I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

People actually RMT both accounts and paragon levels.

Edit. And all RMT is a waste of money.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Apr 20, 2014, 12:00:50 AM
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
What's with all the RMT talk anyway? 99,9% of the players are barely affected by it. Are you just jelly that someone cheats his way up the ladder? I couldn't care less.

Oh and yes, the gastronomical analogy is better.

RMT does affect us in Path of Exile. GGG has stealth nerfed various areas due to botting that occurs pretty much because people RMT the shit out of the game. This is a fact, one that GGG will never admit but it's all over various botting forums if you've actually done research and have actually experienced it. Drop rates in CB were waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better due to numerous factors (such as non-redundant modifiers like light radius), but also because there's been tons of stealth nerfs on popular farming areas like Ledge, Felshrine, etc.

What kind of stealth nerfs are you talking about? I'd like some specific examples. The only nerf I know about was the removal of large chests (we got strongboxes for that now).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
What's with all the RMT talk anyway? 99,9% of the players are barely affected by it. Are you just jelly that someone cheats his way up the ladder? I couldn't care less.

You missed the whole economy part of POE? Game being online and based on trading means everyone is affected by influx of RL currency into the game. Even if you play self-found (lol) drop rates are adjusted with botters and RMTers in mind.

And how are people going to RMT in D3 if everything's account bound? Sell entire accounts? Sure, but that really doesn't affect me because I play solo and there's only me and the vendor and none of us cares.

PS: just got disconnected from the server for no reason. That's 2 bounties wasted. Fuck online gaming.

Yes, RMT does inflate the economy, but by how much? 5%? 10%? Really not that huge of an impact, the non-RMT inflation is much stronger (see Standard where BiS items go for literally thousands of exalts, that's not because of RMT but because the league is 15 months old).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
People actually RMT both accounts and paragon levels.

Edit. And all RMT is a waste of money.

Who the hell would RMT to get to level 70 when it can be done in 20 minutes by a friend or by simply posting on the forum asking for some help? Ridiculous as hell.

Paragon levels affect absolutely no one. Again, not many people would willingly RMT paragon levels. There's a reason why RMT has been pretty much eliminated from WoW, because lots of shit is BoA, BoE, and it becomes much harder since multiple IP changes from country to country typically means someone is selling the account or it's a bot account.

RMTing a Shavs early in the ladder on the other hand is a much bigger deal, especially in temporary leagues. Stop trying to detract from the primary argument that it is extremely lucrative to RMT in PoE. You're just grasping at straws at this point.

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Oh and yes, the gastronomical analogy is better.

RMT does affect us in Path of Exile. GGG has stealth nerfed various areas due to botting that occurs pretty much because people RMT the shit out of the game. This is a fact, one that GGG will never admit but it's all over various botting forums if you've actually done research and have actually experienced it. Drop rates in CB were waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better due to numerous factors (such as non-redundant modifiers like light radius), but also because there's been tons of stealth nerfs on popular farming areas like Ledge, Felshrine, etc.

What kind of stealth nerfs are you talking about? I'd like some specific examples. The only nerf I know about was the removal of large chests (we got strongboxes for that now).

I cannot link anything on here for risk of being banned, but it really is not hard to find out that GGG has stealth nerfed tons of areas because of botters. They've even gone as far as allowing the botters to play, but severely nerfing their drop rates on those individual accounts.

Although Blizzard's solution isn't the most optimal one, they have pretty much gutted RMT to the point that almost no one will RMT. The lack of a market is a big reason why no one RMTs. Just look at all the popular RMT sites, you'll find that they pretty much removed all their Diablo 3 services because it's basically useless. No one is willing to pay for any of the services Slay3r listed because you can just do it yourself within a reasonable time.
Last edited by allbusiness on Apr 20, 2014, 12:44:10 AM
"
allbusiness wrote:

I cannot link anything on here for risk of being banned, but it really is not hard to find out that GGG has stealth nerfed tons of areas because of botters. They've even gone as far as allowing the botters to play, but severely nerfing their drop rates on those individual accounts.

You don't need to link, just enumerate a couple of those changes. Nerfing botter drop rates to basically 0 isn't a stealth nerf to an area nor a stealth nerf to legit players (a couple of false positives aside).
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

You don't need to link, just enumerate a couple of those changes. Nerfing botter drop rates to basically 0 isn't a stealth nerf to an area nor a stealth nerf to legit players (a couple of false positives aside).

It is when they aren't listed in changes.

Felshrine and Ledge are two areas that got absolutely nerfed to the ground.
I'm gonna do this one last time. Since you're still not getting it.

Did I ever say RMT in PoE wasn't lucrative? No

Did I ever say people RMT to get a lvl 70 account? No

Did I say RMT in d3 exists. Yes. And it does. People buy items via the account. And people buy paragon levels. Those are forms of RMT that d3 has.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

You missed the whole economy part of POE? Game being online and based on trading means everyone is affected by influx of RL currency into the game. Even if you play self-found (lol) drop rates are adjusted with botters and RMTers in mind.

And how are people going to RMT in D3 if everything's account bound? Sell entire accounts? Sure, but that really doesn't affect me because I play solo and there's only me and the vendor and none of us cares.

PS: just got disconnected from the server for no reason. That's 2 bounties wasted. Fuck online gaming.

Yes, RMT does inflate the economy, but by how much? 5%? 10%? Really not that huge of an impact, the non-RMT inflation is much stronger (see Standard where BiS items go for literally thousands of exalts, that's not because of RMT but because the league is 15 months old).

Yeah. You're right. No impact. Except that time in Domination where botters selling hundreds of eternals every few days drove the price of eternals to below 2 ex from 2.5 ex within a week. "It's legit" you may claim. I have a lvl 91, 88, 84, amongst a couple other 70s. I have never found an eternal. Nobody I know IRL who plays has ever found an eternal. That this guy was selling 100 every few days is highly suspect. Even with exalts, how often do they drop for you, cause they sure as hell don't drop very often for me. Botting is a thing and it definitely affects the economy.
Last edited by theUnseen on Apr 20, 2014, 4:46:18 AM
Just because you can't see stuff like this happening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifm0dZfYesU

Doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Botting/rmt fucks everyone over in an economy based game whether one trades or not,from diminishing returns on loot tables to out right *pulling* of content and gated content,of which POE has already had and I dare say will see more of.

Botting and RMT are symptoms not cause.Unfortunately it will always be the symptoms that get treated in MMOs and not the cause.

D3 at least,while I'm not a fan of it's mechanics has tried to address the cause.
Last edited by Temper on Apr 20, 2014, 5:54:59 AM
"
Hell_Bovine wrote:
Community came looking for Diablo 2's true successor

Found a diablo themed Korean hamster wheel MMO grinder.

I've been playing D3 too because of how ridiculous POE has become.
But just looking through this thread and seeing this post has just literally made my day.

"Pats on the back"

Yeah ill always play path through the new leagues although Invasion is really shit and there wasn't enough fun coming out of it.
I don't care what the world says.
I'll love you lauren for the rest of my life.
Fuck the haters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info