I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

Last time I sent a lengthy mail to actiblizz I told them that I may consider returning for a while,under the condition that they remove and replace all rainbows with lightning strikes all unicorns with mancows and all butterflies with naked harpies.

They never replied so I guess my ideas were crap.
Last edited by Temper on Apr 23, 2014, 8:40:22 AM
"
Startkabels wrote:
Except itemization sucks big time, the rares and uniques are much less meaningful as in PoE.

I give a shit about how deep is PoE itemization, especially uniques, if I don't have access to them, if I'm not willing to trade. And I'm not willing to trade.

After SotV I did small experiment and although I despise temporary leagues, as being temporary is for me against idea of RPG (and particularity aRPG) and leveled mostly self-found summoner to level 75 (which for a lot of player is much far beyond usual alt level). Mostly, because I bought Bones and RM and Vitality gems, I did want to handicap myself so much, probability of dropping those in time I will need those are near zero.

So what I have after those 75 levels, considering that since about 65-66 level I leveled virtually only on Piety runs with something like 50-80% IIR?

Uniques Tab

Gear

Better Currency

I should start mapping, but when I think about numerous hours I will have to grind for nothing on this character... In the end, I just stopped login onto this character.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Apr 23, 2014, 8:47:51 AM
"
klysandral wrote:
Just chimed in for a second here. Been playing RoS for two weeks. I find it to be vastly superior to PoE in the following ways:

1. Awesome gameplay. It is smooth and unlike PoE, I have not experienced any desync. Moreover, I have to utilize all 6 skills, choosing skills with synergies and working out effective combos for single target and AoE. In PoE, the gamepplay is extremely simple and boring. It mostly involve using one or two skills.

2. Great performance. No problem maintaining 50+ fps, even in a party. In a PoE party, the game runs at 20 - 30 fps and has frequent freezes when there are too many effects going on.

3. Depth. D3's depth is on the gameplay side, whereas PoE is on character building / planning. It would be nice to have both in a single game.

4. Drops and crafting. D3 is less random, drops come regularly, and crafting works much better. It feels so much joy to get a good piece of equipment through killing monsters. On the other hand, I just don't feel the same joy getting equipment through trading. And there is always the frustration rolling for the right socket color after getting a piece of gear.

I just don't see myself going back to PoE. I played PoE for two months. D3 won't hold my attention forever but I could see myself playing it for the next several months. The main reason being that D3 is a game I can play casually for a couple of hours a day, even at very high level. However, to gear up a 80+ PoE character for effective mapping, I have to play a lot to level, as well as spend a ton of time in trading.

it is smoother on average. But in a party you can still lag depending on what skills the party is using. On point 4, once you have a legendary/set in each slot, all rares are immediately salvaged. This is where the game comes to a crawl unfortunately.

Last edited by SL4Y3R on Apr 23, 2014, 9:59:59 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

it is smoother on average. But in a party you can still lag depending on what skills the party is using. On point 4, once you have a legendary/set in each slot, all rares are immediately salvaged. This is where the game comes to a crawl unfortunately.

And where is the problem?

It's the same as magic-rare transition, once you got nice rolled rares equipped, magic gear is vendored/salvaged.

Legendary items =/= unique items.
Except I id certain blue bases in high level maps. Found quite a few tyrannical mods.

Rares drop more frequently in PoE. Since you're comparing a rare to a leg. Legs drop maybe 2/hour. More if your rested bonus is filled.
Chance for a tyrannical mod with Alteration orbs is what, 1:1000? (on non-hybrid weapons)
Which would mean, you'd need to ID somewhere around that amount of magic items of certain bases. When we account in your characters, we have to come to a conclusion that you were lucky to a degree of finding an Eternal orb, or maybe even a Mirror.

What have you done with those items anyway, did you "craft" them? Sold? If sold, how is that possible?

Yes, rares do drop more frequent in PoE, but 95%+ of them are vendor trash, or even if they "worth" 2-5 chaos, you can't sell them, you have nowhere to sell them, because the trade system is awful.

Anyway, the concept of items is different in those 2 games, the "useless rares" argument is in fact, useless.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 23, 2014, 10:20:58 AM
Except it is very much relevant. It all has to do with the gear curve. I have a much larger amount of potential upgrades in PoE vs D3. This is simply because I'm not forced to only use legendary items which drop infrequently.

I have a potential upgrade once or 2 every hours. That's it. Some of my gear slots are so close to BiS, that I know I won't find an upgrade. And my total playtime is vastly less in D3.
No you don't, when you hit higher levels in both games, upgrades don't come often, the difference is how you get them, by trading or killing monsters.
You're not forced to use legendary items, I have 111 paragons in solo play and I have 5 rares equipped.

Your playtime is not very relevant, because with dedicated trading, one can achieve excellent gear in a week or two, and when that hits, future upgrades are incredibly expensive, if not mirror-worthy.

The whole item situation in time relevance is almost the same in both games, it's just a matter of how it's obtained.
Not forced to use legendaries? They're better rares. They can roll higher stats. Of course you're forced to use them.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Not forced to use legendaries? They're better rares. They can roll higher stats. Of course you're forced to use them.

Well, no. Because the stats isn't really as important as the attributes themselves. My rings, gloves, helmet and amulet = yellow. They have insane stats compared to any legendary i've gotten so far, even after modifying them further when crafting.

I also changed my weapon to a rare, because it beat my Legendary sword. Not tried crafting on that sucker yet, though.

Edit: and looking past on your posts, you really do bash D3 for things that's way worse in PoE. What i just quoted is very true in PoE as well - Worse, even.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Apr 23, 2014, 11:38:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info