I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

"
tinko92 wrote:
Yes, rares do drop more frequent in PoE, but 95%+ of them are vendor trash

You're being unusually generous here, tinko :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Not forced to use legendaries? They're better rares. They can roll higher stats. Of course you're forced to use them.

What stats are there matters also.
Legendary items =/= unique items, and therefore, them being superior in the ultimate endgame seems perfectly fine. It's just not the same situation like here in PoE.

@raics
I've already said why I don't play PoE anymore, at first, I've lost the majority of my interest in the game due to the gated content, and the SoTV patch ruined even solo play for me (regarding graphical performance).
Those 2 things made me quit PoE, but I still hold PoE on a higher ground than D3, overall.
I'm not like Slayer.
"
tinko92 wrote:
@raics
I've already said why I don't play PoE anymore, at first, I've lost the majority of my interest in the game due to the gated content, and the SoTV patch ruined even solo play for me (regarding graphical performance).
Those 2 things made me quit PoE, but I still hold PoE on a higher ground than D3, overall.
I'm not like Slayer.

Yeah, I know your story... along with everybody else here :)
Just thinking aloud, 95% means every 20th rare is a keeper and I'm afraid it's much worse than that, not even using a 'keeper' in the stricter sense of 'something I can use', but as 'something I can use with an alt or for levelling'.

Heh, from reading Slayer's posts you'd think he plays D3 with tears of self-loathing streaming down his cheeks and that he crafts gear using pieces of his own immortal soul, just like those mice from that story of mine about a mexican in a warehouse.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Well I did wrote 95%+ :P

To be honest, I don't even know he managed to play that much without poking his eyes out.
"
raics wrote:

just like those mice from that story of mine about a mexican in a warehouse.

It was great!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I have a potential upgrade once or 2 every hours. That's it. Some of my gear slots are so close to BiS, that I know I won't find an upgrade. And my total playtime is vastly less in D3.

Maybe you have some "gets godly drops" check mark on your account, but I showed, what I dropped on my self-found Ambush summoner on my way to level 75. And I leveled last 10 levels in the best farming location in game. And you know what is most sad thing? That this pile of crap is much better than average...

I don't care how much interesting or deep in design is item I can look on only on streams. I don't care if every rare item can be potential upgrade if reality is, that 99,99% of those is vendor trash.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
tinko92 wrote:
No you don't, when you hit higher levels in both games, upgrades don't come often, the difference is how you get them, by trading or killing monsters.
You're not forced to use legendary items, I have 111 paragons in solo play and I have 5 rares equipped.

Your playtime is not very relevant, because with dedicated trading, one can achieve excellent gear in a week or two, and when that hits, future upgrades are incredibly expensive, if not mirror-worthy.

The whole item situation in time relevance is almost the same in both games, it's just a matter of how it's obtained.

Well I've played my Barb for like 70 hours now (Para 70). Most of the gear is legendary/some set items, not the best rolls but out of souls to upgrade. Rares go straight to the vendor/BS at this point as there's no way one of them would be better than what I have. It's all legendary or bust from here on.

Best part is: I didn't have to trade for any of it! Though I gambled the shoulders from Kadela.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:

Well I've played my Barb for like 70 hours now (Para 70). Most of the gear is legendary/some set items, not the best rolls but out of souls to upgrade. Rares go straight to the vendor/BS at this point as there's no way one of them would be better than what I have. It's all legendary or bust from here on.

Best part is: I didn't have to trade for any of it! Though I gambled the shoulders from Kadela.

I'm fine with top endgame characters having full gear in legendary/set items.
Because, the concept of items is not the same in PoE as is in D3.

Rares are still the way to go until you hit a legendary with desired mods, due to their crafting cost.

Anyway, you still have to pick rares, either you'll vendor them or salvage.
It's a fine system.
There is the major flaw in D3 loot drops - it does NOT encourage improving your character. most uniques' drop is gated behind hidden timers, which doesnt take actual kills into account any more. It is made for casuals only, and severely punishes players, who try to optimize their build.
Oh, of course, they will farm paragon faster, so what? Exp matters much less, than good items.

Seriously, D3 SUCKS! Oh, BTW, PoE now SUCKS too! Legacy stuff, desyncs, FPS drops, hard content behind RNG, broken mechanics, complete lack of balance - all that shit shouldnt exist in true hardcore game! I dont even ask for better item/currency drops, as they matter much LESS for me.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Apr 23, 2014, 1:54:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info