I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I'm gonna do this one last time. Since you're still not getting it.

Did I ever say RMT in PoE wasn't lucrative? No

Did I ever say people RMT to get a lvl 70 account? No

Did I say RMT in d3 exists. Yes. And it does. People buy items via the account. And people buy paragon levels. Those are forms of RMT that d3 has.

No and no. Every major RMT website has stopped offering RMT services for Diablo 3. The reason being is that those two are way too easy to catch for both sides, and Blizzard will just instantly ban or lock the account when they recognize the account is changing hands too much. The buyer is put at too much of a risk when the account is sold because the seller could just always contact support and take back the account.

Essentially, RMT is realistically non-existent. If the major RMT sites have stopped offering RMT services for Diablo 3, you know it is not lucrative, and it is not a big deal at all. Put it this way, the biggest and largest Diablo 2/Diablo 3 RMT site stopped offering RMT services for Diablo 3, yet continues to offer PoE RMT services. Guess why? Because it's nonsensical to RMT in Diablo 3.

You mentioning RMT in Diablo 3 at all is just you trying to grasp at straws and avoid the major argument that PoE's RMT is fucking ridiculous at the moment. Stop doing essentially what every white knight does on here when PoE faces criticism that is in fact legitimate.
Last edited by allbusiness on Apr 20, 2014, 10:52:52 AM
Have to say the drop rates in D3 are even worse than in POE. Sure you get your welfare legendary every 1-2 hours but those items mostly suck and are worse than the rares you already have. The actually good ones are just as rare as in POE, except that you can't trade for them.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
Have to say the drop rates in D3 are even worse than in POE. Sure you get your welfare legendary every 1-2 hours but those items mostly suck and are worse than the rares you already have. The actually good ones are just as rare as in POE, except that you can't trade for them.

Yeah, i agree on that. With droprates buffed, even perfect rares are considered just mediocre gear in D3, and BiS gear are legendaries. And only legendaries with specific powerful abilities and class-dedicated sets, all others arent much better from rare.
But at least, D3 doesnt have desync and framedrop issues and dont cover hard content behind RNG.

Those are 3 major probalems, that EVERY player wants to be fixed. Really, you can keep ridiculous crafting RNG, shitty droprates, bad trade system, unrewarding bosses, imbalanced stats and builds, one-shot mechanics, etc. But those 3 issues i wroted in bold should be №1 priority to fix.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Apr 21, 2014, 2:32:36 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

But at least, D3 doesnt have desync and framedrop issues and dont cover hard content behind RNG.

Yeah, I keep telling myself that while I grind T1 for hour upon hour without getting much out of it except currency (just like in POE), but it's not much of a consolation.
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Yeah, I keep telling myself that while I grind T1 for hour upon hour without getting much out of it except currency (just like in POE), but it's not much of a consolation.

TBH after 1 hour you get a ton of blood shards! Use em!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
As I said, currency. Just like orbs of chance in POE, blood shards produce mainly vendor trash.
"
holocaustus wrote:
As I said, currency. Just like orbs of chance in POE, blood shards produce mainly vendor trash.

I got a pretty good Calamity from my blood shards, as well as a Cindercoat/Magefists. NBD.
searching for "poe" on d3 forums for the lulz

> I think POE has a super rare level (map) that spawns only breakables and
> chests that are loaded with loot... like an entire map with just rooms full of them.

Disappointment awaits you.
> The currnet droprates are stupid and boring, you log in find a legendary
> in the first 10 minutes and then nothig for 1,5 hours until you find
> the next one and so on, no reason to play in that hour, maybe playing
> every 1,5 hour for 10 minutes for your legendary and inbetween
> playing poe is a good idea

minmaxing l00t strat across different games
"
theUnseen wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Yes, RMT does inflate the economy, but by how much? 5%? 10%? Really not that huge of an impact, the non-RMT inflation is much stronger (see Standard where BiS items go for literally thousands of exalts, that's not because of RMT but because the league is 15 months old).

Yeah. You're right. No impact. Except that time in Domination where botters selling hundreds of eternals every few days drove the price of eternals to below 2 ex from 2.5 ex within a week. "It's legit" you may claim. I have a lvl 91, 88, 84, amongst a couple other 70s. I have never found an eternal. Nobody I know IRL who plays has ever found an eternal. That this guy was selling 100 every few days is highly suspect. Even with exalts, how often do they drop for you, cause they sure as hell don't drop very often for me. Botting is a thing and it definitely affects the economy.

No offence, but I had a good laugh with this. You quote my really short post and then reword it completely wrong (compare 'not that huge of an impact' to 'no impact') and then you go on and confirm exactly what I said (eternals temporarily going from 2,5 to 2 ex).

Furthermore, I don't know the droprate of eternals, but be assured that hundreds of eternals drop every day in the popular leagues (standard, ambush) because of the sheer amount of playtime accumulated (imagine an average of 10k players at any time, that's 240k hours playtime every day).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info