[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 22, 2014, 7:31:14 AM
really glad OP has no control over the direction of the game
anything is everything
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 22, 2014, 7:31:45 AM
"
Temper wrote:
Feeling defensive about something I said ?

I play solo self found as well and I'm fine with the drop rate.......

Any change/tweak/fix I've supported benefits the community as a whole.You'll be pressed to find a thread started by myself calling for broad stroke changes or tailoring the game just for my handsome self.

Are you suggesting,as Stormyknight is,that I have started threads like you describe or even threatened GGG with my toys or whined for more ?

Though you could be right,I have whined for a more fun,more robust,more satisfying and more optimizable game for everyone and I've posted in the appropriate threads with opinion,some fact and even some suggestions for almost two years and before that my game clans leader did the posting as he was our alpha tester.

[Removed by Support]

=)

Ah no, not at all man. You just happened to have a quote to help make my point. It wasn't aimed at you, just a counter to the whole 'white knights vs haters' debate that seems to be coming up a lot recently.

I like to think the same of myself. I defend what I like, criticise what I don't and hopefully make a few useful suggestions along the way.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 22, 2014, 7:32:11 AM
I'm part of those people that, while I like the game overall, there are several things that makes me want to play less and less, there are too much frustration-centric mechanics to my taste when you reach the endgame and you play it for serveral weeks. Anyway...

"
Crackmonster wrote:
Desync: It seems desync is here to stay as expected and heralded by those with clarity. Still we hear faulty arguments like mobas have input lag which would apparently make them useless for sync purposes, whereas it is RTS games that have that and the whole sentence is misleading. Sorry but i know a bad excuse when i hear one, and that is one. I play mobas frequently and you get to react in PvP situations in a splitsecond, gameplay is vastly superior and allows for far superior reactions than PoE, in fact you can react so fast that latency is something you barely ever notice unless there is a problem with your connection, even in PvP situations, whereas in PoE the game can't even handle PvE properly. I am not saying GGG should copy mobas, i'm just tired of excuses and wanted to point out one. GGG does not know how to fix it and it will not change.

While I think the worst thing this game has is that terrifying desync, I understand the reasons behind it (I'm a developer too), so I'm aware on the problems GGG have. Anyway, I'm still waiting to see if they can aleviate it, because sometimes, dying at higher levels by it is totally bullshit.

"
Crackmonster wrote:
Drop rates: Not a word. The devs must be satisfied.

There are still more manifestos to come out. Its true that the last time when Chris did it, like 1 year ago, I missed some updates and new posts, they abandoned that Development Manifesto subforum. But I think this time will be different, and we will have some thoughts about it.

"
Crackmonster wrote:
Making the game appealing to new players: Baby steps mentioned, meaning 95% of the game will remain the same. This is symbolic to the state of PoE. It will not change much beyond what it is now, except new content will be added akin to the rest, the experience will not change.

For me, thats a good thing. I don't care about the difficult of the game, I think is one of the good things of PoE. Some balance changes are needed here and there, specially with certain skills not being as good as others, but making the game a bit easier to understand at the start to hook new players is good. Maybe your first character will be a shit when you reach maps, but thats part of discovering the mechanics of the game.
♠RaGoN♦
Last edited by RaGoNXIII on Apr 22, 2014, 7:27:57 AM
"
Zanixx wrote:

Ah no, not at all man. You just happened to have a quote to help make my point. It wasn't aimed at you, just a counter to the whole 'white knights vs haters' debate that seems to be coming up a lot recently.

I like to think the same of myself. I defend what I like, criticise what I don't and hopefully make a few useful suggestions along the way.

Yup,I've given GGG credit where credit is due as well.

Truth be told,I wouldn't even considered posting in this thread if my name wasn't mentioned. lol

=)
I like the fact the OP wrote the thread thinking it would be supported but infact, has found more people are satisfied with the game than they originally realised.

4 pages on 1 thread is surely enough to represent the entire PoE demographic :D
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
stormyknight wrote:
Game seems great to me, keep up the good work GGG !

THIS SO MUCH!!!
The forums is the vocal minority on both sides,those who defend the game,and those who don't.Nobody can be sure about if the majority like the game or not,if they leave it or not.From my personal experience,from my real life friends who also introduced me into the game,they mostly played through merciless,maybe even a few maps and then quit.Thats totally fine.If they have a steady flow of new players playing up to maps,or merciless and then leave,the game can survive and be profitable,and can have the minority that wants to level past 90 etc.
The low droprates etc. are part of their plan to keep the game alive long enough.From my personal experience and MY PERSONAL OPINION(which doesnt say much:P)i beleive this is the wrong way,since most ppl generally do quit before level 90.With better drop rates,and smoother,linear progression with less trading,i beleive more ppl would be motivated to play up to level 90 or 100.
For me the best way to keep the game alive for years to come,would be PvP.It is what essentialy kept Diablo alive.This of course needs some serious balancing,but with better drop rates,more ppl would be competitive and interested in it.Right now,everyone who tries PvP is just getting one shot instantly,and becomes disapointed and leave.

GGG made the game they want(of course they have compromised a hell whole lot from time to time,eg the permanent loot),and the way i see it,they aim for harcore;s to play it for years,and meanwhile having a stead flow of players going on and off.It is just my personal opinion that with better loot and less focus on trading,and with huge focus on PvP,whole lot more ppl will be motivated to play longer.Of course thats my opinion and nothing more.Generally the geam is great for what it is.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
majesw wrote:

Ugh don't give people this advice...
In D3 RoS you wait for legendaries to drop. This happens once every 1-2 hours and generally they are trash. That's it. There's nothing else. At least in PoE you can drop orbs and rares have meaning.

Explain why I still have 5 rares equipped after 110 paragons in solo play.

Rares have a meaning, however, certain legendary items are BiS of course, all you need to do is think out of the box.
Legendary items in D3 are not in the same pool as unique items in PoE, hence the different names of them.
"You can drop orbs", and then use them to buy things as that is the best way to get something, unless the item doesn't exist, then one starts gambling (crafting).

Most of the legendary drops in D3 serve as crafting materials, and that's fine as it is. Since I've put ~90 MF gear on me, I tend to drop legendary items a lot more often than once in every 1-2 hours, somewhere around once in 30mins.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info