self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Jul 16, 2014, 11:57:14 AM
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
nikals wrote:
Solution: Make an identical game to PoE which is offline only and has adjusted drop rates. Sell this new offline-PoE at a fixed price.

Everyone wins.

Especially hackers :D

The hackers have already won. They have already developed a zoom out hack that can kill monsters off screen with AOE skills and incorporated it into bots.

GGG should consider a 'economy free' version as an alternative to the current version, leave it online and gain profit that otherwise eventually ends up in the hands of RMTers.

I wouldn't consider that winning, I don't really care if someone uses zoomhack. I would care if someone were to dupe items or create bogus characters in an editor and use them in online play or using speed or teleport hacks :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
What caboom said is pretty accurate.

I don't mind trading or player interaction. I personally would not play a self-found league.
But what I do want is a more rewarding time with Path of Exile, and at least some risk vs reward. In end-game content there's currently only risk. Rewards are incidental.

But overall, I feel the gameplay alone is not rewarding at all anymore. Although making builds can still be rewarding, it is not part of the core gameplay.

I plan out a build, level it to 80, the build works good or not so good and then I'm done. No more incentive to play once I've seen what my build can do.

The map-grind also feels too random and incidental. I've achieved a high map pool using various techniques and it's just random wether you climb or not. Whatever you do, you'll eventually get a lucky streak and climb.

End-game progression, item and orb drop rate, and the non-existing risk vs reward are currently not rewarding enough, in my opinion. Desync is just icing on the cake, but that's a completely different issue.

However, if the gameplay was more rewarding, I don't think we'd see anyone calling for a SFL-league.
Pants of Textile
Last edited by nikals on Jul 16, 2014, 2:33:34 PM
is 1.2.0 the time that SFL sees the light of day ?

Or the humanity is not ready ?

SFL would fix the RMT problems oh man oh man. Even tho i have some leagcy gear on SC i would insta swtich to fresh permmanent SFL league. So i dont compete with guys that buy exalts or mirrors for $$$ and get BiS gear without any effort and then just e-peen it on global while legit players struggle with much smaller issues like getting links or propper colors on their gear.
IGN : Sir_Big
"
Achilion wrote:

SFL would fix the RMT problems oh man oh man. Even tho i have some leagcy gear on SC i would insta swtich to fresh permmanent SFL league. So i dont compete with guys that buy exalts or mirrors for $$$ and get BiS gear without any effort and then just e-peen it on global while legit players struggle with much smaller issues like getting links or propper colors on their gear.

SFL = Bound to Account.

D3 is that way ------>
"
"
Achilion wrote:

SFL = Bound to Account.

D3 is that way ------>

Lame response. Games change, d3 didn't started with it's current state. PoE also won't end as what it is now.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Last edited by ignarsoll on Jul 17, 2014, 12:46:22 AM
Please refrain from posting antagonistic comments towards others on the forums. Further posts of this nature will be removed and the poster may be placed on probation.
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
"
Achilion wrote:

SFL = Bound to Account.

D3 is that way ------>

Lame response. Games change, d3 didn't started with it's current state. PoE also won't end as what it is now.

Its just fact. Not trading is equal to bound to account items. SFL could just as well be about asking to make items bound to account.

SFL would also face other problems, like not being able to give stuff away you dont need, you could only vendor stuff.

Even worse, its not a good anti RMT measure, people will just buy accounts where bots have farmed levels and gotten certain items and orbs.
"
Even worse, its not a good anti RMT measure, people will just buy accounts where bots have farmed levels and gotten certain items and orbs.

In what realm of madness would going from anything and everything being individually able to be cheaply RMT'd and difficult to trace and remove, where the individual items can move through several legit players, too... to... only being able to RMT a single, large, time consuming, expensive, RNG reliant, easily traceable, non breakable, bulk; be considered not a good anti?

Like, WTF, Dirk?

Again, I don't believe SFL is the answer, but some of the reasons are just absolutely ridiculous.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 17, 2014, 4:43:35 AM
"
"
Achilion wrote:

SFL = Bound to Account.

D3 is that way ------>

Sounds viable enough to redirect SF players to D3,but claiming it's BtA ?,I just gave/traded two Mask of Jerams' and a Tasker and Theo away last night. (Also got another Ring of Royal Grandeur,RnG heh)

Hardly all bound to account.

=)

Last edited by Temper on Jul 17, 2014, 5:08:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info