It's official, devs are satisfied with the overall state of the game

With the return of the development manifesto some things become clear, unless they will be added later.

Desync: It seems desync is here to stay as expected and heralded by those with clarity. Still we hear faulty arguments like mobas have input lag which would apparently make them useless for sync purposes, whereas it is RTS games that have that and the whole sentence is misleading. Sorry but i know a bad excuse when i hear one, and that is one. I play mobas frequently and you get to react in PvP situations in a splitsecond, gameplay is vastly superior and allows for far superior reactions than PoE, in fact you can react so fast that latency is something you barely ever notice unless there is a problem with your connection, even in PvP situations, whereas in PoE the game can't even handle PvE properly. I am not saying GGG should copy mobas, i'm just tired of excuses and wanted to point out one. GGG does not know how to fix it and it will not change.

Drop rates: Not a word. The devs must be satisfied.

Making the game appealing to new players: Baby steps mentioned, meaning 95% of the game will remain the same. This is symbolic to the state of PoE. It will not change much beyond what it is now, except new content will be added akin to the rest, the experience will not change.

Conclusion: Those of us who hoped for PoE to conqour the world as the greatest ARPG ever must become realistic. PoE is still an excellent game with great depth of characterization unmatched in any other modern ARPG, but it will never be a welcoming experience that will allow a player such as myself to use all my hours here. I will play here in periods, then play other games while i wait for the true legacy ARPG to arise and conquer the world.

Sad panda :/
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
they just want the game to appeal to a very small playerbase....
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
Crackmonster wrote:
it will never be a welcoming experience that will allow a player such as myself to use all my hours here. I will play here in periods, then play other games

Oh dear god no! it will never be the game that makes all other games obsolete!! We might as well all seppuku now and get it over with.
"Did the earth move for you, baby? Probably, you hit the ground quite hard."
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSlickMachine
I have yet to find a decent item, or i must mention that rise of the Phoenix drop doing piety after ~1000 hours. Drop rates are worse then diablo3, and then i thought it was TERRIBLE on diablo, dont get me wrong once u spend 6 hours a day trading you get geared eventually, but really, does it need to be that way? I'd like to find someting myself once in a while myself.
let's put ourselves in GGG's shoes for one second:

the game has won some awards, has thousands of active players, and a steady income from MTX and supporter packs.
sure, some annoying guys on the forum (like johnKeys. why didn't we ban that bastard yet?) complain a lot about the technical state of the game, the RNG, the emphasis on trade and whatnot - but we don't care.
besides, the fanboys are doing a great job taking care of those who complain anyway.

game made us rich, and fulfilled all the goals we set ourselves.

is it a good game? yes.
is it as good as it can be? fuck no.
why don't we make it as good as it can be? because we don't care!
mission accomplished.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 22, 2014, 4:48:13 AM
Then of course it's safe to assume the level of success they've had with the game will produce it's own inertia, as in - they'll naturally become a little more hesitant to tinker with a working formula in fear of making things worse.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I play mobas frequently and you get to react in PvP situations in a splitsecond, gameplay is vastly superior and allows for far superior reactions than PoE, in fact you can react so fast that latency is something you barely ever notice unless there is a problem with your connection, even in PvP situations, whereas in PoE the game can't even handle PvE properly.

Well, a 'split second' is also something like 300 ms. Have you actually played a moba at 300 ms? It's unplayable. Everything above 100 ms is a noticable delay and will put you at a serious disadvantage compared to someone with say 30 ms. It would feel terrible in PoE, which is a much faster game anyway.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I do wonder why some people play a game they clearly dont like :S

This isnt a dig at you...but perhaps play something you are happy with :(
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
johnKeys wrote:
let's put ourselves in GGG's shoes for one second:

the game has won some awards, has thousands of active players, and a steady income from MTX and supporter packs.
sure, some annoying guys on the forum (like johnKeys. why didn't we ban that bastard yet?) complain a lot about the technical state of the game, the RNG, the emphasis on trade and whatnot - but we don't care.
besides, the fanboys are doing a great job taking care of those who complain anyway.

game made us rich, and fulfilled all the goals we set ourselves.

is it a good game? yes.
is it as good as it can be? fuck no.
why don't we make it as good as it can be? because we don't care!
mission accomplished.

You're measuring the quality of the game with your own, very personal criteria. That's okay, but if you do this you're in for quite some disappointment. I certainly don't know any game that 100% fits my criteria, but I also don't expect that. I'm humble and satisfied with 80% :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Game seems great to me, keep up the good work GGG !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info