Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

"
D6vil wrote:
Does this build take advantage of any of the IIR/IIQ on the bow or just pure DPS from the bow?

From what i've read so far on this thread, if i want to tweak this build (lose dps for IIR/IIQ), i should try to keep crit change and elemental damage high as possible?

Want to find pro rares just like my ign says. IGN: GiveMeProRares

The build has advantage of the IIQ/IIR but not as much as you might think. Whites/blues are all critted and killed giving IIR/IIQ.

I'm not at the point yet where I reliably shock/freeze rares, and only rarely shock/freeze bosses. To do so I need more dps. Probably a lot more. Especially the freeze part is hard since you can't use Hatred (not enouh phys) and therefore must rely on Elemental Hit for cold damage and that shoots only 1 in 3 times. Maybe in the future.

To get to a MF build, you will probably need:
- a 6L RRRGGB bow or Voll's for Elemental Hit. Use Added Cold Damage instead of Faster Attacks as you need more damage per hit.
- a 3L Cull Strike/Arc/IIQ somewhere to cull the frozen/shocked bosses (I don't think the bow actually needs to make the kill, just the wielder of the bow).
- expensive gear with life (you really need life on all pieces), resists, WED and crit (and now also rarity)

If you want to include the IIQ uniques (Perandus Blazon, Goldwyrm) the strain on your gear will be enormous as fewer pieces will now have to the job.

Probably another build will work better (perhaps a EE-trapper with cold and lightning traps, using the bow to make kill shots)?

Or use this build as culler in combo with a party that shocks/freezes?
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 10, 2014, 6:07:28 AM

Have max res but only 2.4k life, working on life nodes now. Still working on getting rrrgb on windripper. My split arrow is at 20k damage with a 550% crit multi. Might try to 6l windripper, not sure. The build is a lot of fun I 1 shot almost everything so who needs defense?
"
cjc0013 wrote:
The build is a lot of fun I 1 shot almost everything so who needs defense?

The true spirit of the build.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
"
cjc0013 wrote:
The build is a lot of fun I 1 shot almost everything so who needs defense?

The true spirit of the build.

You need a rat's nest then. Also what would you suggest for cwdt links?
Trying this build but struggling to stay alive. The blood magic from split arrow brings my hp down so low. Is it because my gems aren't at level?

here is my gear:

Spoiler

Help - spent all my currency re-rolling!
Thanks!
"
D6vil wrote:
Trying this build but struggling to stay alive. The blood magic from split arrow brings my hp down so low. Is it because my gems aren't at level?

- You could use more life from your gear. Get rid of Aurseize (slows movement, no life) and get gloves with 90 life or so and the resist you need. Try to find an amulet with life, even if it has no WED.
- You seem to lack a single target skill (I don't see gems for it). using split arrow for single target is hugely wasteful. Get an Elemental Hit/BM/WED/Life Leech (no LGOH here) going
- I use Life Gain on Hit (Q20) on my Split Arrow: I seem to gather more life from it. This will change as I level up.
- You could use Grace instead of Haste until you level further. The added defense of Grace really helps.
- You could also spec into Acrobatics until you level further, the 30% Dodge works
- Some people spec into all crit nodes ASAP, leaving life nodes for later. Don't. Spec into life earlier, you have dps aplenty
- Your gems have really weird leveling, some are 17, some are 8.
- I think that a 5L Volls protector will work better than the Tabula Rasa (you lose the Increase Critical Damage, but you gain a free Power Charge on Critical, which means about 25% extra chance to crit.). The Volls also adds more defense, and Chain really synergizes with Volls: you crit once in a group of 3 or more and you get 5 Power charges. These Power Charges work on both your Split Arrow and your Elemental Hit, while the Increase Critical Damage only works on your Split Arrow. Finally, reflect-wise it is better to crit more often for less damage than to crit less often for more damage.

Overall, if you stack damage and also MF, you will keep dying. Use much more defenses and play the lowest maps you can without xp reduction (7 below charlevel until you are level 80, then 8). As long as you don't have xp reduction, the speed in leveling through playing higher maps is not that much higher. Especially when you die often.

Level up to 90 or so, and only then move to a full DPS/MF build. You will die all the time and not progress to 91. But at 90 you will be much stronger than the estimated level 77 you are now (13 passive points and all level 20 gems) and die less often.

And I doubt whether this build *can* progress to 100 (at 99, you must die less than once every 40 or so 78 maps to make progress), so there is an end level anyway.

Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 11, 2014, 5:21:42 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
D6vil wrote:

- You could use more life from your gear. Get rid of Aurseize (slows movement, no life) and get gloves with 90 life or so and the resist you need. Try to find an amulet with life, even if it has no WED.
- You seem to lack a single target skill (I don't see gems for it). using split arrow for single target is hugely wasteful. Get an Elemental Hit/BM/WED/Life Leech (no LGOH here) going
- I use Life Gain on Hit (Q20) on my Split Arrow: I seem to gather more life from it. This will change as I level up.
- You could use Grace instead of Haste until you level further. The added defense of Grace really helps.
- You could also spec into Acrobatics until you level further, the 30% Dodge works
- Some people spec into all crit nodes ASAP, leaving life nodes for later. Don't. Spec into life earlier, you have dps aplenty
- Your gems have really weird leveling, some are 17, some are 8.
- I think that a 5L Volls protector will work better than the Tabula Rasa (you lose the Increase Critical Damage, but you gain a free Power Charge on Critical, which means about 25% extra chance to crit.). The Volls also adds more defense, and Chain really synergizes with Volls: you crit once in a group of 3 or more and you get 5 Power charges. These Power Charges work on both your Split Arrow and your Elemental Hit, while the Increase Critical Damage only works on your Split Arrow. Finally, reflect-wise it is better to crit more often for less damage than to crit less often for more damage.

Overall, if you stack damage and also MF, you will keep dying. Use much more defenses and play the lowest maps you can without xp reduction (7 below charlevel until you are level 80, then 8). As long as you don't have xp reduction, the speed in leveling through playing higher maps is not that much higher. Especially when you die often.

Level up to 90 or so, and only then move to a full DPS/MF build. You will die all the time and not progress to 91. But at 90 you will be much stronger than the estimated level 77 you are now (13 passive points and all level 20 gems) and die less often.

And I doubt whether this build *can* progress to 100 (at 99, you must die less than once every 40 or so 78 maps to make progress), so there is an end level anyway.

Thanks so much for the tips!

-My gems are weird at the moment because i sold all my gear from previous build to respec entirely for this build after i dropped windripper.

-I'm starting from Shadow tree so getting to Vaal Pact makes me use a bit more points...but rather that for now then to restart from lvl 1.

-People want an arm and a leg for WED jewlery with life+resist!

-Trying to afford a 5l Volls.

-Definitely need more hp. Also single target skill.

QUESTIONS:

-Would losing increased crit dmg be worth it over having power charges?

-How high base crit chance do i need (before power charges)? Knowing this will help me better shop for items, they seem to be cheaper without crit chance

-Is it because my reduced mana gem isn't at lvl20 or i need revisit the passive tree and get aura nodes? I can't seem to run a third aura.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4F-Q5IEZYVIBXwGYoZ1RqPHhohwCLqJDwk_SaVKjgqTSzpLYMvbzB8Mww2eznUOlg_J0k7SVFKyFBCUUdTNVVLWm1e-mKsY0NtbG17bqpvnm_ycFJwu311gwmHGYw2jX2Nv4_6lwabtZ2jnaqgn6Gkoi6nXKluqn-quK-nsw60OLSjtUi18rvjwFHDOsSiykrTftUA1p3ZE-Hb44TlGedU6NbrFOwY73rz6vaj9tr7Cfyr_rr-yP-T_94=

Thanks for your help everyone!
Thanks!
Last edited by D6vil on Apr 11, 2014, 9:25:54 AM
Anyone tried using additional accuracy lvl20 q20 instead of crit damage? More crit % and more accuracy rating, does it yield higher dps?
"
D6vil wrote:

-I'm starting from Shadow tree so getting to Vaal Pact makes me use a bit more points...but rather that for now then to restart from lvl 1.

You are taking a substantial detour to get to Vaal Pact. Why not go through the three evasion nodes (with Reflexes) to the southeast of the Scion start area.

"
D6vil wrote:

-People want an arm and a leg for WED jewlery with life+resist!
-Trying to afford a 5l Volls.

Yup. The jewelry is unaffordable at the moment. I make do with:

"
D6vil wrote:

-Is it because my reduced mana gem isn't at lvl20 or i need revisit the passive tree and get aura nodes? I can't seem to run a third aura.

It is because you are not using the 5% reduced mana reserved node to the northwest of Harrier. With that node and a level 18 (I think) you can run a third.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
"
cyuansheng wrote:
Anyone tried using additional accuracy lvl20 q20 instead of crit damage? More crit % and more accuracy rating, does it yield higher dps?

I can imagine situations where an AddAcc would add more damage than a CritDamage (you have the absolute minimum accuracy, nothing on gear and do an ungoldy amount of damage already), but in all these cases it would be better to retain the CritDamage and get one or two pieces with 200 or so accuracy on them. This will help both your single target and your Split Arrow as well.

Accuracy suffers heavily from diminishing returns. Once you have a decent amount, and use the 2 20% Accuracy nodes already in the build, adding more will give you a few % to hit at most.

EDIT: I just realized that accuracy may be more important than I thought, but it won't show up in your dps tooltip. With chain you hit up to three times, but if you miss the first time, you wont even get to roll the other two times, and if you miss the n2d roll, you wont get to roll the third. This makes accuracy VERY important when chaining.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 12, 2014, 7:23:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info