Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

I don't necessarily need a SFL, though I would play in one of it were offered, but I'd like to see the dependency on trading lessened. The focus on trading and grouping is too strong, and frankly, it's slowly killing the game for me, because I can't keep up playing for 20-30 hours a week. I would play Standard or HC, but legacy items make that unappealing to me.

Then there's RMTing and GGG's leniency. It's not only that they don't seem to really do much about it, but also that they keep encouraging and rewarding it. The Atziri fiasco is just the most prominent example, but not the only one.

What I don't understand is that we get Cutthroat before SFL.
People want SFL because they expect to get more currency drops / more loot. Which is not gonna happen if the league is temporary (like 4 months) and then merged back into Standard or HC.

Also i really doubt about the points Petrov describes in his other thread. Like building around found stuff and explore the skill tree. You go for the best builds and farm. SFL is not gonna change that.

A selffound league is just gonna suck for most after a week or so, when they realise that all the other people with lots of time are destroying end game maps and they struggle to finish domi 3. What to blame if there is no trading/RMT allowed?

Imo we have just to except reality, there a lots of players who are better/with better groups/more time than most of us. Its gonna suck when we cant buy a ilvl73 armor or so for crafting.

I am very proud of GGG for not giving in the we want better loot whines. D3 has increased their drop rates to infinity to get people buy the new expansion. Man, sad times at Blizz HQ imo.
Last edited by sintflut2012 on Mar 25, 2014, 2:33:44 PM
Read my sig.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
sintflut2012 wrote:
People want SFL because they expect to get more currency drops / more loot. Which is not gonna happen if the league is temporary (like 4 months) and then merged back into Standard or HC.

Mostly, SFL advocates expect to not have to play/compete with RMTers and trade barons.
"
sintflut2012 wrote:

I don't think anyone expects to get more loot. Just loot that is appropriate for the content you're in. Removal of layers of RNG that make useful loot sparse and in turn promote trade in the standard game. And without trading, there isn't much in the way of 'currency'. More crafting orbs would be kinda fun to play with, but the term 'crafting' isn't a very good way of describing the on-demand sadorandomization that is PoE's system.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
I would probably play poe again if SFL happened.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
sintflut2012 wrote:

Also i really doubt about the points Petrov describes in his other thread. Like building around found stuff and explore the skill tree. You go for the best builds and farm. SFL is not gonna change that.

A selffound league is just gonna suck for most after a week or so, when they realise that all the other people with lots of time are destroying end game maps and they struggle to finish domi 3. What to blame if there is no trading/RMT allowed?

Imo we have just to except reality, there a lots of players who are better/with better groups/more time than most of us. Its gonna suck when we cant buy a ilvl73 armor or so for crafting.

I am very proud of GGG for not giving in the we want better loot whines. D3 has increased their drop rates to infinity to get people buy the new expansion. Man, sad times at Blizz HQ imo.

Everyone has their own reasons for things in life, I am not going to pretend that *my* reasons are the same as everyone elses (a common internet debating ploy).

That being said, I have been playing PoE *for years*. For me, there is no mystery and joy any more in a new league beyond the first week, maybe month. I do not expect those others, who have a more recent history with PoE, to feel like this. I (and other long term players who share my view) offer a glimpse into the future for the wider player base for PoE.

I won't restate my points summarised in thread 854111, but I do strongly believe that it is going to be much more prevalent to build around your gear that you have found in a SFL, rather than start with an ideal passive tree and try to find/farm the gear (or trade, as in current leagues) to suit. But this is based on my expectation from merely years of playing, I'm sure you have a better or different basis for your view.

As for loot, I would be delighted to test a dedicated SFL without any loot drop changes. To my mind, that's a question of detail and balance for GGG alone.

Fundamentally, if you do not enjoy PLAYING PoE, then a SFL is not going to suddently make you enjoy PLAYING PoE. However, if you do enjoy playing PoE, then I believe a SFL has a material role to play in preserving and renewing the player base.

Petrov.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Mar 25, 2014, 2:46:53 PM
The reason I want a SFL is because I want my drops to be tuned with the assumption that I will not be trading. This is the whole reason why those "but you can already play SF" arguments hold no weight. By playing self found with trading enabled I am at a severe disadvantage because my drops are being tuned with trading being expected.

It would be nice to look at a ladder and know that all the players on that ladder were bound by the same rules as myself.

I believe my last point is the REAL reason most people want SFL, not just an easier game. And frankly, SFL would be harder by default even with drops balanced around no trading because you would have to always grind your own drops.
"
It would be nice to look at a ladder and know that all the players on that ladder were bound by the same rules as myself.

I believe my last point is the REAL reason most people want SFL, not just an easier game. And frankly, SFL would be harder by default even with drops balanced around no trading because you would have to always grind your own drops.

Rouge Exiles and Strong boxes have helped out a lot. More of those types of changes would be nice for a league like this if that is what you are referring to when taking about the balanced around not trading part.
They would have to chance all the loot rules for a Self-Found-League.
Doubt they will do anything.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info