I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

Regarding loot and gold, it's probably the same ratio.
But you're not gaining exp, which should be a primary thing in these kind of games. Unless you're playing only for the drops, then be my guest, I'm not, and therefore, killing white monsters is more beneficial to me.

Record it after work, I don't care, back your shit up.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I lol because white packs drop shit. You're better of spending your time opening chests and destroying breakables instead of killing white packs.

I'm going to work, you can run a rift yourself where you don't waste time clearing it. Maybe 1 in 10 rifts are the ones where there's 2 tiers.

you talk big and without a substance here

you CANNOT - and anyone who actually played D3 can confirm - 'complete' rift (as in spawn Guardian) without killing most white mobs. killing only rares? LOOOOOL man, that alone shows me that you dont know what you are talking about. but please, do continue

for your record i tested 'one level' rifts by clearing them in their entirety and you need to clear around 45% of all mobs to reach the treshold. absolutely impossible with only blue/rare packs (these are like 5% of total count). but as ive said - do continue

it is impossible to do boss runs and in this regard rifts offer a much more 'risk/reward centered' endgame than poe. and it is only limited by YOUR abilities, not some sh.. rng roll

sure, maps are better CONCEPT. but execution is flawed and hasnt changed in years (MoC, i miss you)
It's not impossible. There's usually white packs next to champs, those get killed it crossfire. But you are flat out wasting time if you stop and kill every mob.

Most rifts have more than 3 tiers. The ones that have 2 are HUGE and can be readily identified

Edit: I've run easily over 100 rifts btw. And what risk do you speak of? Losing the exp bonus? Those are common.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Apr 16, 2014, 2:41:50 PM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:
Because those aren't unique items, those are legendary items.

And no, you're completely wrong about rifts.
Boss runs are about skipping everything until the boss, and then collect the loot from the boss.
In rifts, you have to kill X amount of monsters for the boss to appear, and that resembles maps, not boss runs, at fucking all.

Don't spread the wrong info Slayer, we all know your stance on D3 and your incapability of subjectivity regarding it.

And, in D3, you actually have an incentive to hunt down bosses, especially in rifts. While in here, it's better to skip them, risk-reward is non-existent (this is about map bosses).

@Holocaustus
Conclusion? Are you talking about the story or endgame gameplay?

Lol. You skip the trash packs, kill champs, kill the boss. And there's no risk because exp pools are overly abundant.

Skip whites? Are you insane? You skip rares and kill whites for fast boss summon. I do NOT know how you expect to clear it faster by killing rares/elite packs only.

I'd even be willing to race you! =p
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
If you like using rifts to get 4 rares, some gems, blood shards, and maybe a forgotten soul be my guest.

Where did I say it was faster?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
If you like using rifts to get 4 rares, some gems, blood shards, and maybe a forgotten soul be my guest.

what? so you chain-waste rifts for exp? and how exactly do you get keystones?

you know that this does not make much sense? and these rewards are normal difficulty level rewards, try higher torments and youll get a bit more. rifts should not be farmed on normal
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
It's not impossible. There's usually white packs next to champs, those get killed it crossfire. But you are flat out wasting time if you stop and kill every mob.

Exactly who said that kills every single monster in the rift tier, and only that? Not skipping white monsters doesn't mean killing every single monster in the rift tier.

And by the way, why are we even discussing this with you... Earlier you were complaining about how costly crafting was, and now you're "voting" for monster skipping.
Ridiculous, but hey, your 30 hours /played are showing their shine.

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

what? so you chain-waste rifts for exp? and how exactly do you get keystones?

you know that this does not make much sense? and these rewards are normal difficulty level rewards, try higher torments and youll get a bit more. rifts should not be farmed on normal

I actually play T3 currently. Don't know what you're talking about otherwise.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Exactly who said that kills every single monster in the rift tier, and only that? Not skipping white monsters doesn't mean killing every single monster in the rift tier.

And by the way, why are we even discussing this with you... Earlier you were complaining about how costly crafting was, and now you're "voting" for monster skipping.
Ridiculous, but hey, your 30 hours /played are showing their shine.

I actually never complained about costly crafting was. I said it was a bad design that it has an exponentially increasing cost. Which I thought was fucking stupid. You're the one who kept bringing up the cost difference between d3 and PoE.

/30 hours was on my crusader. Which I don't play anymore.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

You didn't.

BUT!

You said that skipping whites was the way to go in order to reach the boss. That's just silly willy, and it will take .. insanely much longer to complete 1 rift if you do.

I was just thinking that farming effectively would be something you'd be interested in, and my mates and myself have concluded that skipping certain mobs are way more beneficial in terms of time.

Kudos for doing T3.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info