1.2.0 - Spectral Throw Crit Dagger (HC Viable)

Replace your increased critical srikes gem not the PCoC, since power charges give you a much larger crit % once you get the passive node + bandit reward. I can't really give you an evaluation of your DPS, because I am not familiar with low lvl dps. It seems kinda poor to me though, might want to try to upgrade your Dagger and get some rings with +phys dmg. Actually your dager is really bad with ~160 pDPS. Also crit chance is really important on daggers, since all your passives and crit gear/gems scale with it.
Going IR is a good way to get some defences for very few nodes and also becomes quite strong in combination with grace aura. You can also go EV based, then I recommend you to also get acrobatics and aim for max block.
Which option you choose is mostly preference based, both are viable. Going Acro/Ev/Block might require a bit more gear and game knowledge, but its certainly doable even for high maps.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
can you do this build with a 1 handed sword instead?

why does it have to be dagger?

can we go slashing comeback isntead of stabbing comeback and go with 1h sword?

why did you decide to go with daggers in the build?

is daggers having higher base crit the only reason you decided to go with daggers?
Last edited by IMKR on Jul 10, 2014, 10:50:12 AM
The reason this build uses a dagger is that daggers can achieve the highest DPS. You will get a signigicant DPS penalty from using ST + LMP, with daggers you can easily compensate this by going nuts with crit multi.
If you want to use s sword, you should check out the elemental buzzsaw build, which also got featured in the recent build of the week episode. It is a ST build that focuses on auras and elemental dmg.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my gear, starting with dagger. What I'm curious about is that if I should buy a bino's or a 315 pure phys with 6,98 critt chance. Bino is 11ex, and other is 10ex.

My gear for reference
Spoiler

Current critt chance 53,5 with 645 multi on tooltip, dps 7,3k st
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my gear, starting with dagger. What I'm curious about is that if I should buy a bino's or a 315 pure phys with 6,98 critt chance. Bino is 11ex, and other is 10ex.

My gear for reference
Spoiler

How fun is this build to play? I am thinking about making this build. Can u run piety easy? Or is it touch and go?

I play HC so I was hoping with some luck I could at least get to piety runs without dying :)
"
Scar_Finger wrote:
"
ZoRoXo wrote:

My gear for reference
Spoiler

How fun is this build to play? I am thinking about making this build. Can u run piety easy? Or is it touch and go?

I play HC so I was hoping with some luck I could at least get to piety runs without dying :)

Well I think it's pretty nice. First time I've given puncture a fair try, and so far it's pretty damn solid skill. If you like spectral throwing I don't see why.

Honestly I never killed piety before like lvl 87, just sneaked in a piety killing mf group at 64ish and went straight into maps :P But at least now she goes down like butter, especially since she likes to walk around punctured.

And I'm playing hc too, almost identical build to op, just more hp instead of block.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
So I found a Binos randomly a few weeks ago and wanted to make a build with it and came up with something a lot similiar to this build. Watching this build changed my tree a bit by giving me a bit more insight to the build.

Spoiler
Currently I'm lvl 69 with this passive tree. Currently rocking maps pretty hard and its been a really fun build to play. The only problem I see with this build is running both grace and hatred without EB is rather hard. Finding good ES gear that can fit for this build is not easy either. I reccomend you use hatred for dps and consider to drop hatred for grace if it's a hard map/boss.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBH4FfQX5DkgRlhXwFr8YvRrbHhoi6iP2JDwmlSepKCoppStvL28wVDpYSVFKfU4qVUtW6lb1VvpaSFptW69h4mKsY0NnoG17cFJwVnC7feN_xocZh3aH24hCjDaQG5fQmVeaE5smnZado52qo4qmf6c0p1yxs7JEtMW1SLk-wFHBxcLs1QDWndkT227b1N0N3vbjhOdU53To1u1B7g7v8PLh8-r5Y_yr_MX_kw==

This is what my late game build would look like

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBH4FfQX5BukJIQ5IEZYV8Ba_GL0a2xutHhoegSLqI_YkPCT9JpUnYSepKCoppStvLOEvbzBUMgE6WD3iSO5JUUp9S41OKlVLVupW9Vb6WkhabVuvYeJirGNDZ6Bte3BScFZwu3DVfeN-WX_GhxmHdofbiEKMNo6KkBuX0JlXmhObJp2WnaOdqqOKpn-nNKdcrGaxs7IZskS0xbVIt9O5PsBRwcXC7M961QDWndfL2HbZE9o9227b1N0N3vbjhOdU53To1un-7UHuDu_w8uHz6vlj_Kv8xf8c_5M=

Spoiler
My current gear is decent have the following stats

26369 double strike dps (multistrike)
4599 spectral throw dps
3519 life
3789 armor w/o grace
5920 armor w/grace

Spoiler

any updates on this ? any new gear you acquired or smth OP?

btw, just 1 shot piety on cruel face tanking her with this build smashing double strike with multistrike + inc crit dmg, only red phase hurt a bit but i dint know what it was since im kinda new to poe :D
Last edited by idrgz on Aug 1, 2014, 6:22:55 PM
"
IMKR wrote:
can you do this build with a 1 handed sword instead?

why does it have to be dagger?

can we go slashing comeback isntead of stabbing comeback and go with 1h sword?

why did you decide to go with daggers in the build?

is daggers having higher base crit the only reason you decided to go with daggers?

yes, you need the base crit of a dagger to achieve a high crit chance.

example:

lets assume a dagger 10% base crit + crit nodes = 50% crit chance

equal sword with only 5% base crit + crit nodes = 25% crit chance
Last edited by computersagtnein on Aug 3, 2014, 4:30:51 PM
"
Scar_Finger wrote:

Piety is a breeze. I farmed her for exp/drops from about 65-70.
IGN: Dmillz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info