[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

Wow, thanks for the update.
While you are playing do you know by chance in how far the mana costs got reduced?

And do you guys think its worth to get to the fire dmg cluster in the witch section at the top of the skilltree?
2% FirePen sounds interesting.

Thanks
I've never really done a dedicated mf build, but this will be my first build for the 3month.

Cheap & Effective, not going to worry much about mapping, will mainly be for dom farming :)
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
Wow, thanks for the update.
While you are playing do you know by chance in how far the mana costs got reduced?

And do you guys think its worth to get to the fire dmg cluster in the witch section at the top of the skilltree?
2% FirePen sounds interesting.

Thanks

I honestly don't know how far the mana costs got reduced because I went blood magic pretty early, I would say it felt better, but then again I think I had more HP and was specced into versatility with additional mana reduction.

I think that Heart of Flame and Cruel Preparation is definitely an endgame option for more dmg and some more all res (+71% fire, +2% fire pen, +20% life, +5% all res)

Currently I'm sitting at lvl 70 fully using flame totems (4l/6s bc I cant get enough fusings) I finally found all the American players on global 5055 so I immediately got any gems I couldn't self find (having 4 reduced mana gems in a world of ppl doing CI builds). Have a dedicated culling totem so I've been doing some Piety runs.

Some other observations/notes:
Everyone seems to be jumping on witch/shadow builds, especially CI. I had all the gems I needed within minutes of posting trade in exchange for reduced mana. What is awesome about this build is that you get 4 reduced mana gems you DON'T need.

I have 0 deaths, and the totems tanked/aggro most of the damage from the new boss fights. I think that the Piety fight is now easier than the new Merveil fight.

I progressed underleveled throughout the game, unless I needed to grind a level to prevent xp penalty, up until Merc Sarn (I think I was 57/58) then farmed the crap out of it. Took me around 3 days of moderate playing to get to Merc Sarn, this build made it remarkably painless even with the horrible lag. :)

If expjah or others would like, I can post how I speed level and progress with this build. I've run many Templar dual totem searing bond builds before, and learned tips from Uberelite and other racers. This is currently my 4th FT mara following this build. Much props to you OP!
"
(having 4 reduced mana gems in a world of ppl doing CI builds).

Haha was just going through the quest rewards list and thought the same :)
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Last edited by Auxion on Aug 19, 2014, 2:40:07 AM
I would love to hear how you speed level/progress with this build. Your updates have also been very helpful in determining a solid build for the new leagues.
@Skellerton
Cool, herald of ice sounds alright for this build if you wanted to sacrfice 12.5% life with Mortal Conviction
Mark_GGG 2012

Last edited by Auxion on Aug 19, 2014, 4:30:53 AM
"
Ins0mn1ac wrote:

Some other observations/notes:
Everyone seems to be jumping on witch/shadow builds, especially CI. I had all the gems I needed within minutes of posting trade in exchange for reduced mana. What is awesome about this build is that you get 4 reduced mana gems you DON'T need.

I have 0 deaths, and the totems tanked/aggro most of the damage from the new boss fights. I think that the Piety fight is now easier than the new Merveil fight.

I progressed underleveled throughout the game, unless I needed to grind a level to prevent xp penalty, up until Merc Sarn (I think I was 57/58) then farmed the crap out of it. Took me around 3 days of moderate playing to get to Merc Sarn, this build made it remarkably painless even with the horrible lag. :)

If expjah or others would like, I can post how I speed level and progress with this build. I've run many Templar dual totem searing bond builds before, and learned tips from Uberelite and other racers. This is currently my 4th FT mara following this build. Much props to you OP!

I would like! Yes please! Hahaha.

I have a 60 Mara with a full re-spec waiting and I want to try this build. Was formerly a sword and board, so can you post some general gear tips like what to look for most? I would assume spell damage on everything possible? Does "added fire damage" get factored in to the totems at all, or is that melee swings only?

Cheers!
"
Auxion wrote:
Cool, herald of ice sounds alright for this build if you wanted to sacrfice 12.5% life with Mortal Conviction

No you would spec out of BM and run everything on mana in this case IMO. I think I am going to run Clarity + Herald of Ice and take some mana cost reduction nodes + regen. I plan on using this at the start of the SC league to do boss runs and MF with to get currency.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2F8_7w4nL-Of8i-krLyfFHGnMJ7NVbXBBPaueGlKxPjro_Isp1orKhNZ86yqcqn3MuoYGjinhJBVwBr60mae42o26RZvJKqvbEz_PC0CcQSz8B_FihRNogD4k4xGK7YQzMau-ehBh7c-NZLYvf4K-b0GoGSEPydKyG6qtfIn7cT2jM_2SD38GJFQRxQgVElTUkWdmuDr7ij6gsdewKBCiFrR_aeUuJOnCOxVKo1JGzbY8WysmPfXm6GPRtrdMft_44PbVcY6WF8qdFU=

I should easily be able to run this off of mana with Herald + Clarity. Might even have room for a Purity aura.
IGN: Dmillz
The mana cost reduction of flame totem (at level 20) is from 64 to 51 now

Source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/994350/page/22
Last edited by Afura on Aug 19, 2014, 12:13:40 PM
Reduction from 64 to 51 is nice.
Anyone tried to calculate the mana cost 6L?
Maybe it is worth to start as a witch and go for manareg. instead of BM .... then we could use auras like clarity and haste should be able to increase the dmg, or do auras not count for totems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info