can I run this build without a windripper? I'm poor

You can run physical crit split with a Harbinger

with this build?
"
nouser wrote:

with this build?

http://tinyurl.com/ogyt24g

elemental builds and physical builds differ a lot

this is my hardcore physical split arrow build i linked, running hatred/wrath, if you're softcore well you can go way more dps
Last edited by Affinity on Apr 4, 2014, 3:05:41 AM
"
kasub wrote:
"
anone wrote:
you shouldn't have posted this guide... Windripper on Ambush was like 15-18ex now it's 40.
For now I'm just going to Chance every Imperial Bow I find. Chanced a Lioneye's on Domination so... :)

Still, I'm gonna try it sooner or later.

So on that note... managed to get a windripper by chancing today. I have a few questions:

- Why not spend two points for acrobatics? Wouldn't it help immensely vs reflect and just in general? I understand you want to kill everything before it reaches you but I'd think this would be more valuable than any other 2 points spent in the tree.
- Can you shoot all normal reflect pack without worrying? Are reflect maps ever doable? Are minus max/elemental weakness maps a big issue?
- Would alpha's howl be worth it? Can you somehow make up for that lost life? This seems like a huge potential DPS loss. It would also mean you can respec out of three points at the leadership cluster.

Thanks for the guide.

I just haven't felt the need for Acro. I kinda like it when you have decent evasion but given I have close to none I'm not so sure an extra 30 dodge does too much for the general feel of a character.

I can shoot normal reflect packs pretty comfortably. Keep in mind they die in 1-2 hits so it isn't a big issue. I'd avoid reflect maps because you can only really shoot into them continuously when resist and atziri flasks are up which won't be 100% of the time.

I tried Alphas and for this build not so great really. You kinda need the life and especially for me I had +1 boots laying around so Alphas only grants an extra +1 which makes the dps increase rather marginal compared to say the trash helm I'm wearing which gives 2.5 crit and 10 AS. Up to you though.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
"
anone wrote:
you shouldn't have posted this guide... Windripper on Ambush was like 15-18ex now it's 40.
For now I'm just going to Chance every Imperial Bow I find. Chanced a Lioneye's on Domination so... :)

Still, I'm gonna try it sooner or later.

So on that note... managed to get a windripper by chancing today. I have a few questions:

- Why not spend two points for acrobatics? Wouldn't it help immensely vs reflect and just in general? I understand you want to kill everything before it reaches you but I'd think this would be more valuable than any other 2 points spent in the tree.
- Can you shoot all normal reflect pack without worrying? Are reflect maps ever doable? Are minus max/elemental weakness maps a big issue?
- Would alpha's howl be worth it? Can you somehow make up for that lost life? This seems like a huge potential DPS loss. It would also mean you can respec out of three points at the leadership cluster.

Thanks for the guide.

I just haven't felt the need for Acro. I kinda like it when you have decent evasion but given I have close to none I'm not so sure an extra 30 dodge does too much for the general feel of a character.

I can shoot normal reflect packs pretty comfortably. Keep in mind they die in 1-2 hits so it isn't a big issue. I'd avoid reflect maps because you can only really shoot into them continuously when resist and atziri flasks are up which won't be 100% of the time.

I tried Alphas and for this build not so great really. You kinda need the life and especially for me I had +1 boots laying around so Alphas only grants an extra +1 which makes the dps increase rather marginal compared to say the trash helm I'm wearing which gives 2.5 crit and 10 AS. Up to you though.

Seems like Rat's Nest would be a good alternative. 7.5% crit, 15% IAS and more rarity to top off that amazing rarity on the bow.
IGN: xBilldozerx
"
Mathil wrote:

Why would this be related to evasion? Dodge avoids 30% of all hits (including reflect I think) and costs only two nodes. Surely that is worth it.

Also, I think I will do this build as a Shadow (trying to get a level 90 of all chars, and already have Ranger, Witch, Templar and Scion). In which case probably Grace instead of Haste, combined with a bypass of the Scion starting areas through Reflexes (since the nerf those Scion nodes are shitty anyway), will give a large amount of evasion, so I will have to see if Ondars is worth it too.

BTW: How does this build handle Televangelists? Kite them till they drop their prox shield? Normally their phsyical spells shred build with low armor.

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 4, 2014, 9:01:46 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:

Why would this be related to evasion? Dodge avoids 30% of all hits (including reflect I think) and costs only two nodes. Surely that is worth it.

Also, I think I will do this build as a Shadow (trying to get a level 90 of all chars, and already have Ranger, Witch, Templar and Scion). In which case probably Grace instead of Haste, combined with a bypass of the Scion starting areas through Reflexes (since the nerf those Scion nodes are shitty anyway), will give a large amount of evasion, so I will have to see if Ondars is worth it too.

BTW: How does this build handle Televangelists? Kite them till they drop their prox shield? Normally their phsyical spells shred build with low armor.

Yea I know dodge and evasion are separate but I just find acro is stronger when you have base evasion because then you're building an avoidance char. When you have next to none it just gives you a nearly 1 in 3 chance to avoid getting hit when that isn't really gonna save you because if you're getting hit like that you're probably dying the other 2/3 times anyway. Plus using a granite gets far less effective with it.

Going a shadow route and using grace + acro would substantially up your defenses and I don't think you'd have to sacrifice too much. It's a good idea if you want to swing that way.

As for evangelists I just rush em. I'll see if I can make a palace video some time showing my method. It might even be in the really hard one I uploaded but yea idea is to rush into their shield, explode them before they do anything.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
Going a shadow route and using grace + acro would substantially up your defenses and I don't think you'd have to sacrifice too much. It's a good idea if you want to swing that way.

In that case he should check my Invasion Windripper build.

I got 9k split arrow (without charges) atm. Plenty of defenses to survive 78 maps.
Anyone having success with this build? I got my alt up to level 68 to where I could use the Windripper but have kinda stopped playing it since then. I can clear packs fast, as long as I kill them offscreen but if anything gets anywhere near me I die, and I can't kill any bosses with single-target. I'm sure it'll get better if I keep leveling and fill out the rest of the tree and replace my gems with 20/20's etc. but just kinda lost motivation. Playing my buzzsaw is a lot more fun. I'll probably get back to this one at some point but I think I'll take a break for a while. Not criticizing the build, I'm sure its "user error", just curious how others are doing with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info