I Play Diablo III Because of Path of Exile's Problems

"
tinko92 wrote:
"
ecogen wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

The biggest difference between PoE and D3 in this regard is that in PoE you might spend a shitton of currency to craft something, but when you get that perfect item you can sell it for an even larger shitton of currency. In D3 you can never get your investment back.

Trolling?

Spoiler
You get the investment back by using that better item./derp

Exactly.

Those 2 are completely different games now, PoE is about profit and economy and D3 is about killing monsters.

I like to view it more like this...
PoE has an economy and it has monsters to kill.
RoS has monsters to kill.

I like it.

I play both, however. I read the following phrase somewhere here on the forum: "Poe Fuck's me better" and in some aspects it's true. Thus, i'm now playing invasion CASUALLY and only get 1-4 levels a gamesession. Much more enjoyable to lapse between RoS and PoE.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
majesw wrote:

But if I'm not mistaken, back when D3 had an economy, it was regarded as The Antichrist on these forums... aka. "stupid auction house game for casuals, I prefer to spam WTB/WTS all day long in trade chat"

Having an economy is nice, but if it means that the rest of the game is subjugated to it (like in PoE and D3 before), then nty.

Less economy means more game, at least in RoS case
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 10, 2014, 12:30:21 PM
"
morbo wrote:
"
majesw wrote:

But if I'm not mistaken, back when D3 had an economy, it was regarded as The Antichrist on these forums... aka. "stupid auction house game for casuals, I prefer to spam WTB/WTS all day long in trade chat"

The problem of D3s AH (besides the real money part of it) was that it had no interaction with other people and you kinda were out of touch with it from a dynamic standpoint.

Since you can leave open trad chat and see what is currently worth something you are up to date. While in D3 you had to leave the game to trade and be updated.

So a lot of the time you spend outside of the game instead inside the game and only trading when you needed to.

I personally think the Auction house itself isn't all that bad, it was just too convenient for its own sake and removed the social aspect of it completely. Gold is also at fault here, since I think orbs are overall much more interesting to trade with.

It's pretty simple after loggin about 50 hours into RoS already.

If you are a solo player that prefers a self-found experience, with the focus on killing monsters, than RoS is by FAR the better game.

If you enjoy a more multiplayer focused experience, with an economy meta game, then PoE is probably better. (if you can also accept some technical issues) Different things appeal to different players.

I pretty much love all the RoS changes. To top it off it doesn't have any of the nasty tech issues that PoE has currently.

That being said RoS doesn't have the character depth that PoE has. How it is now though, I cannot justify PoE over Dark Souls 2 or D3:RoS. I will keep up on PoE but I think the grind has burned me out for now. It's too punishing, tech wise, and solo play.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
KenshiD wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
"
majesw wrote:

The problem of D3s AH (besides the real money part of it) was that it had no interaction with other people and you kinda were out of touch with it from a dynamic standpoint.

Since you can leave open trad chat and see what is currently worth something you are up to date. While in D3 you had to leave the game to trade and be updated.

So a lot of the time you spend outside of the game instead inside the game and only trading when you needed to.

I personally think the Auction house itself isn't all that bad, it was just too convenient for its own sake and removed the social aspect of it completely. Gold is also at fault here, since I think orbs are overall much more interesting to trade with.

A shame that orbs have just ended up a "more interesting currency than gold".
ign: ecogen
@KenshiD

On a paper, interaction between two people that are about to trade, seems fine and refreshing, but it's a totally different scenario in reality, because of human nature.
The seller wants to get as much as possible and the buyer wants to have the cheapest way out. And in the end, it mostly results in an unpleasant interaction.

By the way, you have to turn on your browser in order to trade in PoE, which means abandoning the play.
Trade chat is as good as useless, they might as well completely shut it down. Same 10 flippers spamming the chat for the whole day.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
In about 4 more attempts, it'll cost over 1M per roll. You also seem to forget it costs a forgotten soul each try, and 20 rare items. I'm saying it gets exponentially more expensive to try, this isn't the case in PoE

Try #1 in PoE is more expensive than try #15 in D3. And if you were really unlucky and it requires more than 15 tries to get a desired mod, then fuck it, grind up some more.

With constant progression, you have many legendaries in you stash that you've either used or they are too weak for you to use, plus the rift guardian drops forgotten souls fairly often.

Of course you shouldn't spend all your crafting materials on Expert difficulty and on your ~1300 DPS weapon. Calculations and choices matter a lot.

It's a 2200 dps wand with 749 int and 745 vit. And to go back to your previous post, PoE is static. To add a mod will always cost one exalted. To reroll a mod in RoS will fo up in an exponential fashion. There really isn't any debating this.

Like I said, it's funny. And a tad ironic.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

It's a 2200 dps wand with 749 int and 745 vit. And to go back to your previous post, PoE is static. To add a mod will always cost one exalted. To reroll a mod in RoS will fo up in an exponential fashion. There really isn't any debating this.

So what's up with that wand? You might wanna take a better look at the post you reply to. That was merely a statement that one probably shouldn't spend 5+ souls on an item he'll replace relatively soon.

And to replace a mod will always cost ~40k gold, 1 forgotten soul and some materials from salvaging magic and rare items.
I mean, what the fuck have you actually said there... 1 ex is the cost of a single mod, yet to change a single mod in D3 it costs X amount after Y tries. At least compare the same scenario.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

So what's up with that wand? You might wanna take a better look at the post you reply to. That was merely a statement that one probably shouldn't spend 5+ souls on an item he'll replace relatively soon.

And to replace a mod will always cost ~40k gold, 1 forgotten soul and some materials from salvaging magic and rare items.
I mean, what the fuck have you actually said there... 1 ex is the cost of a single mod, yet to change a single mod in D3 it costs X amount after Y tries. At least compare the same scenario.

The mats stay the same, but the gold goes up each attempt. It's gets really pricey after 4 or 5 attempts
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info