I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

The mats stay the same, but the gold goes up each attempt. It's gets really pricey after 4 or 5 attempts

Like I've already said, one attempt in PoE costs more than 10 attempts in D3. By time invested scenario.

And no, please don't even try to make it like it costs 1 ex, that yolo exalting which ends up with a ruined potential in 99%+ of time. (this is probably directed to Slayer)
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

The mats stay the same, but the gold goes up each attempt. It's gets really pricey after 4 or 5 attempts

Like I've already said, one attempt in PoE costs more than 10 attempts in D3. By time invested scenario.

And no, please don't even try to make it like it costs 1 ex, that yolo exalting which ends up with a ruined potential in 99%+ of time. (this is probably directed to Slayer)

If there was no trading in PoE I would agree. Gathering wealth is far easier in PoE than it is in D3 now by far.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

If there was no trading in PoE I would agree. Gathering wealth is far easier in PoE than it is in D3 now by far.

And the irony is: if you are good at gathering wealth in PoE, then you wouldn't exalt it yourself since it makes no economic sense.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

To be able to flip that amount, you'd need a nice amount in your stash in the first place, and then, when you find something to flip, you need to buy it, and then resell it for profit. It's a time investment, still out-worldly better than farming for 1 eternal and 1 exalt.

But it's still easier to get 2 forgotten souls (other stuff just comes along the way) for 2 rerolls than 2 eternals and 2 exalts by flipping in PoE, because, in order to flip something for more than 1 ex, you have to be lucky enough to find that item and resell it quickly, if you don't resell it quickly, the time investment increases, etc.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

To be able to flip that amount, you'd need a nice amount in your stash in the first place, and then, when you find something to flip, you need to buy it, and then resell it for profit. It's a time investment, still out-worldly better than farming for 1 eternal and 1 exalt.

But it's still easier to get 2 forgotten souls (other stuff just comes along the way) for 2 rerolls than 2 eternals and 2 exalts by flipping in PoE, because, in order to flip something for more than 1 ex, you have to be lucky enough to find that item and resell it quickly, if you don't resell it quickly, the time investment increases, etc.

It's the gold. You have no choice but to grind it out now. The mats rain.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

That being said RoS doesn't have the character depth that PoE has. How it is now though, I cannot justify PoE over Dark Souls 2 or D3:RoS. I will keep up on PoE but I think the grind has burned me out for now. It's too punishing, tech wise, and solo play.

i would be very sad to give up the character depth, but the drawbacks are increasingly irritating me.

i'm not quite convinced that there is as much depth as everyone thinks there is.

a big complicated tree doesn't mean that lots of different builds that actually _work_.

when i've researched builds there are few variations on a theme.

Last edited by plasticeyes on Apr 10, 2014, 6:11:02 PM
"
mazul wrote:

And the irony is: if you are good at gathering wealth in PoE, then you wouldn't exalt it yourself since it makes no economic sense.

Not true. In PoE only the rich craft. (well craft effectively)

To the rest of us ex is currency only, and thus cannot be wasted. The irony is that once you are wealthy enough, ex isn't currency anymore, its back to a tool that it was intended for in the first place and you proceed to eternal/exalt godly items, or care less about yolo'ing things
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

for you maybe. certainly not for me.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Indeed. And I find that good, I have to slay some more monsters, play the game.

First, like I've said, you have to find an item that's worth that amount of rerolling. And when you do find that item, you'll already have a nice amount in your stash to reroll it until you get the desired mod, unless, you're extremely unlucky, then you go farm some more.

And by the gold problem, one now has an incentive to play harder content, more gold drops.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Indeed. And I find that good, I have to slay some more monsters, play the game.

First, like I've said, you have to find an item that's worth that amount of rerolling. And when you do find that item, you'll already have a nice amount in your stash to reroll it until you get the desired mod, unless, you're extremely unlucky, then you go farm some more.

And by the gold problem, one now has an incentive to play harder content, more gold drops.

I stand by you in this one, Tinko.

Besides, if someone is running low on gold, just sell a full stash of yellow items for 2,5-5k gold A PIECE.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info