What animal pet would you like to see added?

Okay, to really get sideways, here's a question - what animal would you like to see added to the list of creatures available from the shop? I mean, I guess if you can have obscure New Zealand frogs in there than anything goes, right?

I was recently gifted 1000 points and spent most of it on much needed storage tabs and a few minor add-ons to make it easier to see my character in melee situations (am I the only one who sometimes loses track of where they are in the midst of a major battle?) and with what was left over I decided to give myself a little pet. I was initially going to grab the fiery fox, but being an animal lover and all I couldn't get past the notion that the creature looks like some potential serial killer has poured gasoline over it and set it on fire for amusement's sake. Not a comforting thought, no matter how nonchalant the creature seems to be about the situation. So I ended up going with the ferret, who seems decent enough company, even though I haven't yet been able to train it to catch a Frisbee.

Funny enough, I was thinking that if there was any animal that would seem a perfect fit for PoE it would be a wolf, given the whole medieval feel to the game. A little dragon that could fly along next to you, as with the bat, could work as well. A lion could work, but then could you trust it not to turn around and try and eat you at some point?

You could even extend something like that to skill gems a la minions and totems. You could call up a wolf or wolves that runs around attacking monsters as with Raise Zombie, or a small dragon that flies about smoking the bad guys, as a kind of combo between the minions and Flame Totem.
As pets are only for cosmetics there, i dont believe thered ever be offensive ones.

But id like a pet skeleton beast or something along the lines of evil thaumaturgical ranger from a dark twisted forest ;)
I little cute wolf.

Russel, gogogo, make some doge.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Apr 10, 2014, 8:51:08 AM
A bird of prey

When you move, it flies off and circles above you. Once in a while it goes khaa. When you stop, it lands on your shoulder / arm.

If they could program that I think it would look sweet.
Guess.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
I little cute wolf.

Russel, gogogo, make some doge.
A hermit crab and a raven.
A pet human slave wouldn't be bad.

...what?
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
A pet human slave wouldn't be bad.

...what?

Better make the slave female so we get those reddit feminist at our ass again. :D
Yeah, I like the bird of prey idea, given how popular falconry was in the medieval era amongst the nobility.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info