[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

Didnt play this build yet, but want to give it a try in the new leagues.

My planned build: Here

It's basically just HP and totem nodes, coupled with BM and IR. I wont be using grace, but I'm probably running with a friend who might end up using grace.

If Iron Reflexes doesnt turn out to be worth it, I'll probably use something like this

the second version lacks some dexterity though, so picking 2 of the 30 dex nodes could be neccessary.

Both builds have about 214% life and 5.3% regen, which actually seems a little bit high comparing it to other people's builds. So I'm considering removing some life and instead adding some fire damage, which is directly nearby: here

the last version got no IR, less life (184%) but more fire damage.

I'm still not sure if the damage is even high enough after taking the fire damage above witch and ele damage in templar area. The extra damage from the added chaos gem wont be supported by the fire and ele nodes, but I dont see any other option nearby to increase the total totem damage including the chaos part.
Last edited by deadmeat9 on Aug 16, 2014, 4:35:06 PM
"
Ins0mn1ac wrote:
"
Any thoughts on the new tree using this build?

I've been playing this build on Garena with the new tree, I actually think this build got buffed.

Few notables so far:
All HP %s in mara starting area cut
Elemental adaptation cut
Warrior's blood 1.5 instead of 2%
Arsonist now also gives 1% regen
The +1 max(s) around diamond skin are gone but they buffed ele resist for it to 12% from 8%
Totem life around ancestral bond got buffed to 32%
Totem life for totem mastery got buffed to 24%
There's a new combat stamina node next to totem mastery with armor/life regen/life
Totemic zeal got moved up right next to sentinel by scion
Constitution got buffed (+20 life, 14% hp increase)
Barbarism node is in path cutting up to templar life/totemic mastery; it gives +1 max fire res/+8 fire res/+8% life
Purity of flesh has its own circle now, 4 nodes for total of 20% life/20% chaos res

Few alternate path ideas -
Master of the arena (duelist) has 1% life regen now and is next to 3 hp nodes that didn't get cut too bad (3 nodes for total of 20% life) also get 54% armor coming in through steel skin

Witch has heart of flames and 3 hp nodes not too far out from shamanistic fury.
Cruel preparation nodes - 3 nodes total of 20% life, +5% all res
Heart of flame - 5 nodes total of +71% fire dmg, +2% fire pen

I remembered I hit 1k HP when I was farming normal docks so I think they upped base HP/level, it doesn't feel like my life has been nerfed too bad. My totems feel a LOT more tankier.

I'll update later if there is any interest.

Thanks for the imput, havent been able to play for a few weeks due to holidays and also needed an little poe break, tho ive already checked into the build and indeed seems it gets some buffs here and there. I don't really want to post an build right now since its not patchday yet and then ill keep the post updated for the next league.
Because of the mana reduction to most gems, It might be possible and worth to start thinking about Witch and no BM.

You won´t get that much life as starting with a marauder, but the setup from the witch starting area is quite good.

I´ve done 2 builds and compared them.

For what I think the decision will be:

Hardcore: Definetly Marauder, way more life and like 50% fire resist and 24% lightning and cold just from the skill tree --> more space for MF gear.

Softcore: Both seems to be viable

BUT we have to wait for PatchDay, to see in how far witch is an cvalid option.
Planed new-tree build (HC):

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFCMzy7_9kiiD18_wQTjn1W1Jy-eze8OpzC8nxRxFCD469-_UEfqGBiR9zJyqayqWfMn7SoTwBr8S8T2WiuQVWaebBY8LSynp4T60ocZxq6j8ho4NukQzLc-JKrjaiu2QYf-ChZvjEb56Ni9-JM1krXypwhuqo9GuJPa3UrIm6GnlD8n99deXdH9ZIQGoPm9FE0Es6IA8B8CcUrEeGn2rkz_r2zFin7iT32AVlFg8WysmDbYSRsqjexVOlhVxoPbHRT-j6ZXTeM64fJFa9kU9oY7

Any ideas to improve?
Why do you take Blunt Instrument?
Normally you dont Attack with MAces or staffs on this build.

Putting the points into Diamond Skin (15% EleResit) seems better than that in Hardocre
"
Why do you take Blunt Instrument?
Normally you dont Attack with MAces or staffs on this build.

2+6% hp
Last edited by treshsocket on Aug 17, 2014, 3:22:18 PM
But is it really worth getting these?
I mean, it seems not worth tp for this little %life.
Maybe it is just personal preference.
The rest of the tree is nearly the same as I would go :P
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL57N7w6nMLyfFHEUIPjr379QR-oYGJH3MnKprKpZ8yftKhPAGvxLxPZaK5BVZp5sFjwtLKenhPrShxnGrqPyGjg26RDMtz4kquNqK7ZBh_4KFm-MRvno2L34kzWStfJuqkrIPydkhAag-b0UTQSzogDwHwJxSsR4afauTP-vbMWKfuJPfYBWUWAqTaQ50IFH4iLiFSAs6cAP1e1qkxm0ytNKfYd2Z6D8xd0N0iFqHqgY8i-krFRJY_0GDgPGCfaQCluvTioppQ==

This is just an quick sample of how its gonna look like, you gain dexterity by moving into leather and steel and if u want you can even pick up IR and wear an EV/AR chestpiece/gear.

Tho we dont know how much HP we are gonna have so we might be able to drop some life nodes, but i like the nodes with flask regain much and these should not be skipped.
Last edited by expjah on Aug 17, 2014, 5:22:57 PM
Quick update on Garena with new tree -

This build is very viable and easy to progress through the game. Since I do not know any Taiwanese, I've been playing solo self-found, and now am in Merc Act 2, about to take on Vaal, no deaths either.

My current build

My current planned build

Plan was to invest only in life/regen/armour; take all totem capstones. I was going to spec in and out of additional res nodes near diamond skin as I need it. Currently I'm capped on fire and lightning resists without any additional nodes from that wheel.

I've been leveling as dual searing bond with increased burning dmg and flammability. I have 2 flame totems gems leveling, fire pen, faster casting (found), lmp (found), and probably just mule a faster projectiles in a bit. Going to get added chaos from quest reward as well.

I think I encountered difficulty in Cruel Sceptre of Gods, Dom hurt a bit but was manageable, piety was a joke. Rushing totem nodes and taking only the HP nodes from the beginning made this game almost a faceroll.

Hopefully I can hit maps later tonight.
Last edited by Ins0mn1ac on Aug 17, 2014, 6:38:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info