GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
lukeiy wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You just want the game to be easier. SFL isn't really your goal.

I spent 2 hours in trade chat for the first time this league, because I was trying to avoid it.

Went from 10 chaos to 60. It literally doesn't get easier than that.

I feel so greasy, those poor people...

I assume you made that by selling your stuff? Then you didn't go from 10 to 60 chaos, you went from having 10 chaos + 50 chaos worth of gear to 60 chaos :) If you made that by flipping, please teach me, Flipping-sama.

Flipped my way to glory baby. Like I said, those poor people. I find trading incredibly simple but I disgust myself in the lies I'll say to bend people to my will.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
lukeiy wrote:

Flipped my way to glory baby. Like I said, those poor people. I find trading incredibly simple but I disgust myself in the lies I'll say to bend people to my will.

So what did you flip? ;)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
So what did you flip? ;)

Other's people perception of item value?

Spoiler
:o)?
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Xav you're acting out, no idea what you're trying to do with that. Flipping is the most efficient way to stack up currency, by far.
"
tinko92 wrote:
Xav you're acting out, no idea what you're trying to do with that. Flipping is the most efficient way to stack up currency, by far.

Sure, if you know how to do it. Most people who cry about flipping being efficient don't know, thus they cry.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
tinko92 wrote:

Like robbing a bank or pulling a Madoff ponzi scheme.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Xavderion wrote:

Sure, if you know how to do it. Most people who cry about flipping being efficient don't know, thus they cry.

Disagree. It's a principle of a way to acquire your own items, it's not even debatable will someone feel better if he drops item X or grinding/flipping to buy that item X.

Funny thing really, at first, there was that D3 meme, something like "your loot? it's in the auction house".

How things change, yet...
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Disagree. It's a principle of a way to acquire your own items, it's not even debatable will someone feel better if he drops item X or grinding/flipping to buy that item X.

Funny thing really, at first, there was that D3 meme, something like "your loot? it's in the auction house".

Flipping is not required to get items. Grinding of course is, but isn't that what ARPGs are about? And as I said before, trading makes tons of stuff you drop but don't need still valuable and thus the player happy when it drops. And your comparison to D3 is flawed, the only thing you could somewhat reliably grind there was gold and gold inflation was ridiculous so there's that. And RMAH =/= AH =/= poe.xyz :)
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

Good one. :D
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Flipping is not required to get items. Grinding of course is, but isn't that what ARPGs are about? And as I said before, trading makes tons of stuff you drop but don't need still valuable and thus the player happy when it drops. And your comparison to D3 is flawed, the only thing you could somewhat reliably grind there was gold and gold inflation was ridiculous so there's that. And RMAH =/= AH =/= poe.xyz :)

You don't have to grind at all if you flip, and you'll have a lot more to show for the time you put in. Playing the trade game is what this ARPG is all about.

As far as 'tons of stuff you don't need having value'? Not so much. +life +resists. Pretty much everyone needs it. Neat concept, but it certainly doesn't play out that way with the game's current balance. If only people were burning up trade chat looking for reflect damage and light radius.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info