Poll: Do you want Invasion bosses added to the base game (when Invasion ends)?

It would work the same way as it does on the Invasion league but the chance of them to spawn would be lower.

Vote here: http://strawpoll.me/1539962
Duh. All things from 4 month leagues have ended up in SC and HC after they ended.
"
Duh. All things from 4 month leagues have ended up in SC and HC after they ended.

Oh really? Remember onslaught?

But even if we ignored onslaught, wanting and being forced to accept something are two completely different things.
Last edited by Idioticus on Apr 20, 2014, 3:48:43 AM
i'd rather not have invasion in the normal game
I want even more the random mob invasion included into the base game. :)
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Apr 20, 2014, 4:52:21 AM
Must get into the core game. And even if they don't exist in every instance, they need to be really common. If they are rare like rogue exiles then it will not be fun.
In my opinion invasion breaks the immersion too much. I understand it's purpose as a challenge in the 4 month league, but having it in all future game instances will make it confusing for new players and awkward when you're just trying to experience the story. This is supposed to be an RPG after all.

PS: no problem with it being added as a map mod or something.
Last edited by JohnWeps on Apr 20, 2014, 5:01:38 AM
"
JohnWeps wrote:
In my opinion invasion breaks the immersion too much. I understand it's purpose as a challenge in the 4 month league, but having it in all future game instances will make it confusing for new players and awkward when you're just trying to experience the story. This is supposed to be an RPG after all.

If flavor of the instance is really a concern (fuck me I guess for only ever playing normal on ten-thousand alts and never making it to maps or higher difficulties), then one could rather consider throwing invasions into the game at Cruel difficulty and after.

I'd rather like to be surprised by nasty mob combinations early on.
"
JohnWeps wrote:

i dont understand people who "immerse" themselves into games in the first place but rpgs and arpgs are different things in this case.

experience story? what story? poe has story? where???
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
"
dealer13 wrote:
"
JohnWeps wrote:

i dont understand people who "immerse" themselves into games in the first place but rpgs and arpgs are different things in this case.

experience story? what story? poe has story? where???

Invasion bosses break the lore, YES! They just dont fit into the regular game. Even worse: it destroys the game's consistency. Also invasion bosses make regular bosses look lame. They are just overpowerd/overtuned monsters which can come straight out of one of the latest editions of Dragon Ball Z.

What you could do is make some kind of optional tournament where the player can fight invasion bosses in the arena of Sarn.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Apr 20, 2014, 5:20:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info