time thinks that setting up buyout shops takes a considerable amount of time or even that it isn't worth it. I upgrade my shop once a day and it takes me literally two minutes. Trading the item ingame takes another minute maybe. That's it. And those newbies all find me through poe.xyz or poemarkets :)
"
Xavderion wrote:

That's super top secret. But he makes at least 10 ex a day with it, I swear.

I don't flip. I once did for a while, in another game, but it turned out to be shitty and lame, for me at least, so I stopped.

I just liked the logic of your post: Flipping is efficient, but people who "cry" about it being so efficient (!) only do so because they are being so inefficient in it.
That is so twisted and so blatantly tailored after your preconceptions, that it is both funny and sad. Sad because in your status-quo defending efforts you don't even see how little sense that makes. Funny because you post nothing much except troll-ish oneliners, just like this one. For me you turn out to be something like the court jester here.
Last edited by Jojas on May 5, 2014, 2:53:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info