Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

How well does this build do in Poorjoy's Asylum? I'm thinking of buying a couple and running them to powerlevel from 75-80 since they're fairly cheap in Ambush.
"
empressaria wrote:
How well does this build do in Poorjoy's Asylum? I'm thinking of buying a couple and running them to powerlevel from 75-80 since they're fairly cheap in Ambush.

It depends. If you use the pure build (no Grace, no Ondar, no Acro), you had better bring *very* substantial dps (i.e. more than the 5K chain I am currently mustering at 74), or the titty bitches will rip you to shreds. At 160% damage vs no defense, it only takes one blue one to stunlock-kill you, so you need to be able to kill them *while* they are coming turbo-running at you.

And if you overlook one in a dark corner......

I have been thinking about similar leveling strategies, but I find that until 80 or so I can solo fast enough with regular maps that are about 3-5 levels lower than me. After 80, I will turbo to 85 by joining 77/78 map groups at 1 chaos each.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 9, 2014, 5:18:03 AM
Tried this build out. Did it with a 6L Coil and a 5L Volls. Id prefer the Volls. Its just fucking annoying to use an extra skill just to pump charges.
And still its not my playstyle...

So i respec again and have a 6L Ripper and a 5L Volls left.
If anyone is interested just pm me.

Thanks for your ideas mathil.
Last edited by Nurgus on Apr 9, 2014, 5:18:40 AM
is windripper required for this build? or can be replace with something?
"
shiremux wrote:

Yes, but:
- elemental bows will work less well due to low crit%
- harbinger bows will work well but require different build as they are phys.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
shiremux wrote:

Yes, but:
- elemental bows will work less well due to low crit%
- harbinger bows will work well but require different build as they are phys.

ok, and what is the stat prio on bows if i'd like to run with ele bow untill i can afford windripper?
I guess its:

crit > attackspeed > ele dmg > phys dmg
I bought a 5L Volls Protector to put Split Arrow in, and used a 4L Storm Cloud with Ele Hit. Almsot any fast ele bow will work: most damage comes from your auras.

At one point you will have to put crit passives in (I started around level 66) and from then on Windripper starts outpacing all ele alternatives.

So below 66 or so it is:

attack speed > ele damage > phys damage > crit

and around 66 it migrates to

crit > attackspeed > ele damage > phys damage

As said earlier, I ran Storm cloud until level 66, and it worked reasonably well. It is certainly the best bow until level 50 or so. Quill Rain may also work.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 9, 2014, 10:25:06 AM
Does this build take advantage of any of the IIR/IIQ on the bow or just pure DPS from the bow?

From what i've read so far on this thread, if i want to tweak this build (lose dps for IIR/IIQ), i should try to keep crit change and elemental damage high as possible?

Want to find pro rares just like my ign says. IGN: GiveMeProRares
Thanks!
I have gone the more 'safe' route, with Acrobatics and Ondar's Guile (even though I still have low life).

What do you guys think about Rat's Nest for this build?? I think it could be really good, if you could get res/life from rings/amulet and boots/belt/gloves/quiver. Also has some IIR which seems pretty useful, if you want to go for high MF.

So what is your opinion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info