Poll: Do you want Invasion bosses added to the base game (when Invasion ends)?

"
dealer13 wrote:
"
JohnWeps wrote:
In my opinion invasion breaks the immersion too much. I understand it's purpose as a challenge in the 4 month league, but having it in all future game instances will make it confusing for new players and awkward when you're just trying to experience the story. This is supposed to be an RPG after all.

PS: no problem with it being added as a map mod or something.

i dont understand people who "immerse" themselves into games in the first place but rpgs and arpgs are different things in this case.

experience story? what story? poe has story? where???

the story is pretty good.
Honestly, no not really. Unless it's just a map mod or something.

But I can't imagine they would feel great about designing a billion new "bosses" just to flush them all down the toilet.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Sure, just like they did with all previous league exclusives. When the beta leagues end, those new features will have been thoroughly tested and iterated upon so they can be implemented in the core leagues in a balanced manner.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Assuming that Corrupted areas are here to stay, there will always be some of these, right? But as random encounters? I suspect GGG is cognizant that the may have gone too far with Invasion (even Coke admitted they screwed up with New Coke), and I doubt we'll see a general transfer into the core game leagues. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
YES!
LET THEM SUFFER LIKE WE SUFFERED!
Hey, nothing like a cool, unexpected unique when you're farming a zone. There's a lot like a oneshot boss in every zone though. And that's boring.

Seriously, if they do implement Invaders, make it not a 100% chance... And make sure the worst case scenario for one spawning is "I have time to notice and gtfo." I don't want to be making my way up the Sceptre of God to be oneshot by a construct.
Why would they add the thing that pretty much killed this HC season

Maybe if they make them rarer and give them decent loot
Invasion bosses in standard game?

Not in this form, no.

They should be much more rare, MUCH more rare and much more rewarding to kill.

You should encounter them once-twice per week, if you play 2-3 hrs on average.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
Whilst I like the bosses and encounters, some of them are just way too overtuned currently. They make the Act bosses look pathetic. for example, an encounter with Cintiq(think Weaver/Hybrid Widow on crack) in the Merciless Caverns before Vaal, with the projectile weakness skeletal archers. My friend in our two man party died in a matter of seconds. After surviving that, Vaal was a relief. I haven't played high level maps (with deadly mods) yet, but can only imagine how crazy things may get with certain invaders...

I hope they will be made like the rogue Exiles, a short and fast paced fight once in awhile. A decrease in their hp pool and damage for the higher hitting ones to avoid 1-shot mechanics, but still keep you on your toes whilst fighting them. A few guaranteed rares for the effort of engaging and killing an invader would be nice too, so you won't just Quicksilver away upon encountering them (it's all about the risk vs reward).
Last edited by Spazmatism on Apr 20, 2014, 6:40:21 AM
newp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info