I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

"
nightblade157 wrote:

Exactly! The paragon levels don't really make a difference stat wise, but everybody loves to see that exp bar move. And something is better than nothing ;)

It works pretty well in Diablo 3, because there always is some progress. In PoE, the XP Bar can even go backwards and even worse, this can happen without your own fault (desync, imba mobs etc...).
That's why I do not Play PoE anymore. To frustrating, no real progess when you hit the "endgame" wall with all the unbalanced stuff and required trading/group play. Early game is OK and you have progress pretty fast. But permanently starting new chars again and again is NOT my Idea of fun to be honest.
In D3 RoS I just can do what I like: smashing mobs without much stress and with continuing progress. May not be that deep and complex game experience like PoE can offer but at least it's FUN. ;)

At the moment, PoE is no option for me. I really like that game, I played it basicly one year from open beta every day. But I just don't see much progress in things like balance, netcode, performance, single player experience etc. And I would really like to play PoE again. But not like the game is now.
Last edited by Fusion_Power on Apr 12, 2014, 9:11:31 PM
Strongboxes added quite a bit to the single player experience. At least, for me.

I bit the bullet and bought D3 the other day (though not RoS yet) after I realized that my main two gripes with it - always online req and the AH - were also present in POE. Now I suppose nothing can be done about the former but since D3 got rid of the latter while POE (unofficially) depends on it it was worth a try.

It's evident that POE is the better game in almost every respect but D3 is decent, casual fun. Since these are ARPGs, even if D3 is extremely light in the RPG department, the appeal in killing mobs and getting loot that you can actually use rather than sell can't be denied.

Not having to worry about maintaining a shop and maximizing your revenue in order to fund your progression is a breath of fresh air.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
BTW slayer, i've totally went to town with crafting in D3 and i'm not broke yet. I was pretty close of being out of mats/gold, but then i did 1 rift-run and i'm nowhere near broke in any aspect. I rolled 10, 11 or 12 times on x4 items yesterday. Had some epic back luck, but i got them all the way i wanted. And i'm not broke.

Here in PoE = No way that i could dump the same amount on 4 items and get the same result.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
holocaustus wrote:
I bit the bullet and bought D3 the other day (though not RoS yet) after I realized that my main two gripes with it - always online req and the AH - were also present in POE. Now I suppose nothing can be done about the former but since D3 got rid of the latter while POE (unofficially) depends on it it was worth a try.

It's evident that POE is the better game in almost every respect but D3 is decent, casual fun. Since these are ARPGs, even if D3 is extremely light in the RPG department, the appeal in killing mobs and getting loot that you can actually use rather than sell can't be denied.

Not having to worry about maintaining a shop and maximizing your revenue in order to fund your progression is a breath of fresh air.

Your absolutely right when u say that PoE is the better game in every respect. I also felt this strongly 2-3 days after playing D3 ROS.
But after 2 weeks of playing it, I tried PoE once again. And I simply cudn't make myself play it. The 3x longer loading times, fps drops, lag, desync annoyed me immensely, after being accustomed to the smoothness of D3. It was kinda shocking, because my initial impression of D3 was that its shallow. But I figured no amount of depth in a game can make up for clunky gameplay.

PoE is always better in theory. It has deeper crafting system, awesome passive tree, varied builds, better itemization and all that. But in reality D3 is the one u will probably end up playing more, because the experience is that much more hassle-free.

And if anything can be said about the future of D3, it will probably get better and better with the patches, because Blizzard immensely improved D2 over time, (which even now is played a lot) and they have the time/resources to do so. While PoE has taken a turn for the worse ever since release.

Last edited by nightblade157 on Apr 13, 2014, 6:32:55 AM
Maybe. I need to see how the endgame pans out. Shallow games tend to get boring pretty fast, no matter how fluid and smooth the experience is. Reason why I stuck with POE for so long despite all its flaws is its depth after all. I'd still be playing and tweaking builds for Atziri if it weren't for the fragment fiasco.

If Chris didn't lie and POE is still increasing its player base then GGG will also keep working on the game and improving it with patches - release was better than beta after all, and RNG of the Vaal will hopefully be an unfortunate outlier that will have been rectified by the time I pick up the game again.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Depth can only take you so far when it is being dragged down by layer upon layer of bullshit.

hell even I have finally decided to go back to d3 after the last wave of bullshit.

(ie , fracturing in maps [Removed by Support], badly designed race content (what the fuck ggg test your shit), a seemingly massive amount of "unintentional" changes that were stealthed into patches (really the smoke mine nerf and the change to wind ripper were UNINTENTIONAL WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!), the fact that the heart of the latest expansion is still only playable to the elite few (yeah how about that righteous fire build that EVERYONE is playing).

And now I find myself uninstalling the path of exile client to free up space.

Hate diablo3 all you want, Atleast they don't openly try to FUCK you with nearly every mechanic , content patch or game "balance"

that lack of stability has completely eroded any good will ggg had built up with me since closed beta.

A complete , A total... Disappointment.

Hell I haven't been this let down since the launch of diablo 3 , and My god that was a depressing low .
Last edited by Simon_GGG on Apr 13, 2014, 6:51:32 PM
Some of the decisions lately I have not been too fond of either, but blizzard is doing just the same.

RIP Frozen Orb
People coming and going isn't a concern. It happens with every game.

However, some of the people who've been leaving of late are ones I thought never would. It's worrisome from my point of view.

Salty, take care bro.

I can't get myself to go back to D3. Everytime I wanna game it's a decision between PoE and D3. 90% of the time I start up PoE. I still don't feel like my RoS money is wasted, I got a solid 30 hours of entertainment out of it and will keep playing it every now and then.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info