I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

I don't know about the story really, because I don't play hack 'n' slash for stories, I play them for the monster killing, looting and leveling.

I hear it's lame, just like in the old D3.
However, both D3 and PoE are lackluster in that area, so it all should be fine in that aspect.

If you feel weaker because of the monster scaling, just lower the difficulty.

And that's the part when RoS kicks in, there are no more boss farming, for example, Diablo farming.
Adventure mode resembles mapping in PoE.
You have bounties, which when completed, yield you exp and gold on top of the loot, gold and exp from the monster killing, and when you complete all 5 from one act, you get a cube which contains more loot.

You also have rifts, which are basically maps without mods, random areas with random monsters in them, and when you kill X amount of monsters, a boss appears.
You get those fragments (that are required for entering) in bounties.

Zero luck gated content, you can play harder content if you can handle it.
Rifts provide real source of variety.
Extremely optimized graphics.
No one-shots.

If you're into self found play, it's the thing for you.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 16, 2014, 3:55:40 AM
"
holocaustus wrote:
Level scaling is a double-edged sword in every RPG. While it offers continued challenge (although the only challenge I've encountered so far in D3 were random-affix mobs; bosses were all pushovers) it also kills any sense of character progression as whenever you get stronger monsters catch up with you.

It was done in an interesting way in Sacred 2, enemies in each area scaled their level to yours but only within certain ranges, there was a min and max level per area and per difficulty.

For instance, enemies in the first area in bronze difficulty start at level 1 and go up to level 14, in last area they go from 25 to 40, so you could finish the game at level 25 and be at level with the enemies or you can outlevel them by 10 levels if you're set on doing so. In niobium difficulty first area enemy levels would go from 111 to 180.

Of course, by gaining levels enemies don't just gain hit points, they do more damage too, however your gear keeps up with that and unique and set items scale too which is very nice for sets, you can wear boots you found at level 20 with chest from level 50 and just replace the boots with a higher level version when you find it.

There was also a very nifty system called survival bonus, the longer you stay alive the more enemies outlevel you (can go up to 30 levels difference on higher difficulties if you haven't been dieing a long time but can't go over the area cap), and the better drops are, so if you have a good char and play good the game will be harder but you will also get more drops, and if you die a lot the game will be easier. Yeah, playing hardcore is truly harder in sacred :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 16, 2014, 4:04:41 AM
"
raics wrote:

It was done in an interesting way in Sacred 2, enemies in each area scaled their level to yours but only within certain ranges, there was a min and max level per area and per difficulty.

For instance, enemies in the first area in bronze difficulty start at level 1 and go up to level 14, in last area they go from 25 to 40, so you could finish the game at level 25 and be at level with the enemies or you can outlevel them by 10 levels if you're set on doing so. In niobium difficulty first area enemy levels would go from 111 to 180.

Of course, by gaining levels enemies don't just gain hit points, they do more damage too, however your gear keeps up with that and unique and set items scale too which is very nice for sets, you can wear boots you found at level 20 with chest from level 50 and just replace the boots with a higher level version when you find it.

There was also a very nifty system called survival bonus, the longer you stay alive the more enemies outlevel you (can go up to 30 levels difference on higher difficulties if you haven't been dieing a long time but can't go over the area cap), and the better drops are, so if you have a good char and play good the game will be harder but you will also get more drops, and if you die a lot the game will be easier. Yeah, playing hardcore is truly harder in sacred :)

Yeah, that sounds like a good compromise in theory. Haven't playd Sacred so can't comment on it though.

"
tinko92 wrote:

That really is the thing. The game has issues, different issues than POE, but after playing POE for so long with its frustrating economy-based drop system, D3's loot is relly fun. You kill a boss and find shiny new gear you can actually use. Feels like you're playing an actual game.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Yeah, that sounds like a good compromise in theory. Haven't playd Sacred so can't comment on it though.

"
tinko92 wrote:

That really is the thing. The game has issues, different issues than POE, but after playing POE for so long with its frustrating economy-based drop system, D3's loot is relly fun. You kill a boss and find shiny new gear you can actually use. Feels like you're playing an actual game.

Yeeah it really IS easier to play D3 and not feel as if your life is draining away. You get rewarded for doing some of the tedious crap involved, and you get rewarded for smacking biggies. AND you can always find recipes of good items to craft (WIN).

I've got about 30 hours in RoS atm. That's not much, but still enough to justify what i paid for it. And i'm not quitting yet, either. It's just a very good change from Vanilla d3 which sucked P.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Why is this even in feedback?

It's just a discussion about D3, and surely should be moved to off topic?
"

It's just a discussion about D3, and surely should be moved to off topic?

Read the pages. Loads of feedback.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
holocaustus wrote:

Sacred 1/2 would be a great game if it wasnt so unbalanced. Let's take Sacred 2, for example. Dryad has an ability, that provides short-term HP regen, and has lower CD, than duration. Guess, how much HP it regens when build properly? Well, it regens more HP per second, than your character has! Having that high HP regen makes you almost immortal (except oneshots). Another example - Inquisitor has ability, that allows him to gain extra %increase to attack and defence (increases chance to hit and decreases chance to be hit). What's the problem? It stacks indefinetely! After killing a certain amount of enemies, his chance to hit will be always maxed, and chance to be hit will be minimal (<1%)....
And survival bonus not just increased foe's level and magic find.... It also drastically increased YOUR damage and stats. So, it's pretty questionable, if it really made game harder, or easier... I think, it shouldnt be like that.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:

Sacred 1/2 would be a great game if it wasnt so unbalanced. Let's take Sacred 2, for example. Dryad has an ability, that provides short-term HP regen, and has lower CD, than duration. Guess, how much HP it regens when build properly? Well, it regens more HP per second, than your character has! Having that high HP regen makes you almost immortal (except oneshots). Another example - Inquisitor has ability, that allows him to gain extra %increase to attack and defence (increases chance to hit and decreases chance to be hit). What's the problem? It stacks indefinetely! After killing a certain amount of enemies, his chance to hit will be always maxed, and chance to be hit will be minimal (<1%)....
And survival bonus not just increased foe's level and magic find.... It also drastically increased YOUR damage and stats. So, it's pretty questionable, if it really made game harder, or easier... I think, it shouldnt be like that.

Yeah but it made for some crazy fun character builds.Sure my Invincible techno/celestial Seraphim basically broke the game but .... it was so damn fun to play and isn't that the whole point ? =)
Last edited by Temper on Apr 16, 2014, 5:51:12 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Sacred 1/2 would be a great game if it wasnt so unbalanced.

Yup, the bulk of the game was decently balanced but when something was broken it was really broken. And it was buggy, very buggy. It's a damn shame, sacred had a lot of great and pretty novel ideas for the time, like combat art mods that D3 copied, or comboing skills (which I only saw in one other arpg, 'blade and sword' which was released roughly at the same time so I guess it might be a coincidence).

Anyway, SB increased your base stats but it stacked with other stat increases and benefits from having higher stats aren't really earthshattering (with some exceptions), the effect on enemies was much greater so it did increase difficulty.

Actual implementation in Sacred aside, it's a pretty good idea and I think it some form of that would fit PoE like a glove... if they ever get rid of that altF4 thingy or we'll have chicken soup in softcore too.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 16, 2014, 6:15:38 AM
"

It's just a discussion about D3

It's a comparison between POE and D3 and which aspects of either game players like or dislike.

Pretty sure Devs can find more valuable feedback ITT than in, say, the "Fuck this game and fuck GGG" topic at the top of the page.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info