"If PoE increased droprates, people would instantly leave the game"

People didn't leave the game in closed beta, they left in open beta...
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Temper wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I am unhappy with the drop rate. Ambush is barely up and running, and already I have two decked out level 90 chars (one with Windripper and a 6L Volls). It is still too easy to make serious currency in this game (and I have the trade channel turned off permanently).

Would love to see a "Poverty League" next cycle, where making money would actually be hard.

You could try not trading if you haven't already ?

That makes you a spectator in parties where everyone has way way better stuff than you have. Also not fun.

I have this problem in Standard where my gear is in the top 1%, but not in the top .1% and am left just watching people with mirrored weapons and jewelry and Uber-Atziri gloves kill everything.

Poverty with level playing field would work better for me.

I understand completely,not many things worse than feeling like you aren't putting your share of the work in,even if you are at your best.

=)
"
Diablo is drowning in botted/duped Enigmas (they are cheaper than a single chaos orb on 3rd party websites) yet people still play d2 everyday

Tibia, the second oldest mmo (after ultima), is more than 15 years old. The game has been a shitty botfest for quite some time now. Yes people (mainly botters) still play it but it is only a very small fraction of the playerbase they had in the beginning of the millenium. It is not because a small minority still plays it, that it means the game is good. As in the case with Diablo 2.

So according to you, this game has to turn into a dupe and botfest? Am I reading this right? Is that what you want?
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Apr 23, 2014, 8:54:38 AM
"
People didn't leave the game in closed beta, they left in open beta...

Yes people did leave in closed beta and quite a few left,including some pretty hefty supporters and alpha testers,in some cases whole clans,for varying reasons.

I'm not sure why you believe people only left in open beta ?
I don't trade.
I struggle to survive with what I find.
To me that's the whole point of poe.
Complaining that it is impossible to get exactly what you want in a survival themed game is so absurd to me.

Just because you want something and don't have it doesn't mean this game is bad.
It means this isn't the game for you.
There are tons of games out there where you can easily craft or find exactly what you want.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
I think Ambush league pretty much proves that people do not leave the game "instantly" just because you got increased drop rates.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
99% forum post at D3 = rage xD
idk how can ppls farming same map (rifts) at d3 every day 10h dat can be boring lol

i don't think people will leave if increased drop rates
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Apr 23, 2014, 9:10:55 AM
To be fair I left ambush for standard. Got tired of having to drop stuff all over again and be eternally poor. As a 95% self found player the loss of iiq was a big blow and drop boxes don't really make up for it other than cartograpers and have no fear they're nerfing them into the ground after ambush. I did manage to get the league specific uniques and I was out. Of course now there is talk they're gonna make the quivers not legacy and drop anyway after because who needs consistency. 1 month wasted on yet another temp league I didnt really want to play anyway if not for legacy items.

P.s. that guy who wants a poverty league he sounds to me he wants sfl
"
free_at_last wrote:

As i wrote in another thread i don´t think, GGG should not take to much notice of this scrounger-players which are just greedy for themselves but don´t want to support the game with a single fee.

Overall this would mean: No money for GGG = no game for f2p-scroungers.

Spare me that self-righteous BS attitude. I've seen it touted here before, and it sickens me; what are you... 12?! What EXACT part of Free-to-Play do you not comprehend??

It's correct; I don't have my forumprofile plastered with supporter tags ---->

but I have played on and off since CB, and supported PoE with the equivalent of what a new, boxed PC game would cost around here, which is around 80-90 US$. And guess what, I wouldn't mind supporting more, except...

I have 0 (ZERO) interest in trading.
Even though I might do it at some point to obtain a few select items I'd really love to have.
I have 0 (ZILCH) interest in trading.
Which means I actually use orbs for the inherent purpose, "crafting". Which means spending orbs, not "currency" (or whut?) on a complete RNG crapshoot. I'm aware I'm playing against the intended purpose of orbs (to be a currency instead of a material); at least this sentiment is shared by a large majority of players (the mantra being: Hoard, do not use!); but so be it because...
I have 0 (NADA) interest in trading.
That's why I play solo, self-found, fighting monsters and RNG every feckin step. Every level gained is a fight against gearwalls and RNG and shitty lottery "crafting" (which really amounts to emptying your stash on the ground and Alt+F4). No craft involved, at all. Almost every single character have struggled with meeting gearchecks at levels 40-60, progress is a slog against odds strongly against me.

And I still have no interest in trading. But as is; I might burn out at some point because I bought into the idea of an ARPG, but got glorified Monopoly. A slight increase (we're talking fractions here!) of orb droprates would be an immense help combined with a slight decrease (again: FRACTIONS) of the RNG in crafting could keep me interested though. These are miniscule adjustments, not Shavs or Soultaker Golden Showers.
That would mean something for me, to continue playing and see some actual progress, however slow, but everytime it gets a mention there's a loud minority shouting about Uniques showering from the sky and "want everything for free" and how that's not hardcore etc...

You know what, here's a newsflash, sunshine: Nuthin hardcore about tradechat. None. Buying your way to the top is not considered hardcore, not in videogames, not IRL.
Fighting the odds and coming out on top, that is hardcore.

IANAE (I Am Not An Economist) disclaimer:

And if droprates for orbs across the board were raised say 0.2-0.5 %, (and it was actually noticeable; I mean the difference is, what; one more exalt per 500 hours in game, so I'd, like, have 4 instead of 3) it would probably correspond to a 20-50 % increase in prices anyway, because inflation. Also the reason why I'm not superrich today, even though my income has risen quite a bit since the '90s... at least RNG in '08 didn't take my house ;-)
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
"
mucker wrote:
I don't trade.
I struggle to survive with what I find.
To me that's the whole point of poe.
Complaining that it is impossible to get exactly what you want in a survival themed game is so absurd to me.

Just because you want something and don't have it doesn't mean this game is bad.
It means this isn't the game for you.
There are tons of games out there where you can easily craft or find exactly what you want.

Finally some real player, i shake your hand mate

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info