I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

Wasn't able to do it til I found wand of woh. What I meant earlier was it's the most efficient way per hour to get the most out of each rift. Killing all whites just to get the boss to spawn is super efficient if you're farming souls though.
It would be silly to deny that D3 endgame is also boring after a while, but the thing I am noticing the more and more I play D3 is that the endgame is still 'playable', while in PoE I can't bear to take my char past lvl 85, its just unbearably painful. The guys who grind to lvl 95+ have some serious determination I must say.

Rifts/bounties are pretty damn boring too, but still the gathering of keys/organs is kinda fun and the paragon levels, while not statistically significant, are still something to look forward too. Plus, after stashing some good amount of gold and crafting materials, I can go on a crafting spree once in a while to optimize my gear, something which I never could do in PoE. In standard league, even after having ~100 exalts stashed up, I never felt the incentive to use them for crafting, just because I never had any luck with it/found it worth the effort.

A few days back tried playing PoE for a while again (after having quit for 3-4 weeks) but the desync felt extremely annoying and the game client crashed a few hours later, and I ended up dying and losing 3 chunks of xp towards l86. Not to mention that after another 20-30 corrupted area runs no sacrifice at midnight. So much for giving it another chance..
"
Rifts/bounties are pretty damn boring too, but still the gathering of keys/organs is kinda fun and the paragon levels, while not statistically significant, are still something to look forward too. Plus, after stashing some good amount of gold and crafting materials, I can go on a crafting spree once in a while to optimize my gear, something which I never could do in PoE. In standard league, even after having ~100 exalts stashed up, I never felt the incentive to use them for crafting, just because I never had any luck with it/found it worth the effort.

A few days back tried playing PoE for a while again (after having quit for 3-4 weeks) but the desync felt extremely annoying and the game client crashed a few hours later, and I ended up dying and losing 3 chunks of xp towards l86. Not to mention that after another 20-30 corrupted area runs no sacrifice at midnight. So much for giving it another chance..

+1
+1

The crafting system in d3 is very nice now. Less RNG, more fun for casuals like me.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

I actually never complained about costly crafting was. I said it was a bad design that it has an exponentially increasing cost. Which I thought was fucking stupid. You're the one who kept bringing up the cost difference between d3 and PoE.

/30 hours was on my crusader. Which I don't play anymore.

Is that so?
"Cost is now 1.15M, and I'm done." - after many posts about how crafting gets expensive with more tries, and that's complaining, nevermind anyway.

No, I'm not the one who kept bringing cost differences, I was merely responding to your constant "static vs rising cost" of crafting.

So, after that Crusader which couldn't do T3, you're now playing with someone else and you're already doing T3, any details on that? Perhaps a link to your characters there?

Anyway, where's the video of you doing a rift and killing magic/rare monsters and skipping white packs on the way to rift guardian?
After 2 months PoE I also went back to D3.

Yes, PoE has more depth in terms of skills and char progression.
And yes, I miss Quicksilver Flask.

But as solo selffound player the "droprates based on economy" just sucks and the trade channel is a spam bot fest.

Farming Catacombs with Flameblast got boring, and Dual Wield Melee (what I wanted to Play in the first place) is not so much fun because of desync.

Maybe I'm just not elitist enough to succeed in a trade to win game.

I think I'll come back later to give PoE another try, because this game has a lot of good elements and the company is awesome.
But for now, I just don't feel for burning weeks of grinding Jewelers and Fusing in 2mins trying to create a 5l.

Till then, I enjoy the selffound progression and the smooth combat in "casual" RoS.
"
nightblade157 wrote:
It would be silly to deny that D3 endgame is also boring after a while, but the thing I am noticing the more and more I play D3 is that the endgame is still 'playable', while in PoE I can't bear to take my char past lvl 85, its just unbearably painful. The guys who grind to lvl 95+ have some serious determination I must say.

Unfortunately, many of the crafting mat drops is about the same amount of fun as looting fragments. Except in D3, you farm the menu for specific bounties. Wheeee.

I'm not going to waste my time uploading a video for you. In the amount of posts you've made, you can easily do it yourself.

I said it gets exponentially expensive, which is a horrible design. It's not expensive the first time. But the more RNG kicks you down, the more you pay. Which is stupid.

Why would I do it myself? I don't run rifts and complete them by skipping white monsters. You're the one who's allegedly doing that, and you aren't backing that up, so I'll feel free to call you a liar.

The part about crafting cost is your personal opinion. I don't find it stupid.
"
tinko92 wrote:
Why would I do it myself? I don't run rifts and complete them by skipping white monsters. You're the one who's allegedly doing that, and you aren't backing that up, so I'll feel free to call you a liar.

So it's OK for RNG to kick you when you're down? Lol, from someone who hates RNG that much here, that's a pretty ironic thing to say.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:

So it's OK for RNG to kick you when you're down? Lol, from someone who hates RNG that much here, that's a pretty ironic thing to say.

RNG != RNG.

That is to say, RNG on high-end items isn't the same as RNG on levelling items which isn't the same as RNG on build-defining items which again isn't the same as RNG on access to fun & challenging content.

Almost all of the complaints about RNG in PoE aren't about RNG on high-end items (albeit the majority of strawmans used as counter-arguments are), they're complaints about RNG on many of the other categories. Most of them are on RNG on access to fun and challenging content, a good few on RNG on build-defining items (including the links, sockets and colours needed for those builds) and some on RNG on levelling items (albeit substantially decreased after the changes to 4-linking).

They're all very different things.

Personally I don't want any RNG on access to fun and challenging content, I should always be able to face content that's harder than I can comfortably handle if I so choose. I should also always have access to content that's more relaxing and simple, albeit of course less rewarding.

I want very little RNG on levelling items, a few ups and downs are fine but walls belong in end-game, they don't belong in the process where you're still shaping up your build.

I want some, but not too much, RNG on build-defining items. Balanced so that, on average, by the time I get to high level I'll have collected at least one piece of equipment that'll allow me an option in building a character I didn't have previously.

I want a lot of RNG on high-end items so that I'll always have another goal to strive for, so that there's always the possibility, no matter how incredibly minor, that an improvement will drop.

PoE cranks RNG to 11 on basically all of these where personally I only want to see it on 11 when it comes to getting BiS items. On everything else it needs to be substantially lower or not there at all.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

We've already been through the cost effectiveness.

I don't hate RNG overall, you're lying again if you say that. What I can't stand is when the harder content is gated behind RNG and the whole system is made to push me back to lower content.

For an endgame weapon, that would cost you in 15+ tries, that amount isn't that much at all. By that time, one will be swimming in the amount of Forgotten Souls and other materials, and the gold will be on 20M+.
So even if that unlucky, he'll have to grind up some more. Kill the monsters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info