It's official, devs are satisfied with the overall state of the game

dat victim complex
anything is everything
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Desync:... GGG does not know how to fix it
Seems that way. But that's not surprising, because in any kind of technical sense, neither do I. (I have some ideas but I wouldn't call that knowing. More like guessing.)
"
Crackmonster wrote:
and it will not change.
This is just kind of bullshit. There's a big difference between "We want to do something, we just don't know how we're going to do it at the moment" and "We do not want to do anything." Desync is something which might change. The most favorable way to interpret your comment is that you're a betting man and you've made a somewhat dubious call well in advance. So I guess my response should be: how much do you want to bet?
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Drop rates: Not a word. The devs must be satisfied.
In terms of Ambush, so am I.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 22, 2014, 8:47:25 AM
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:

Exactly, it's the difference between jobcreators and the lower classes of society in real life. [Removed by Support]

Depending on the humor and heritage of the Support guy who sees this, it could go from a standard RBS to a permaban from the forums. We'll see :D

Eh, we'll see. I thought it was funny. That's all that matters.
Besides, if I can't share my opinion here, there's plenty of other places that don't have as much censorship as this place. So I can say my opinion in much more detail. :)

good, so go over there and say it. nobody cares here.
eww
IGN: Xiandrii
Timezone: London, GMT
"
Reizoko wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
stormyknight wrote:

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Implying that anyone ever said the game is perfect.

Also, fixing this for you:

"
is it a good game? yes.
is it as good as it can be? fuck no.
why don't we make it the game johnKeys wants it to be? because we don't care!
mission accomplished.

Saying they don't care about the game and are in for the money is pretty insulting in my opinion. I doubt Chris would have spent all his savings if all he wanted was to make money. The core members of GGG certainly care a lot about the game.

On topic:

I really wish they would change their stance on desync. In my opinion it is unacceptable to accept desync in favor of 'hardcore' game mechanics.

What I don't get is that the hardcore mechanics that they absolutely must have are the very same mechanics that cause desync, then they treat desync as an inevitability that you should just shrug off and deal with. That reeks of laziness, IMO, and puts the blame on the player for not doing a less desync prone build, in a game whpith skills like Cyclone and Whirling blades. So what are those skills for? Filler?

Forget the absolutely massive layers of RNG, inefficient trade where according to the devs, the economy is a great part of the experience and the fact that third parties create solutions to problems the devs should have fixed in the first place (xyz and other shop indexers of its ilk). It seems GGG is good at one thing: Contradicting itself.
As someone who played since closed beta I think the game is currently the best it's ever been. Yes desync is still there but I'd say it's less than it used to be, the drops have improved since then and with strongboxes you can even get high level maps. Though I'm concerned about the last one after reading the developer manifesto.

To be honest I personally believe the game will survive and thrive (more or less, it's not going to reach WoW level numbers but it's not targeting the masses either) especially when the only alternative is a game with 'four different ways to punch people'.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I play mobas frequently and you get to react in PvP situations in a splitsecond, gameplay is vastly superior and allows for far superior reactions than PoE, in fact you can react so fast that latency is something you barely ever notice unless there is a problem with your connection, even in PvP situations, whereas in PoE the game can't even handle PvE properly.

Well, a 'split second' is also something like 300 ms. Have you actually played a moba at 300 ms? It's unplayable. Everything above 100 ms is a noticable delay and will put you at a serious disadvantage compared to someone with say 30 ms. It would feel terrible in PoE, which is a much faster game anyway.

Are you serious about PoE being faster?

There is literally no moment in PoE including unerfed invade flameblasts that require reflexes as quick as Pro level players dodging spells

Proof; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmm5n86MNcc

Besides, i people can stack over 10,000 movement speed on Rammus and speed through minions without desynching.

Proof;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49UtIRmLjlE

Mobas are much faster than PoE. You only think PoE is faster because it maintains that illusion by having no cooldowns.
Last edited by xXx_EliteHardcorePro_xXx on Apr 22, 2014, 9:12:26 AM
"
Zanixx wrote:
I like the fact the OP wrote the thread thinking it would be supported but infact, has found more people are satisfied with the game than they originally realised.

4 pages on 1 thread is surely enough to represent the entire PoE demographic :D

Really? I got too much removed by support - and to be honest here: I feel that the vast majority of the time that "removed by support" message was, in fact, something said AGAINST GGG. So really: what's left over is often a "atta boy GGG" which makes it safe to make your statement.

Personally speaking: I'm not playing POE right now. I likely will never touch it again. I sit and wait for word on drop/craft rates that favor the player. Until GGG decides to better reward my time I won't better reward their coffers.... nor will I continue the trap that is "make a new character every 4 months." Especially with the current platform/game engine they have the forces my playstyle. Infinite builds? LOLyarite. I wish. I would love to play even 10% of the builds I've designed (fuck: even 1% of the builds I've made I would be happy if I actually was able to play them on this terrible game engine)... but because of a terrible game engine I can't.

I'll happily continue to play my D3:ROS every night - continuing to play a game with an amazing engine - happily swap specs on my character to spice up how I play or switch over to any other level 70 character I have (I have all of them now) if I feel some need to play the game differently... and most importantly: I'll have fun with a game that actually caters RNG to the player. See? GGG has forgotten that this game is for the players. They are far too egotistical to care and are way far gone now. You guys can keep the game and them. White knight them to the games grave. It's actually too late now - 1st impression time is waaaay over. Honeymoon phase: nearly complete too.

Can't wait to see the next year or two while I'll still be over here happily playing the better game. ;)
Last edited by Isbox1 on Apr 22, 2014, 9:52:16 AM
"
free_at_last wrote:

It´s noticable that about 95% of this ´´make it easier and more loot´´-posts are from people which are not supporters.
The kind of people who just want more, more, more whithout giving anything.
According to the motto ´´All for free and the best for me´´.

I had to chuckle. But it is a fair observation.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
free_at_last wrote:

It´s noticable that about 95% of this ´´make it easier and more loot´´-posts are from people which are not supporters.
The kind of people who just want more, more, more whithout giving anything.
According to the motto ´´All for free and the best for me´´.

Hopefully GGG don´t take care for this F2P-scroungers which want the game to be as easy as ´´THE BAD GAME´´. And if they would do so, it would just take some time for the supporters to leave. And with them the money will leave the game.
We don´t support this game because we want it to be easy - we support GGG because we want a hard game.

Now i´m an asshole and say it clearly:
Players which are not supporters are just spacing material for the supporting players.

It's also noticeable that most of supporters defend even the most absurd things in PoE, and some of the well-known guys defend every single bad thing that's said about PoE.

"Harder game" is subjective.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info