GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
iamstryker wrote:
"

Why do you need a league for it?

If you really wanted to know you could

A) Read these very long threads that you already know about and have frequently posted in or

B) Actually listen to the people who have directly answered you numerous times.

Since your so concerned about asking the same question over and over again, here's a much better one....

Why do you care? You wouldn't have to play in it. I don't play in the temporary leagues but you don't see me complaining that they exist. Its amazing how much people complain about something that wouldn't affect them at all.

Don't nail me for this, I stopped caring about the whole movement long ago.
I am just throwing Points around for the sake of throwing points around.

Extra League without Trading = Additional Work balancing and monitoring = Less resources for Main Leagues.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Jul 17, 2014, 8:29:19 AM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

Why do you need a league for it?

If you really wanted to know you could

A) Read these very long threads that you already know about and have frequently posted in or

B) Actually listen to the people who have directly answered you numerous times.

Since your so concerned about asking the same question over and over again, here's a much better one....

Why do you care? You wouldn't have to play in it. I don't play in the temporary leagues but you don't see me complaining that they exist. Its amazing how much people complain about something that wouldn't affect them at all.

Don't nail me for this, I stopped caring about the whole movement long ago.
I am just throwing Points around for the sake of throwing points around.

Extra League without Trading = Additional Work balancing and monitoring = Less resources for Main Leagues.

GGG can implement a league at the drop of a hat.

The recent shitfest forum tantrum re the 1 month showed that.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Except that those leagues use the same game and the same balance that previous leagues used, so of course GGG can implement a new league like that at the drop of a hat. An hypothetical SFL, according to most (not all) of its advocates, need a totally new balance concerning drop rates, crafting, RNG, and all that jazz. So the fact that GGG in fact decided to implement a HC One Month League is totally irrelevant to this case.
IGN : @Morgoth
I demand that GGG remove all hardcore content. I don't play it so of course GGG shouldn't be putting any time into something that I don't enjoy.

Have a nice day.
Standard Forever
the biggest problem is people never reached a common understanding of what a SFL should be.

some are very strict toward what is self found. some are not. and some just want better droprate. to be honest most of them(include me) dont really understand the concept of self found at all.

Last edited by Tom1989 on Jul 17, 2014, 10:17:58 AM
No SFL, never!
Yeah the GGG guy shoulda locked this after his response ended all actual discussion.

If you want to play self-found, just uh....do it...

What this issue is really about is the tailored loot system that was added to d3 got a bunch of people spoiled on how loot works and now those players are here.
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Except that those leagues use the same game and the same balance that previous leagues used, so of course GGG can implement a new league like that at the drop of a hat. An hypothetical SFL, according to most (not all) of its advocates, need a totally new balance concerning drop rates, crafting, RNG, and all that jazz. So the fact that GGG in fact decided to implement a HC One Month League is totally irrelevant to this case.

Nonsense.

The new 4 month leagues each term require time, new content, features, monsters, balance, etc.

Producing a league which merely adds existing mods is done easily. The 1 month was made up of previous mods, they added a HC 1 month by simply enabling the existing HC mode.

Everything that a hypothetical SFL would have already exists and is altered by GGG from time to time. They even told us that they have changed certain orb drops rates on the fly in existing leagues.

No trading exists already as a <25 anti-RMT attempt.
Disallowing pick up exists along with the above.
Disallowed dropping already exists in towns.
Loot allocation already exists.
Instanced loot even exists as seen with quest items.

I don't want a SFL, I wouldn't play one if there was one. There are reasons why I don't think it would be the best option.
But resources and development are not one of those reasons and are not an issue, at all.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 17, 2014, 10:30:30 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
I demand that GGG remove all hardcore content. I don't play it so of course GGG shouldn't be putting any time into something that I don't enjoy.

Have a nice day.

That almost constantly bashed argument "why do you need separate hardcore leagues when you can simply play hardcore in standard league" (or here one of its variant "if you say that you don't enjoy SFL so there is no need to have a SFL because it forces GGG to spent times needlessly, then I ask this game not having hardcore leagues because it's a waste of time to me") is so wrong in the case of PoE. Anywhere in those SFL threads when someone say "you can play SF in other leagues, no need to have your own league" someone say "you can play hardcore in other leagues, no need for hardcore leagues". But the fact is that in PoE, hardcore leagues do exist, and SFL doesn't. So people who want to play hardcore in hardcore leagues are fully allowed to say "I will play hardcore in its own league", because the devs want them to. But SFL'ers are entitled to nothing.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Jul 17, 2014, 10:43:25 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Nonsense.

The new 4 month leagues each term require time, new content, features, monsters, balance, etc.

Producing a league which merely adds existing mods is done easily. The 1 month was made up of previous mods, they added a HC 1 month by simply enabling the existing HC mode.

Everything that a hypothetical SFL would have already exists and is altered by GGG from time to time. They even told us that they have changed certain orb drops rates on the fly in existing leagues.

No trading exists already as a <25 anti-RMT attempt.
Disallowing pick up exists along with the above.
Disallowed dropping already exists in towns.
Loot allocation already exists.
Instanced loot even exists as seen with quest items.

I don't want a SFL, I wouldn't play one if there was one. There are reasons why I don't think it would be the best option.
But resources and development are not one of those reasons and are not an issue, at all.

I'll disagree with your last statement. Yes, all of these items are already in place. They can't be easily added to other zones on the fly, but for argument's sake, let's say they can. Without time spent developing (implementation, testing, balancing, re-testing), drops will either be too high or too low. And all of that development costs resources (time, money, testing hours, and so on). As a company that's putting out a free game, their resources are a lot more limited than we'd sometimes like to believe.

Also, any ideas of "class-specific drops a la Diablo 3" should be thrown out the window. What is a "marauder-specific" rare? Will Anvils be less likely to drop for the ranger, shadow and witch? Does a Scion have an increased chance at ALL drops? Classes only exist to give different starting points on the passive tree and flavor dialogues. (I realize this second line of thinking doesn't pertain to your point, TheAnuhart, but I didn't want to make another post)
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info