I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
symban wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
In D3 you can only use the item, the investment you put in it is gone.

Amazing logic there!

Thanks, as I said, it's not hard to understand :)

Ummm.. Apparently I need to use /sarcasm more..

Your logic was so horribly off with ARPG experience. "An item you are gonna use is wasted effort" has no place with ARPG.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Lol guys, this isn't hard to understand... In PoE you can use the item OR sell it for an equally good item or currency. In D3 you can only use the item, the investment you put in it is gone. That's why it makes sense that crafting perfect items in PoE takes much longer compared to D3.

You've just confirmed what I've said.

@Slayer
I've already answered on that topic, I don't feel like repeating.

EDIT:
Here you are, talking about socket in a weapon in D3, I'll just remind you of socket/link/chrome system in PoE.
You're completely subjective, and I'm here to provide another side of the story.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 11, 2014, 2:39:12 AM
"
mazul wrote:
Yeah, it has a very different approach. It is easy to get "good" gear through drops and enchanting/crafting those drops. It is though far harder to get "perfect" gear.

And me likes that idea very, very much, acquiring 'good' drops in PoE without trading is a major pain in the butt. Yes, yes, I get that their idea of a healthy economy requires it... or does it? 'Good' gear is practically worthless in permaleagues, it has almost no market value and it's still a pain in the ass to drop or roll with orbs.

Dunno, but ruining self-found experience for little to no effect on economy strikes me as a very bad move. Ah, I can hear people say 'but claptrap, that isn't true for first two months of 4M leagues', and you got a point there - a point that only proves permaleagues and temp can't really use the same item model... unless self-found viability was never their goal in the first place.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 11, 2014, 3:28:29 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
@mazul. But that's the thing, weapons are all trash unless they have a socket. Every single weapon is completely worthless without a socket.

Lol. No. Get better critt dmg/chance on your rings/amu/gloves and that's enough. Especially with the Paragonsystem that allows you to get 0.10 critt chance per point.

Besides, the DPS calc in D3 is stupid as fuck, as it isn't broken down into every skill, but rather on a general scale. I'm a lvl 70 Witch Doctor and i have no use for paper-damage or a green socket in my weapon.

I'd love it if you could explain to me WHY sockets in a weapon is so important
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Because 140% critical dmg. When you have 50% critical chance, that much dmg makes or breaks an item. A 1900 Dps weapon with less int but with a socket does 13% more dmg.

Edit: while it is true paper dmg doesn't always mean more. When you have 50% crit, a weapon without the socket is worthless.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Apr 11, 2014, 3:53:58 AM
"
Cergic wrote:
I'm a lvl 70 Witch Doctor and i have no use for paper-damage or a green socket in my weapon.

My 70 lvl WD needs green socket. So what?
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Because 140% critical dmg. When you have 50% critical chance, that much dmg makes or breaks an item. A 1900 Dps weapon with less int but with a socket does 13% more dmg.

Edit: while it is true paper dmg doesn't always mean more. When you have 50% crit, a weapon without the socket is worthless.

Yes, i guess, for some classes and builds. I am currently using minions and swarm, though, and they are based off Pure weapon damage from what i can tell from testing.

But i am no stranger to what you're saying - a friend is rolling WW barbarian and he discards weapons w/o sockets due to no space for green gem.

@tmaciak - then you have a build that is in need of the critical damage. "So what?" I just said that weapons isn't useless in D3 ifthey don't have sockets, and that it's rather about build. Take a bath in green gems for all that i care
Last edited by Cergic on Apr 11, 2014, 4:17:10 AM
"
Cergic wrote:
I am currently using minions and swarm, though, and they are based off Pure weapon damage from what i can tell from testing.

Lack of floating yellow numbers in some WD skills doesn't mean, that those doesn't crit, like acid cloud or rain of frogs.

EDIT:

Or in general, DoTs in D3 can crit, though they don't show crit floating numbers. There is word from Wyatt on this issue: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1c89zn/class_changes_to_108_ptr/c9e117w
Last edited by tmaciak on Apr 11, 2014, 4:24:24 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Cergic wrote:
I am currently using minions and swarm, though, and they are based off Pure weapon damage from what i can tell from testing.

Lack of floating yellow numbers in some WD skills doesn't mean, that those doesn't crit, like acid cloud or rain of frogs.

EDIT:

Or in general, DoTs in D3 can crit, though they don't show crit floating numbers. There is word from Wyatt on this issue: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1c89zn/class_changes_to_108_ptr/c9e117w

Yes. They can critt, but that's only on the Initial jump (in my case, since i use the swarm). The core aspect i have to think of is my weapon damage regardless.

I obviously like to do critts since i also use "Pile on" which does 800% weap dmg. When i critt i critt for 3 mil, which is nice.

Just saying that it ain't useless, and that 20-25% critt chance is viable enough, and that the dps calc is paper damage only. If you CAN get 40% increase in base damage, but lose 110% critt damage, the DPS calc will claim that you lose like 20% DPS which is silly in itself.
I use spiders, acid cloud and piranhas coupled with dogs and gargantuan to tank and heal and still have use for crit damage. Anyway, even if you don't need crit damage per se, if you have socket you can always socket ruby so it's always better to have socket that to not have socket, though is maybe less critical then.
Last edited by tmaciak on Apr 11, 2014, 4:41:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info