GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
LostForm wrote:

I agree with your post. Just wanted to address your sig though, I like to use hyberbole whether i need to or not thank you.

Okay, I got no problem with that :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Looks like the SFL proponents have pulled out the no RMT in SFL card, which isnt even true. MAke account, let bots lvl chars, sell account. Repeat. Why would anyone do that? Because of top ladder rankings and such. SFL proponents think they had a fair shot at the top of the ladder which isnt true.

It pains me to see pro-SFL arguments being made up just as much as it pains me to see anti-SFL arguments being made up.

OK, let's argue under the assumption that RMT is rampant. Lets not discuss whether RMT is rampant, lets take it as a fact it is for the purpose of the discussion.
- in standard/HC you can instantly buy any high-end item or a high amount of most valuable orbs in the game.
- in standard/HC you can pay for power-leveling services, boss-farm services, etc
- in standard/HC you can buy an account
- in SFL you can buy an account
So besides the obvious difference with the first two bullet points, lets make a few regarding account sales.
- in standard/HC you can quickly twink a character, make it level90+ within a few days, equip it with high end items, and resell the whole thing for a pretty penny
- in SFL you have to play for several weeks/months to get an account to the point where someone would buy it, and you are limited to offering only something you managed to drop on it
So after stating the obvious difference between making an account for sale in each type of league, we can conclude that an RMT guy will never be able to get nowhere as much bang for the buck in SFL compared to standard/HC. But lets assume anyway that he bought an account with a 6L Shavs and alright items in other slots. He bought a slight advantage, but the legit player will still keep up, assuming he has the same amount of time, efficiency and willpower. The account seller will have to devote several weeks/months again to get another account to the point where it would sell. The account seller is limited by heavy RNG, and while he might get an account worth selling within days, he might not succeed even after several months. It is far more profitable to do this in Standard/HC - you build a base, and from that base have an easy time creating more and more stuff for sale - and as items sell, he only grows stronger roots to become richer. Where is the incentive in having start over from 0 every time? It's a completely irrational business decision.

On a side note, regarding the ladder, it is a fact that there top spots are limited. It is a fact that not everyone can be top rank. Those who support the idea of SFL with illusions of having a shot at top ladder ranking or equipping their character for endgame within days are plain delusional, and I honestly doubt GGG is paying any attention to them.

Whenever you have a constructive suggestion on a public game forum like this one, the majority of posters (depending on the popularity of the idea) will -always- be delusional ones who care more about their personal, short term satisfaction, and have no desire to see the game improve on a global scale.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
73 pages with no GGG response. Interesting. Obviously an incredibly passionate subject though.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
73 pages with no GGG response. Interesting. Obviously an incredibly passionate subject though.

To be fair, it's not as if hundreds and hundreds of people are posting here. More like a dozen, tops, with the occasional straggler showing up, never to be seen again.
"
Isbox1 wrote:

You missed the official response. It wasn't given directly in this thread, but it was public and available for everyone. A few pages ago.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

You missed the official response. It wasn't given directly in this thread, but it was public and available for everyone. A few pages ago.

WOW - thanks Venator

wow... I would have thought never in a million years - but looks like they may have some sort of SFL plans in the next few years. That's awesome news!
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

WOW - thanks Venator

wow... I would have thought never in a million years - but looks like they may have some sort of SFL plans in the next few years. That's awesome news!

Not quite SFL, but more precisely SF. Which is even better.
"
khemintiri wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
LSN wrote:
What I did here, is more or less loosely mathematically proofing why a SFL is a no good (and therefoe answering the thread). You ignore all that and base your single argument on that I used the phrase "SFL fascists".

You are the kind of ppl the world does not need in fact, as this attitude of political correctness causes most societal evil in the world. But I am sure a man of your substance, wont even understand such things even in 20 years ahead from now.

No. You are mathematically proving why the SFL wouldn't be your league of choice, nothing else.

Not even going to bother commenting on the rest of your post, I'm not going to be pulled into that kind of troll.

Or he just made the best post with the most valid points i have seen in a long time, and you just don't know how to answer to him without cheap tactics or logical fallacies.

But hey , let's keep it as he is just trolling , so you guys can continue your crusade.

Nope,even I won't reply seriously to LSNs posts anywhere on this forum.

Regardless if they have any discussion worthy material in them.He/she/it will always include any variation of/or including all,insult,antagonize,rudeness,name calling,stereotyping and outright stupidity.

Reply for sure if you're bored and need entertainment,but serious reply ... nope

=)
"
OssanTensa wrote:
Well I'll come out and say that i may revisit this game if drops are improved or maybe its more a case of more items (orange) needs to be introduced, which I know is slowly happening in anyway.

So I enjoy games with lots of items and great drop rates. Basically I'm talking like TQ and currently Grimdawn. I still play TQ even after all these years. I roll in the loot and I'm loving it. Grimdawn is great that way as well and I can guarantee you that I will be playing that for many years to come.

But as far as a SFL in POE is concerned, I believe it will be a mistake. POE is made by "traders" for "traders" and that should not change. Its GGG passion and its working for them whether people believe it or not.

Grimdawn is made by "adventurers" for "adventurers" (single player). If thats your thing, seek out something similar.

Don't try and make POE a jack of all trades but a master of none..

Agree,but GGG really ought to rethink their sales pitch don't you think ?

See you in Grim Dawn when Multiplayer is live ? =)
Last edited by Temper on Apr 30, 2014, 10:56:02 AM
"
Temper wrote:

Nope,even I won't reply seriously to LSNs posts anywhere on this forum.

Regardless if they have any discussion worthy material in them.He/she/it will always include any variation of/or including all,insult,antagonize,rudeness,name calling,stereotyping and outright stupidity.

Reply for sure if you're bored and need entertainment,but serious reply ... nope

=)

No idea what Khemintiri was reading, LSN has been using the most cheap tactics and logical fallacies of anyone in here. How is posting assumptions and calling them facts now regarded as good argumentation?
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info