I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

"
JFE1982 wrote:
I retried D3 after having it laying around for months...short time fun again because of a lot of improvements but it is still too small. All Acts in D3 can be cleared in a day easily and I am not paying 40 Bucks for a new Endboss and a Class I am not interested in.

Tried PoE and find it very interesting up to now (first time Act 2 almost through).

Cant find any hard problems yet.
Especially not considering it costs me 0,00€ to play compared to a bug rich 50€ for D3 when it came out.

"Crafting" is gambling but its similar in D3.

Up to now I like it.

Remeber Diablo is over a year since release. So a direct comparison is kinda unfair.

I've been involved with this game for 2 and a half years, and it honestly has not changed that much. I don't think the comparison is as unfair as you think.

It's a stupid comparison, because they're vastly different games with audiences that hardly overlap at all, but that is a different argument and a different topic.
Ancient and unwise, SSF only since 2012
Last edited by Caiada on Apr 9, 2014, 3:53:04 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
There is absolutely nothing that PoE could do to be even 1/3 as disappointing as D3.

GGG could remove all of the soft core leagues and add a permanent Real Money auction house and is would still be less disappointing than D3.

I'm fairly positive that the second expansion could give us a worthy D2 successor. Vanilla D3 was utter crap, and RoS is now merely the foundation of a potentially good game. If they build upon it, it might become good. It's just a bit sad that we have to spend 60+40+40 bucks to maybe get the game we always wanted x(
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Hey man, join the D3-for-the-lack-of-anything-better-club

I couldn't agree more and are in the exact same situation.

I initially picked PoE over D3 because deep character customization is more important for me than smooth action and better graphics.

However PoE is letting me down, it's almost impossible to enjoy upgrading characters. Because loot and crafting rely way too much on RNG and trading is something I have always found boring.

Also the Invasion league is a big let down. The bosses are way too insane en Vaal gems and orbs are underwhelming.

Furthermore, the melee / ranged balance is only getting worse and desync has not changed either.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
There is absolutely nothing that PoE could do to be even 1/3 as disappointing as D3.

GGG could remove all of the soft core leagues and add a permanent Real Money auction house and is would still be less disappointing than D3.

I'm fairly positive that the second expansion could give us a worthy D2 successor. Vanilla D3 was utter crap, and RoS is now merely the foundation of a potentially good game. If they build upon it, it might become good. It's just a bit sad that we have to spend 60+40+40 bucks to maybe get the game we always wanted x(

Don't expect Blizzard to make a nice D2 sucessor. Blizzard is WoW. and thus everything has the typical "wowification"

Represented in D3 not only in the artstyle, campy voice acting and sterotypical plot with cartoony villains, but also in the item progression, questing sytem and streamlined skill acquisition.

And they will never let go of that, because they have been working on WoW and similar games for so long they just can't leave that realm. It's their comfort zone, their Corporate Identity.

If they would go and make a gritty realistic ARPG with a more complex item and skill system they would basically not be Blizzard in that moment and don't speak to their target audience.

This is why GGG is atm the only company which even goes close to what D2 was. They try to have the same style, item and skill sytem.

While GGG can still learn a few things from D2 (playing a selfcasting sorc was actually fun, melee was viable and summoner druids had more interesting summons than just zombies), they already improved on what D2 offered.

Something I would like back from D2 which I don't expect them to recreate is easy farmable bosses and loot tables (pindleskin, shenk)
"
KenshiD wrote:
Spoiler
"
Xavderion wrote:

Don't expect Blizzard to make a nice D2 sucessor. Blizzard is WoW. and thus everything has the typical "wowification"

Represented in D3 not only in the artstyle, campy voice acting and sterotypical plot with cartoony villains, but also in the item progression, questing sytem and streamlined skill acquisition.

And they will never let go of that, because they have been working on WoW and similar games for so long they just can't leave that realm. It's their comfort zone, their Corporate Identity.

If they would go and make a gritty realistic ARPG with a more complex item and skill system they would basically not be Blizzard in that moment and don't speak to their target audience.

This is why GGG is atm the only company which even goes close to what D2 was. They try to have the same style, item and skill sytem.

While GGG can still learn a few things from D2 (playing a selfcasting sorc was actually fun, melee was viable and summoner druids had more interesting summons than just zombies), they already improved on what D2 offered.

Something I would like back from D2 which I don't expect them to recreate is easy farmable bosses and loot tables (pindleskin, shenk)

Agree with both.

But KenshiD, don't forget about the SC2.
(
"

Did you ever play Diablo II? Path of Exile is nothing like Diablo II apart from the art style.. PoE gives people a bunch of shit mods on items and is instantly a Diablo clone. I will never understand why people such as your self, who seem to hate D3 with a passion do nothing but talk about it on forums of the game they now play, which is supposedly the second coming of Christ. If you hate it that much, surely you'd put it to the back of your mind quite easily.. Or do people like to try and convince them selves daily that the decision they made was correct, despite the doubts?
Last edited by Frosty_Pheet on Apr 9, 2014, 4:45:47 AM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
KenshiD wrote:
Spoiler
"
Xavderion wrote:

Agree with both.

But KenshiD, don't forget about the SC2.

I've never played SC, but I heard a lot of people say it is the only decent game they have left which doesn't target a casual gaming audience (Hearthstone is fun but just Magic Light, Heroes of the Storm looks like fanservice and is Dota Light, D3 is fun but wears out fast not like D2 which was fun for over 13 years).

But I once saw a stream of SC2 campaign and there was a boss that looked just like Belial, so the style of the game is already very close to WoW/Warcraft (cartoonish over the top and cool bad ass)

"
Frosty_Pheet wrote:

Did you ever play Diablo II? Path of Exile is nothing like Diablo II apart from the art style.. PoE gives people a bunch of shit mods on items and is instantly a Diablo clone. I will never understand why people such as your self, who seem to hate D3 with a passion do nothing but talk about it on forums of the game they now play, which is supposedly the second coming of Christ. If you hate it that much, surely you'd put it to the back of your mind quite easily.. Or do people like to try and convince them selves daily that the decision they made was correct, despite the doubts?

I've played D2 since 2001 and still play it. In fact I was leveling up my Forzen Orb Sorc yesterday (just hit act2)

"
who seem to hate D3 with a passion do nothing but talk about it on forums of the game they now play

Uwotm8?

I do more than that. I didn't make this thread. I never made a "d3 vs poe" thread. Other people do that, I just comment on it.
I don't hate D3 with a passion I even play it. I just find it boring and it wears out fast.

And what is you point you're making besides the Straw Man?

You just asserted that PoE is nothing like D2 without making any argument. If you want to refute something you better also create some arguments and don't derail yourself by suddenly switching to D3.
Last edited by KenshiD on Apr 9, 2014, 4:54:01 AM
OP you are clearly wrong, as you can see
"
KenshiD wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Kensid and 27 other players do enjoy trading.

Therefore all the problems you mentioned are invalid.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 9, 2014, 7:44:16 AM
"
symban wrote:
OP you are clearly wrong, as you can see
"
KenshiD wrote:
Another "I hate trading QQ".

Kensid and 27 other players do enjoy trading.

Therefore all the problems you mentioned are invalid.

"
on some fucked up notion of 'players like to trade'

So he is generalizing "players" and implying that GGG has some kind of delusion and thinks their player base likes trading, while in reality they hate it.

Fact it there are people who like trading and trading is a major component of the game.
Actually it is even required to make specific builds, because you could never make a Low life build if you wouldn't get all the items you need.
Or when you die you can get right back into action by just buying the gear you need.

Also he just has a wall of text and his core criticisms are :

"
The problems that keep being gestured to and explained in great detail are desync and a 'crafting' system that is inarguably a gambling system.

There is nothing more to get out of the post. He dislikes desync and orbs.
Something a lot of people have said before him, and there are like 10 threads active right now with the same issues.

It's like he is telling us "hey did you know desync sucks in PoE"? As if we didn't already know that, nor the devs.

And the second part is just him disliking RNG orbs. Some like them, I do, I would find it boring if I would get all the gear I need very easily, then I would have no reason to play anymore.

So what is the point of this thread?
"
KenshiD wrote:
So what is the point of this thread?

To add his voice to those already there, I imagine.

Now, all of us forum rats probably harbor no illusions that devs are ignorant of issues mentioned. However, not doing anything about that means they don't think enough players are bothered by it, because, make no mistake, if enough players are bothered by it they will even remove the picture of Chris' aged grandmother from that table in Solaris temple.

Remember how many 'getting 4 links is unrealistically hard in a game that assumes you have at least that' it took to get them to change the likelihood of rolling it? And it was a good thing, probably among top 3 changes since CB as it's pretty much spot on now, not guaranteed but likely enough to attempt, and it makes levelling so much more comfortable. But damn, the amount of effort it took to push it through...
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info