I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

"
BoondockSaint wrote:
All i see here is a lot of people defending crafting in POE, which tells me they never tried to craft anything.
I didnt buy ROS cause of my principles and promise that i will never give anything to blizz ever again, so i dont know how crafting works in ROS now.

What i do know that if you are playing the game 10 hours a day, POE i mean, you cant craft if you want to play endgame aka maps lvl 75+.
This goes for 4 month leagues.
Any experienced player will never craft in POE.
Only people that can craft in POE 4 month leagues are people that trade 24/7, use their credit card, or are not interested in end game.

the alt/augment/regal crafting is still viable, but not many ppl could afford the exalt/eternal crafting in 4 month leagues. At least not for multiple items, but maybe on that one awesome piece of gear u own.

I myself craft only maps and strongboxes. lol
I got to admit. In theory I much prefer PoE. But I find myself playing less and less, and D3-RoS more and more due to frustrations of actually playing. (With a pinch of D3's soo relaxed, it's more of a chat to friends with things to click)

Big bump for Quality of Life/Let us PLAY the game not dodgy drug deal like trade over killing mobs.

I know the dev's have said, that they are surprised how much players want QoL over new content. But personally I'd be more happy with them not adding content for a year and getting all there current stuff 'spot on'.
path of exile's endgame is actually much much easier than D3. The only challenge is finding enough high lvl maps to keep going, the content itself is too easy.
"
nightblade157 wrote:
path of exile's endgame is actually much much easier than D3. The only challenge is finding enough high lvl maps to keep going, the content itself is too easy.

No. Diablo 3 has a much easier end game simply because you can choose whichever difficulty you want to play on and farm it. As long as you play on at least Torment 1 you will have a chance to get any of the newer lvl70 legendaries and set items. After two days of Torment 1 you'll be strong enough that it doesn't really pose any threat at all anymore (at least that was the case for me as a Witch Doctor and Wizard), especially if you play with strangers. One could argue that you're missing out on an increased drop chance by not playing on higher torment levels but then I'd argue back that playing on Torment 1 means you're killing mobs much faster than on higher Torment, so it kind of evens out in my experience so far.

So no, PoE does not have a much easier end game than Diablo 3.

As for finding enough high lvl maps to keep going, yes I fully agree!
"
ResetLoad wrote:
"
nightblade157 wrote:

No. Diablo 3 has a much easier end game simply because you can choose whichever difficulty you want to play on and farm it. As long as you play on at least Torment 1 you will have a chance to get any of the newer lvl70 legendaries and set items. After two days of Torment 1 you'll be strong enough that it doesn't really pose any threat at all anymore (at least that was the case for me as a Witch Doctor and Wizard), especially if you play with strangers. One could argue that you're missing out on an increased drop chance by not playing on higher torment levels but then I'd argue back that playing on Torment 1 means you're killing mobs much faster than on higher Torment, so it kind of evens out in my experience so far.

Your logic is astonishing.

It's easier because you can choose a harder difficulty, and because there actually is a much harder difficulty to choose.

And another thing, if you're strong enough after 2 days in T1 that there's no danger at all, then you should probably get your DPS higher and move on to T2, where more gold and experience lie.
If you kill a pack of monsters in 2 seconds or 2.5 seconds, but you receive double gold and exp in 2.5 seconds, a simple example of your awful logic.

I won't even say "nice try", because it was far from it.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 12, 2014, 2:31:03 PM
"
ResetLoad wrote:
"
nightblade157 wrote:

Well, in D3 u actually have inescapable situations like being walled in and whacked to death, even the pots and all healing skills have cooldown and u can't leave the game instantly.

Try waller/vortex/arcane enchanted/frozen combo even in t1 and tell me its not hard.. For most players it almost always means unavoidable death.

In PoE u can spam all ur pots and insta logout and alt+f4 to save ur ass.

And legendaries make u stronger, not immune to all damage.. I myself play a wizard with 500k hp and 10M toughness, and the combo i mentioned above kills me most of the times.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
ResetLoad wrote:

Your logic is astonishing.

It's easier because you can choose a harder difficulty, and because there actually is a much harder difficulty to choose.

And another thing, if you're strong enough after 2 days in T1 that there's no danger at all, then you should probably get your DPS higher and move on to T2, where more gold and experience lie.
If you kill a pack of monsters in 2 seconds or 2.5 seconds, but you receive double gold and exp in 2.5 seconds, a simple example of your awful logic.

I won't even say "nice try", because it was far from it.

Your argument would make sense if gold and exp actually mattered in Diablo 3 past the initial gem upgrading part and paragon levels don't make THAT much of a difference really... There's no reason to grind higher torment levels except for the increased chance of legendary drops, which again can be diminished by breezing through lower torment lvls until you can do the same with the next tier. You're acting as if playing on Torment 2 instead of 1 is somehow better when you could be speedfarming through Torment 1 instead.

--

"
nightblade157 wrote:
Well, in D3 u actually have inescapable situations like being walled in and whacked to death, even the pots and all healing skills have cooldown and u can't leave the game instantly.

Try waller/vortex/arcane enchanted/frozen combo even in t1 and tell me its not hard.. For most players it almost always means unavoidable death.

In PoE u can spam all ur pots and insta logout and alt+f4 to save ur ass.

And legendaries make u stronger, not immune to all damage.. I myself play a wizard with 500k hp and 10M toughness, and the combo i mentioned above kills me most of the times.

Strange, my witch doctor has no issues surviving wallers or really any combinations so far, there's more than enough CC available to get out of 99% of situations in Torment 1.

--

Anyway, lets drop this. You can believe what you want, the important part is that we agree that Path of Exiles end game leaves a lot to desire if you're not into trading and finding groups.
Last edited by ResetLoad on Apr 12, 2014, 2:46:31 PM
imho its not worth going above t3 because the monsters get way too much hp in t4+

But my point is that even in t1-t3, u face many challenging situations which might result in death (though arguably death in D3 has no real penalty in softcore)

While in PoE, I can just run my 5 auras, curse mobs and press and hold the RMB while everything just dies.. 90% of the times I don't have to bother with kiting or even moving from my place, because mobs just aren't deadly enough.

Only difficult thing in the game rite now is atziri and uber atziri fights, but more and more ppl are steamrolling through those nowadays..

While I will never say that D3 is a better game than PoE, because fundamentally it is not better. However, PoE's endgame is more boring and annoying. While in D3, the actual fun starts after lvl 70, in PoE half of the players ditch their chars after lvl 75 and reroll..

Well, none of those mods in itself are much of a threat. But I'd really love to see a video of someone doing all the 4 mods at once on some elite pack and not breaking sweat, specially on high hp mobs. Unless u have some specific items that allow u to run through walls/monsters that combo is super deadly, because u can't run away coz of vortex, cant kite because of waller and half of the time u get frozen by overlapping frost novas. And arcane enchanted simply hurts, even with 1.7k arcane resist..
Last edited by nightblade157 on Apr 12, 2014, 2:48:13 PM
Well I gave diablo 3 ros a shot being a big advocate of SFL. Boy was I wrong. SFL aka BoA is terrible. You are subject to "rng builds" not what u want - not where your imagination carries you but what you drop. Take it and like it. Another issue with rng is you may literally never get set or item you are looking for since every drop is a brand new dice roll. Sadly after 150 hours I never found many items I wanted and items others wanted I could only salvage since you cant give/sell/trade. Trade fixes these problems and i never understood how valuable trading is.

I wont even go on about crap itemization, no skill tree, terrible boss affixs etc but just post to say I was wrong. SF BoA is not the way to go. PoE is a better game for me. YMMV of course.
Git R Dun!
"
ResetLoad wrote:

Your argument would make sense if gold and exp actually mattered in Diablo 3 past the initial gem upgrading part and paragon levels don't make THAT much of a difference really... There's no reason to grind higher torment levels except for the increased chance of legendary drops, which again can be diminished by breezing through lower torment lvls until you can do the same with the next tier. You're acting as if playing on Torment 2 instead of 1 is somehow better when you could be speedfarming through Torment 1 instead.

Paragons are there for the sense of progression, works like a charm from my experience.
Gem upgrading gets extremely costly on the higher ones, and you're forgetting about enchanting (1 mod replacement) which requires a lot of gold if you get in a very unlucky streak.

With that, I've just said how there actually is an incentive to play harder content, just read again my last post regarding that, I don't feel like repeating myself.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 12, 2014, 2:47:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info