I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

"
majesw wrote:
Are you implying that they are monitoring every account to see if people are dropping the set items that they are farming for? You must be kidding... They set the rate and they leave it. You're stuck if RNG doesn't bless you with drops and we all know how that goes...

He is rather implying, that if number of dropped sets will be too low/high, Blizz can increase/decrease global drop rates.

And you are not "stuck". You play game, loot monsters and look what you can do with this loot. Simple concept, but probably doesn't fit into least resistance (aka trading) PoE philosophy.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Apr 24, 2014, 7:53:17 AM
"
UnderOmerta wrote:

If you can ONLY find it via a drop and you truly need it to progress, the developers can monitor this situation and easily correct it via a tweaked drop rate.

If you're trying to gate high end items around both an economy and mostly self-found players, someone is inevitably getting royally shafted.

That doesnt mean they WILL tweak drop rates. Or they reduce RNG dispersion. "Good" developers will do that, of course, but i cant add Bliizard or GGG to that category. Developers can have their own opinion about what drop rates should be "adequate", and their opinion can be pretty different from yours, no matter, be it selffound game, or trade-based. However, in trade-based game trading is essentially an ability to do "targeted drops", while in selffound game "targeted drops" should be implemented artificially (like they tried to do in D3).

Of course, you cant make droprates good enough for both trading and selffound (unless those are almost 100% "targeted drops"). Whole trading bases upon an idea, that you can find stuff of different quality, and for different builds, so you should sell it, and buy stuff for your build instead. Selffound means you should be able to get stuff for your build yourself. If there are a lot of builds in the game, all requiring different gear, how the game would know what are you looking for? There is no simple solution for that.

If you lok for a game with targeted drops, where clearing speed and Magic Find matters, try Sacred2. Although some skills/stats are highly imbalanced, at least it doesnt suffer from many other PoE problems. Oh, and its data files are open (.txt), so you can easily adjust many aspects of the game yourself, if you dont like them.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Apr 24, 2014, 9:54:01 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
majesw wrote:
Are you implying that they are monitoring every account to see if people are dropping the set items that they are farming for? You must be kidding... They set the rate and they leave it. You're stuck if RNG doesn't bless you with drops and we all know how that goes...

He is rather implying, that if number of dropped sets will be too low/high, Blizz can increase/decrease global drop rates.

And you are not "stuck". You play game, loot monsters and look what you can do with this loot. Simple concept, but probably doesn't fit into least resistance (aka trading) PoE philosophy.

The drop rate for the good sets is insanely low. I've found one tal helm and that's it. It follows the model of PoE actually. Good legs and sets are much much rarer than the rest.
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
majesw wrote:

But you are "stuck" if you want to complete a certain build. You have one option in D3... Play till you get that drop.
"
majesw wrote:
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
majesw wrote:

But you are "stuck" if you want to complete a certain build. You have one option in D3... Play till you get that drop.

You are currently stuck on a subject that's got next to zero impact on the experience in general, and at this point (while being in the situation you're discussing) you're not being hindered/steamrolled/getting oneshotted/dying because of a 1 second delay or similar bullshit.

I am not saying that your point is invalid, just that it's a miniscual issue or "problem" which is being rather focused upon.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
For me it's simple: D3 is a nice game and the recent changes made it better.

It's not secret though that PoE is just more detailed in terms of customization and itemization.

Talking about gear loot and crafting D3 has the upper hand for me at least, but we can expect some changes in PoE hopefully
Last edited by Startkabels on Apr 24, 2014, 4:01:18 PM
ATM d3> poe EASILY

GGG is too stubborn
"
Cergic wrote:

You are currently stuck on a subject that's got next to zero impact on the experience in general, and at this point (while being in the situation you're discussing) you're not being hindered/steamrolled/getting oneshotted/dying because of a 1 second delay or similar bullshit.

I am not saying that your point is invalid, just that it's a miniscual issue or "problem" which is being rather focused upon.

Path of Exile fanboys who defend the game without ever objectively looking at it (you happy now?). Nit pick at the tiniest or or smallest possible problem in D3 and then talk mad shit about it (RMT, 'Droprates', 'Exploits' which get fixed almost immediately, etc.)
Last edited by allbusiness on Apr 24, 2014, 10:12:23 PM
Blizzard had a fortune to make D3, while Gears had a vision and supporter packs to make their game. And yet, here we are comparing both products... While they both have their flaws, their OBVIOUS flaws, why not play the game you like and leave it at that?

I play PoE at the moment because it feels more real and full of grit; I also like supporting the team that benefits more from my support. I simply don't feel that way playing Blizzard products at the moment. I feel as though the D3 team takes way too much pride from the success of D2 and butchered it into what we have as D3. D3 might have better gameplay, art, and stability but it feels like a damn MMORPG cartoon with damage numbers....

Just not my think at the moment...
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Im thinking wether i should buy D3 with RoS. played PoE for a few weeks now. (lvl 74 Marauder)
heared good and bad things about D3 but why should it be so bad with better graphics better animations better/bigger Bosses, more ACTS isnt the end game of both the same? in PoE u play on maps, getting better loot etc. i heared in diablo 3 there are so much difficulties... SHOULD I BUY IT :) it doesnt matter how much it costs for me..
Sry for my bad english
Last edited by mcmesut01 on Apr 25, 2014, 2:39:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info