It's official, devs are satisfied with the overall state of the game

Several players hide their tags because it ends up in "Wasted money for GGG" + probations.

JoannaDark is a double or triple gold supporter SaltyChipmunk is also a triple gold supporter.

Look at the feedback thread about wasted money even a Diamond supporter considers his money spend a waste.

If this game was not skewed towards elitists with the trading system and low drop rates on the mid grade gear and unique items NEEDED for builds, then maybe they could retain more of a player base.

Making this game for elitist is going to cost them in the long run. When you hit that brick wall and am spend more time trying to trade crap to get a Rise of the Phoenix, and a week later you only have 1 of 3 exalted orbs needed... who is going to spend another 2 weeks (3 week of 16 in the 4 month league) farming Piety merc just to get that 1 item that is NEEDED to go RF. It kills the causal player base... the ones with jobs that can spend real money in the store.

You are not doing it right... play mooore! Learn to flip items. Rf is not meant for you to play then.... yep elitists.

Back in the days of better drop rates this game was a lot more fun.
Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Apr 22, 2014, 10:41:00 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Drop rates: Not a word. The devs must be satisfied.

Thank god, i dont want this to turn into D3. Drops rates r perfect, the market is perfect.
IGN: Ziggro
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
Zanixx wrote:
I like the fact the OP wrote the thread thinking it would be supported but infact, has found more people are satisfied with the game than they originally realised.

4 pages on 1 thread is surely enough to represent the entire PoE demographic :D

Really? I got too much removed by support - and to be honest here: I feel that the vast majority of the time that "removed by support" message was, in fact, something said AGAINST GGG. So really: what's left over is often a "atta boy GGG" which makes it safe to make your statement.

Personally speaking: I'm not playing POE right now. I likely will never touch it again. I sit and wait for word on drop/craft rates that favor the player. Until GGG decides to better reward my time I won't better reward their coffers.... nor will I continue the trap that is "make a new character every 4 months." Especially with the current platform/game engine they have the forces my playstyle. Infinite builds? LOLyarite. I wish. I would love to play even 10% of the builds I've designed (fuck: even 1% of the builds I've made I would be happy if I actually was able to play them on this terrible game engine)... but because of a terrible game engine I can't.

I'll happily continue to play my D3:ROS every night - continuing to play a game with an amazing engine - happily swap specs on my character to spice up how I play or switch over to any other level 70 character I have (I have all of them now) if I feel some need to play the game differently... and most importantly: I'll have fun with a game that actually caters RNG to the player. See? GGG has forgotten that this game is for the players. They are far too egotistical to care and are way far gone now. You guys can keep the game and them. White knight them to the games grave. It's actually too late now - 1st impression time is waaaay over. Honeymoon phase: nearly complete too.

Can't wait to see the next year or two while I'll still be over here happily playing the better game. ;)

I can sincerely say I lol'd at your post. Don't get me wrong, I think its great that you have found a game you enjoy in D3 and have decided not to play a game you don't enjoy, Poe. That makes sense. But you write as if you speak for most the players... which you do not. Instead, you have just written a load of contrived rubbish and worded it as if everyone supports your reasoning... which we do not :)
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
If this game was not skewed towards elitists with the trading system and low drop rates on the mid grade gear and unique items NEEDED for builds, then maybe they could retain more of a player base.

Making this game for elitist is going to cost them in the long run. When you hit that brick wall and am spend more time trying to trade crap to get a Rise of the Phoenix, and a week later you only have 1 of 3 exalted orbs needed... who is going to spend another 2 weeks (3 week of 16 in the 4 month league) farming Piety merc just to get that 1 item that is NEEDED to go RF. It kills the causal player base... the ones with jobs that can spend real money in the store.

You are not doing it right... play mooore! Learn to flip items. Rf is not meant for you to play then.... yep elitists.

RF build is kind of weird one, because the skill works only with one specific item.
You know that from the beginning and still you try to play with that build when you dont have the means to acquire that said item? Guess what? I am trying to obtain it too, but in the mean time i am playing something completely different and enjoying it without handicapping myself.
What i am trying to say, is that your example with RF is flawed, because its a result from
a bad planning instead of bad 'something' else
Anyone blaming the drop rates doesn't understand anything about action rpgs.

What if they buff the drop rates?

1. Newbs will get good gear without much effort (and they'll still be newbs because they won't need to improve their skills to perform since their gear will just carry their incompetence).

2. Elite players will quit because they'll achieve BIS gear in no time and have nothing else to achieve.

Fact is no matter what the drop rates are, you will always want that next top gear.

Once everyone has rares with 6 top tiers mods they will want rares with 6 perfect top tier 1 mods.

The only drop rate they need to buff is midnight fragments because after 100+ corrupted areas i have yet to find one and id like to finally attempt the new content that was released almost 2 months ago.
Last edited by Krayken on Apr 22, 2014, 11:00:26 AM
"
free_at_last wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
We need more haters in here to counter the whiteknights :D Balance in all things.

Nothing is as easy as that ;)

It´s noticable that about 95% of this ´´make it easier and more loot´´-posts are from people which are not supporters.
The kind of people who just want more, more, more whithout giving anything.
According to the motto ´´All for free and the best for me´´.

Hopefully GGG don´t take care for this F2P-scroungers which want the game to be as easy as ´´THE BAD GAME´´. And if they would do so, it would just take some time for the supporters to leave. And with them the money will leave the game.
We don´t support this game because we want it to be easy - we support GGG because we want a hard game.

Now i´m an asshole and say it clearly:
Players which are not supporters are just spacing material for the supporting players.

And the ones who buy stashes are not suporters?

Ahh forgot they need a forum title?
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/076/7/0/trafalgar_law___room__by_niklaswirths-d5ycuxx.jpg
The game became boring. I will wait for really new content, Atziri expansion only had vaal gems as a different thing.
IGN: Fenix_de_fogo_e_gelo, Periguetescion, Ravvengar or Powerangger
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/379503
"
Krayken wrote:

1. Newbs will get good gear without much effort (and they'll still be newbs because they won't need to improve their skills to perform since their gear will just carry their incompetence). 2. Elite players will quit because they'll achieve BIS gear in no time and have nothing else to achieve.

Fact is no matter what the drop rates are, you will always want that next top gear.

Once everyone has rares with 6 top tiers mods they will want rares with 6 perfect top tier 1 mods.

The only drop rate they need to buff is midnight fragments because after 100+ corrupted areas i have yet to find one and id like to finally attempt the new content that was released almost 2 months ago.

I had "best" items in D2 - in fact every time I remade my accounts over the 10 years I played the game the drop rates were set at such a rate that I was able to SELF FIND every single time to "best" gear... not best rolled/best in slot - however BEST uniques anyways. (For example: if Koams were to roll anywhere from 300>500 health - I would be finding a Koams with 350 health)

D2 had a great balance in allowing player access to loot - but the game remained completely replayable just like POE would be cracking open the loot/craft window.

To me the only thing that having the craft/drop rates so bare boned minimum proves is: GGG is frightened. They are afraid their game lacks end game credibility. They know this actually. If you can't play the game enjoyably in full BIS to the last stat gear for years then your game itself is the issue and not the gear/drop rates. Think about it. Now I'm not talking "league of legends" over 30 mins you get to buy a BIS item of your choosing from an NPC - far from it. But a REASONABLE rate of return for time played closer to the D2 model is something that for sure needs attention here.

D3 gives loot out like candy at a parade. This is also NOT what I am looking for. That being said: I will be playing D3 2 years from now guaranteed. The end game systems they currently have are enjoyable and replayable. And I actually get loot that is fun and even if I never have BIS I will still have methods in game to be able to improve my character constantly. Even if I get tired of 1 character I can pick up another one - or spec into fire instead of ice... for example.

The loot in POE is terrible. Combine that with the game engine and lack of end game. Trading and having all your drops/loot based on the fact trading is the "go to" in the game... These are major issues that need major attention... making other games on the market a massive joy to play over POE. This is also not just my opinion. Reading these forums since Open Beta can attest that these are list items that the vast majority of players leaving have advised GGG to deaf and egotistical ears.
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:

1. Newbs will get good gear without much effort (and they'll still be newbs because they won't need to improve their skills to perform since their gear will just carry their incompetence). 2. Elite players will quit because they'll achieve BIS gear in no time and have nothing else to achieve.

I had "best" items in D2 - in fact every time I remade my accounts over the 10 years I played the game the drop rates were set at such a rate that I was able to SELF FIND every single time to "best" gear... not best rolled/best in slot - however BEST uniques anyways. (For example: if Koams were to roll anywhere from 300>500 health - I would be finding a Koams with 350 health)

D2 had a great balance in allowing player access to loot - but the game remained completely replayable just like POE would be cracking open the loot/craft window.

To me the only thing that having the craft/drop rates so bare boned minimum proves is: GGG is frightened. They are afraid their game lacks end game credibility. They know this actually. If you can't play the game enjoyably in full BIS to the last stat gear for years then your game itself is the issue and not the gear/drop rates. Think about it. Now I'm not talking "league of legends" over 30 mins you get to buy a BIS item of your choosing from an NPC - far from it. But a REASONABLE rate of return for time played closer to the D2 model is something that for sure needs attention here.

D3 gives loot out like candy at a parade. This is also NOT what I am looking for. That being said: I will be playing D3 2 years from now guaranteed. The end game systems they currently have are enjoyable and replayable. And I actually get loot that is fun and even if I never have BIS I will still have methods in game to be able to improve my character constantly. Even if I get tired of 1 character I can pick up another one - or spec into fire instead of ice... for example.

The loot in POE is terrible. Combine that with the game engine and lack of end game. Trading and having all your drops/loot based on the fact trading is the "go to" in the game... These are major issues that need major attention... making other games on the market a massive joy to play over POE. This is also not just my opinion. Reading these forums since Open Beta can attest that these are list items that the vast majority of players leaving have advised GGG to deaf and egotistical ears.

ROFL d2 had such a good item balance that the economy was based on massively duped items (high runes and stones of jordan). I played d2 for 4 years and only found 3 high runes total. No one would be running around with op runewords like enigma, grief, infinity, botd if that wasn't for the duping orgy that was diablo 2.

Drop rates for the very top uniques in d2 wasn't any better than it is in POE. Pretty sure that the drop rate for crown of ages and death cleaver (i found a couple of each in 4 years) are comparable to the ones of Soul Taker and Kaom's heart. Not to mention that d2 rares were almost all crap.

In poe i find an item worth 5-10 exalts every week (just yesterday i found a 525 dps 2h axe that i sold for 10 exalts). The drop rates are fine as they are.
Last edited by Krayken on Apr 22, 2014, 11:10:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info