Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

Why no Maligaro's? Wouldn't the Crit be very beneficial or is the life/res better on the rare gloves?
"
Why no Maligaro's? Wouldn't the Crit be very beneficial or is the life/res better on the rare gloves?

I'm pretty low on resists as is so I haven't even thought about going maligaro. I think life, resits and high attack speed is too good vs some crit multi/crit in this case.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut I obviously recommend the uber Atziri gloves and saving yourself 10 passive points :D
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Ah okay, that makes sense.

How do you feel this build compared to a Co build that utilized Windripper?
"
Kelsier0 wrote:
Anyone having success with this build? I got my alt up to level 68 to where I could use the Windripper but have kinda stopped playing it since then. I can clear packs fast, as long as I kill them offscreen but if anything gets anywhere near me I die, and I can't kill any bosses with single-target. I'm sure it'll get better if I keep leveling and fill out the rest of the tree and replace my gems with 20/20's etc. but just kinda lost motivation. Playing my buzzsaw is a lot more fun. I'll probably get back to this one at some point but I think I'll take a break for a while. Not criticizing the build, I'm sure its "user error", just curious how others are doing with it.

Had a simmilar problem. Run grace instead of haste, get acro and ondars... be happy ;) Also, level up!
Hi Mathil,

Great thread! I always appreciate when guide authors are objective about their builds, so the cost caveats and "not OP" really caught my eye. I've been playing a budget Harbinger/aura (no base defense) build since the beginning of Dom league and been theory crafting what I would respec to if I ever got a Windripper. It's nice to see that dream skilltree/setup in action. Also, this thread and the comments in it have convinced me to go ahead and reroll in Ambush.

Linking my thread - not to hijack but because I've gone through many revisions watching new players pick up a Windripper, go through their growing pains and talk through all the solutions. Probably not much you haven't already thought of, but just wanted to share anyway, in case you run across something of value in there. :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/757499

"
nouser wrote:
can I run this build without a windripper? I'm poor

Yep, absolutely. Just have to do a physical version instead of elemental. I run mine with a Lioneye's and was completely self-found with a self-crafted Harbinger before that.

"
Dumblet wrote:
would a lioneye's do okay with this build? lol

The biggest problem with Lioneye's is you can't evade yourself on Reflect, so you either have to take Iron Reflexes or run flasks like this and pop them before attacking.

Also CwDT for when accidentally shooting into the wrong pack. (82 running up to 75 maps and haven't died in 3 levels.)

"
I don't get how they're 100+ ex on standard, and only 10 on invasion(and they dont even sell) ..... I love this bow xD

This is the comment that has convinced me to reroll in a challenge league. I imagine it would take me less time and be way more enjoyable to get to 82 on a new character than it would to be farm 100 exalteds.
Last edited by feyith on Apr 8, 2014, 1:24:59 AM
"
biomuesli wrote:
"
Kelsier0 wrote:
Anyone having success with this build? I got my alt up to level 68 to where I could use the Windripper but have kinda stopped playing it since then. I can clear packs fast, as long as I kill them offscreen but if anything gets anywhere near me I die, and I can't kill any bosses with single-target. I'm sure it'll get better if I keep leveling and fill out the rest of the tree and replace my gems with 20/20's etc. but just kinda lost motivation. Playing my buzzsaw is a lot more fun. I'll probably get back to this one at some point but I think I'll take a break for a while. Not criticizing the build, I'm sure its "user error", just curious how others are doing with it.

Had a similar problem. Run grace instead of haste, get acro and ondars... be happy ;) Also, level up!

Very true. I had a hell of a time from level 50 to the mid-sixties, at which point I could:
- get to Acrobatics: simply avoiding 30% of hits is wonderful, it gives you more time to heal.
- fit in a third Aura (Grace). Together with some evasion passives and the aura bonusses, you can get a fair bit of Evasion going, leading to more damage avoidance and more time to heal.
- use Windripper: Stormcloud was not cutting it anymore.

From then on it was plain sailing. I have not quite enough damage to kill everything before it reaches me, but I am close and Grace/Acrobatics/LGOH makes me actually fairly tanky. If the bosses have no nasty mods (powerful crits, extra phys) I can simply facetank them and heal faster (with potion support on my EH/LL combo) than they can hurt me. If they hit me too hard, my CWDT throws off a Decoy Totem, so I can start working on them while they are focusing on my totem.

I think that the trick for this build is in adding the crit passives late (from levels 65-90) and get life, auras and defensives first so you survive. Also, LGOH works vastly better than LL on Split Arrow until you get enough dps (I think I am there now, but will certainly be there once I get Throatseeker in two levels).

Here is my not-so-glass-cannon Shadow build at level 71. Next step Throatseeker, then Vaal Pact (and switch to LL on SA), then down towards Ondars, picking up Heartseeker, more life and more crit chance. By that time I will be level 90, and will have more than enough time to think about my next step.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4FtQX5DkgPqw_EEZYV8Ba_GYYZihqPHaoeGiLqJDwmlSepKk0qWy2DL28yCTWSOlg_J0ZxSVFKyFM1VUtabWHiYqxjQ2xGbWxte26qb55wUnC7cmx9dX_GgwmHGYfbiPGMNpcGm7Wdo52qoqOnXKlurEe0OLVItfK748BRwzrEospKzerSGdN-1CPVANad1tHZE-GI44TlGedU53To1uss8-r22vsJ-_X8q_66_5M=

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 8, 2014, 10:33:57 AM
"
"
Mathil wrote:
Going a shadow route and using grace + acro would substantially up your defenses and I don't think you'd have to sacrifice too much. It's a good idea if you want to swing that way.

In that case he should check my Invasion Windripper build.

I got 9k split arrow (without charges) atm. Plenty of defenses to survive 78 maps.

Newbie here but fortunately dropped a windripper! How do i get this damage but starting from the shadow tree? The passive tree is a bit intimiating and i'll likely be farming for a while before i can afford a respec. Would hate to respec wrong and not be able to finish the build until standard.
Thanks!
I like the build alot so far. I am in Act 3 Merciless atm (lvl 64).

I wanted to ask the OP and everyone who tried this build. I bought this bow pretty cheap yesterday and it has more ele dps and total dps than windripper, but it's a bit slower and with less crit. So far it works well for me, but will this be good enough for higher levels, maps etc.? I want to at least 5link if it is good enough. (I have also cold dmg, from rings and amulet)

Last edited by p4rasite on Apr 8, 2014, 9:07:04 PM
Made a dumb reddit post with a video of me failing to show this build off. I was clearing lvl 74s and 76's in 5-7 minutes at level 66 with this build (of course i had good gear to do so) still no windripper though. Can't wait to get one.

Here's the post
@Doge_This_DPS
Last edited by Masterswotl on Apr 9, 2014, 1:57:09 AM
"
p4rasite wrote:
I like the build alot so far. I am in Act 3 Merciless atm (lvl 64).

I wanted to ask the OP and everyone who tried this build. I bought this bow pretty cheap yesterday and it has more ele dps and total dps than windripper, but it's a bit slower and with less crit. So far it works well for me, but will this be good enough for higher levels, maps etc.? I want to at least 5link if it is good enough. (I have also cold dmg, from rings and amulet)

The extra damage is not that important 45-164 ele (your bow) or 41-161 (my Windripper) is negligible.

The speed difference is about 10% (1.55 to 1.72), so sppeedwise you will 90% of the damage.

The big problem is with crits. The bow has about 2/3 the chance of critting that Windripper has. I now crit at 65% with charges up at level 74 (it will become more). You will crit at 41%.

So with Windripper have 65% chance to do 400% damage and 35% chance to do 100% damage for an expected 295% damage. With your bow you have 42% to do 400% damage and 58% to do 100% damage for an expected 220%. This means that you will do only 220/295=75% of the damage crit wise that Windripper would do.

Multiplying the 90% from speed and the 75% from crit, I get to about 2/3rds of the damage, putting it in the "it may work but will not be easy" category. If you can 6L this bow, it will be as good as a 5L Windripper.

Notes:
- as my crit% rises, the difference between this bow and Windripper will grow. In the final endgame, you will do less than 2/3.
- 5L-ing your bow will cost about 100 fuse on average, which is about 1.5 ex. I bought a 5L Voll's Protector for 1.5 ex and am using that as a 5L. The Volls will also be vastly easier to chrome.

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 9, 2014, 4:47:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info