GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
free_at_last wrote:
At this moment the ladders of PoE are not much more then a penis comparison.

Ladders will always be a joke in PoE as rmt/streamers/trade magnates will always have an enormous advantage over the 'average' player. Which is why I personally want trade nerfed and solo play buffed in general vs a SFL.

Edit: By solo play buffed I mean MF removed completely not drop rates increased. I want more fairness between all players not more rewards.

This.

A SFL opens up even more methods of RMT. I see it now "500/30 culler $20 per hour", "Act 3 Merc Rush $10" "78 maps $1 per run".

Removing the ability to trade currency opens up more RMT opportunities as long as it has grouping. If anything, this also makes tracing it a fuck ton harder as well.

Thats why only fair competition in this game can be Solo SFL.
I completely agree with no grouping as it will come down to sharing map accesses, which is just another way of trading for endgame access which directly effects the access to gated content.

And more importantly if grouping is allowed all the lame mechanics in PoE would continue to ruin SFL such as;
- Party IIR bonus
- Party Aura whoring
- Party Culling guy
- Party based drop rates adjustments on GGG's side
- Parties facerolling maps with %10 risk of doing same thing solo
etc etc..
''Thats why only fair competition in this game can be Solo SFL.[/quote]

Ok. Let's get on board with this then.

Solo Singleplayer No trade Perm Ladder! Boom... Lets play!

Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Apr 30, 2014, 2:57:10 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
Here is a list of things that must happen to even remotely make this SFL idea close to reality.

1. No Grouping
a: Removes all RMT when combined with no trading. (Aside from account sales, which are easiest for GGG to trace)
b: Prevents the ladder from being dominated by well formed groups.
c: Prevents support characters (Aura whores/Cullers) getting free high level map rides. (On top of RMT possibility)

2. No Trading (obviously)

3. Accounts limited to 4 stash tabs and 24 characters in the SFL.
a: League becomes P2W if you can't mule (read Trade).
b: Extra characters provide more storage.

4. No Guild Stash

5. Removal of magic find entirely
a: Prevents certain builds from dominating the ladder being able to stack tons of MF.

6. Hardcore and Softcore SFL's
a: Only fair.

7. Fee/donation for playing in the league.
a: With the removal of any reason to have an MTX, a fee MUST happen to sustain it.

8: More Vendor Recipes to convert currency (now crafting materials) up and down.

All of the above must happen. Drop rate increases are arguable, however welcome, still arguable or not required. Not sure if there are more things that would be required. Group play would 100% have to go, the keyword here is "Self" in Self Found League, having a culler or buddy slay a monster and you get drops and saying you "Self Found" it sounds ridiculous.

I would play this, at least competition would be as fair as it could possibly be!
:D

You sir are a genius. This is exactly the league i am dreaming of. So far i gave GGG around 100 $ which i regret, but for this league i would give 200 without second thought.

This league would have everything, fair competition, no RMT, no party carries, with orb vendor there would be crafting !!!!! and orb drop rate could stay the same.

Holy shit, this could be the game i would play for years and years.
"
symban wrote:
I completely agree with no grouping as it will come down to sharing map accesses, which is just another way of trading for endgame access which directly effects the access to gated content.

And more importantly if grouping is allowed all the lame mechanics in PoE would continue to ruin SFL such as;
- Party IIR bonus
- Party Aura whoring
- Party Culling guy
- Party based drop rates adjustments on GGG's side
- Parties facerolling maps with %10 risk of doing same thing solo
etc etc..

Or a guy in the party has a portal gem. Let alone the amount of portal scrolls they save using 1 for a whole group netting more wisdoms for boss runs.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
Here is a list of things that must happen to even remotely make this SFL idea close to reality.

1. No Grouping
a: Removes all RMT when combined with no trading. (Aside from account sales, which are easiest for GGG to trace)
c: Prevents support characters (Aura whores/Cullers) getting free high level map rides. (On top of RMT possibility)

4. No Guild Stash

a: Prevents certain builds from dominating the ladder being able to stack tons of MF.

a: With the removal of any reason to have an MTX, a fee MUST happen to sustain it.

8: More Vendor Recipes to convert currency (now crafting materials) up and down.

All of the above must happen. Drop rate increases are arguable, however welcome, still arguable or not required. Not sure if there are more things that would be required. Group play would 100% have to go, the keyword here is "Self" in Self Found League, having a culler or buddy slay a monster and you get drops and saying you "Self Found" it sounds ridiculous.

I would play this, at least competition would be as fair as it could possibly be!

You sir are a genius. This is exactly the league i am dreaming of. So far i gave GGG around 100 $ which i regret, but for this league i would give 200 without second thought.

This league would have everything, fair competition, no RMT, no party carries, with orb vendor there would be crafting !!!!! and orb drop rate could stay the same.

Holy shit, this could be the game i would play for years and years.

Why would you donate money if you later regret it?

No RMT? Selling accounts for faster progression in a SFL would still be possible so how is there no RMT?
We should also make this realm drop zero items, that way no accounts will be sold for gear but then we'd also have to disable leveling so that accounts cannot be sold for pre-leveled chars. Then, We'd have to disable achievements so that accounts can not be sold with completed achievements.
Because the game was going nice from Open beta, but took turn and for me now is pile of shit with dozens of terrible decisions in last few months. Basicly for me they are destroying their game.

League that Worldbreaker suggest would turn my opinion for 180 degrees.

What i dont get is you people that are against such a league, how does "our" league that would be played by thousands affect you?

Why do you care?

"
We should also make this realm drop zero items, that way no accounts will be sold for gear but then we'd also have to disable leveling so that accounts cannot be sold for pre-leveled chars. Then, We'd have to disable achievements so that accounts can not be sold with completed achievements.

Typical anti-SFL response. The objective is to loot and craft yourself, not be at your cullers beck and call or being carried through content or trading content for content.

If you want trading and grouping, Ambush is where it's at.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

1. No Grouping

4. No Guild Stash

Rule number 3.

I'd go further and suggest that each character made in a SFL have it's own stash tabs not accessible by other characters in the league as well.

=)
Last edited by Temper on Apr 30, 2014, 3:25:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info