GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

this is my thread and when i mean SFL i mean the way it was in d2

there would be no party grouping... this version i have visioned would be pretty much a offline version of the game with maybe a few changes with /commands

but anyways people who saying RMT would be in a SFL.... honestly people who would want to play in this type of self found items dont give any shits of other peopls levels or items... they play the game for the soul reason of finding there own items and have there own collection.

i feel most the people here are to young to remember diablo 2 and fail to fall in to reason and make foolish statements about a "SFL" to destroy the thought of it ever being made a reasonable discussion

and i believe people fail to understand how much RMT is in PoE it may not all fall under RMT but the number of people who use d2jsp an old diablo 2 trading ground falls under so much... and knowning most the people on the ladder system thats in the top 20 buy a never ending 77-78 maps and then stating how RMT can work in a SLF... is really silly

and i will not name and shame people... just got warned for doing so... and GGG knows most the people in the top 20 buy there never ending supple of maps off RMT sites
Last edited by lolbam on Apr 30, 2014, 4:15:16 AM
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
What specifically do you disagree with them for?

3: The amount of tabs can be bought to store virtually unlimited items depending on your wallet, or buying character slots to store items directly on them.

This is not much different in the current leagues. Only 4 stash tab would be pretty inconvinent if such decision will be taken imho the number should be increased (say 20 tabs flat to all account).

Limiting max character count is an artificial way to limit muling, I currently happen to have 74 characters, I don't see the point of being limited to create alts just to avoid more item storage. Considering character inventory is pretty limited, this shouldn't really be a problem.

"
Worldbreaker wrote:
8: Should happen. Being self found I couldn't imagine finding an exalt and still wearing blue items going into merciless. I didn't say they have to be fair, but you should be able to convert them at least down.

I don't strongly oppose to this but I believe that by disabling trading some adjustments should be made to currency drop rates to make some higher level orbs more reachable. The main point I didn't like in vendor recipe is that it would affect other leagues currency exchange rates in respect to SFL recipes.

My suggestion would be a gem vendor or making all gems accessible from quest reward system.

"
Worldbreaker wrote:
To your edit: If grouping remains then you can stockpile maps to a single account, buying accounts that have maps then opening them to run on your main.

Isn't buying accounts is already a ban worthy offence? I think we should focus more on what SFL introduce as cheating instead of what already exists.

Ok I think you misunderstood my point with 3. The reason stash tabs aren't p2w is because free players can mule items from other accounts. With trade disabled muleing can't happen. This league would have a fee, but you still will have people that pay the fee and can only afford the fee and no tabs. Same with extra characters, extra storage that free or lower supporting players have 0 accessibility to is p2w even in a paid league.

If magic find weren't removed I see how Tempers suggestion of having the stash limited to a single character would be beneficial. Then you wouldn't have a dedicated magic find character, just a magic find gear set. Really like that idea actually.

Gem vendor would be a good addition, but I don't think orb vendor recipes would affect other leagues. Softcore has exalted at 1:20 chaos, ambush has 1:40. Even if they vendor in SFL for 20 chaos lets say, I highly doubt chaos to exalts in ambush would tank. Especially when the addition is added to compensate playing solo.

No one in any league sells fusings for chances 1:1 but the vendor.

Also the only RMT that will remain with grouping out is selling accounts, which benefits other players competing.

The other flip side is, I would want the ladder to be reset. There is no point on competing if it were made permanent. But some believe it should be permanent.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on Apr 30, 2014, 4:14:24 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
All of the above must happen.

Unnecessary level of self-confidence while sharing opinion on how you would prefer SFL to be which mostly didn't even sounded like good ideas.

Your opinion about my opinions making the game fair is unfounded. I at least provided examples of why they must, you on the other hand didn't provide anything but an empty snarky comment.

If grouping remains than trading remains. I can see the party board now

WTT 3x Academy 76 runs for your 2x Shipyards
WTT Atziri run your 4x Courtyard
Dominus Culler 268/28 1hr= 1x Shore run
Dominus Piety kill service, your 3x 66 map runs

But yea, no trade league.

No, trading would be DISABLED in a SFL league, meaning you cannot even click 'trade' on a persons name, ergo such game names would be pointless.

I'm sure some people would continue trading by of making a mule account to trade to another player (and risk losing it all), and like cross-realm trading GGG would not care and say they can do it at their own risk.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
So again, tell me the difference between grinding currency to buy stuff and grinding stuff? There is no real difference (you grind). Everything is gated by time investment.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
See that's the difference between dress a doll gamer and progression gamer.

I don't want to be guaranteed an item, and in no way do I want to just buy it.

I want to find it, maybe, eventually, but I want to be only gated from content by my own ability to do it. That ability which comes, slowly, from finding gear. If that item itself is keeping me from advancing, I'm still banging at the hardest content I can without it, if I want.

I never feel entitled to gear, only to content and crafting access and that that gear is actually there for me to find or craft.

Okay, so you want your gear to not be guaranteed? That's the only difference? You can have that in the current leagues, simply don't trade.

I'm fine with gearing in current leagues, I don't want a SFL, were you under the impression I did? My issue with the game is and always has been content and craft gating behind trading.
Casually casual.

"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
"
mushioov wrote:

This, my friends, is a textbook example of a lost soul, a soul who lost himself battling the inevitable. He couldn't grasp that the game wasn't catered to his every whim at every turn. This turned him bitter and hollow. He just couldn't handle it so he starting hating. Every post, more bitter than the previous is a testament of his passion once died to the expectations of unreal scale. Now he wanders the forums, hating, whining, applying sarcasm to "bring out the truth", which is not - nor ever will be - reality.

-mushioov

I'm being lectured at by a guy who goes around quoting himself?

Was I talking to you? No.
Was I quoting myself? No.

lets be really if people and going to start saying " why not just play on normal league and dont trade " then why is there a "hardcore league" that when you die you dont lose your items or char

just play on normal league and if u die stop playing on them.... this logic is just full retard
"
lolbam wrote:
lets be really if people and going to start saying " why not just play on normal league and dont trade " then why is there a "hardcore league" that when you die you dont lose your items or char

just play on normal league and if u die stop playing on them.... this logic is just full retard
No, it's not. Trading is not something which happens to you against your will, it is something which you cause to happen. The day monsters ask for your permission to kill you or not is the day when that argument is valid.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:

No, it's not. Trading is not something which happens to you against your will, it is something which you cause to happen. The day monsters ask for your permission to kill you or not is the day when that argument is valid.

whats the point of having a hardcore league when you can delete your char once he dies once then?

so we dont need a "hardcore league" then

this logic is just full retard

and same is said for people who say " if you want an offline or sfl version type game just dont trade with people"
"
lolbam wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:

whats the point of having a hardcore league when you can delete your char once he dies once then?

so we dont need a "hardcore league" then

this logic is just full retard
Um, you just said the exact same shit again. Not a very good debate strategy.

To clarify: when something happens to a player against their will (death), the game needs to enforce the consequence of that action against their will (banishment to Standard); when something happens to a player in accordance with their will (trading), the consequence of that action can be enforced in accordance with their will (no need for mandatory penalties or arbitrary restrictions).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 30, 2014, 6:55:57 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
lolbam wrote:

Yeah, the game sure asks if I want content and crafting to be gated behind orbs I find or orbs 10,000 other people find. Lol.

Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info