Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

This
"
keta wrote:
Most of ppl wich ask self league What They really want its dumb drop rate ... Get insane gear quick(like in d3 full bis in 2weeks)
Ppl wich really want to play self found play selfound in normal league and dont come qq in the forum .

.. is as good as any other "argument" against a SFL. So far, I have not found a single one which is not highly subjective, irrelevant or simply invalid.
"
dyneol wrote:
This
"
keta wrote:
Most of ppl wich ask self league What They really want its dumb drop rate ... Get insane gear quick(like in d3 full bis in 2weeks)
Ppl wich really want to play self found play selfound in normal league and dont come qq in the forum .

.. is as good as any other "argument" against a SFL. So far, I have not found a single one which is not highly subjective, irrelevant or simply invalid.

Lol, this pro SFL stuff is getting old, sounds a lot like the flat earth society and their mental babble about a flat earth. Facepalms were had reading that shiz, SFL is possible already, they gotta buff drop rates in all leagues. SFL would just be boring as hell with no way to give a way items which i do frequently. Oh need that one gem so bad? Too bad its SFL and i cant give it to you. Farm all day because even with buffed drops in a SFL it might not drop when you need it.
"
"
dyneol wrote:
This
"
keta wrote:

Lol, this pro SFL stuff is getting old, sounds a lot like the flat earth society and their mental babble about a flat earth. Facepalms were had reading that shiz, SFL is possible already, they gotta buff drop rates in all leagues. SFL would just be boring as hell with no way to give a way items which i do frequently. Oh need that one gem so bad? Too bad its SFL and i cant give it to you. Farm all day because even with buffed drops in a SFL it might not drop when you need it.

Yet another one.
Q.E.D. Thanks.

Addendum: To make one thing clear - I am not even really interested in a SFL (yet). I just find this discussion .... interesting. It is quite remarkable how some people are against something which would have absolutely no effect on them at all if they so choose. Some just say nay for no apparent reason while trying to come up with all kinds of pseudo-arguments.
Last edited by dyneol on Jun 30, 2014, 12:17:01 PM
@○dyneol, the truth is making a SFL league would require dev time investment and a rework of loot tables/currency drop tables rework of trade(to disable it) etc.

Simply put it would require dev resources. So it would effect other players, since those resources could be spend on the general league's that already exist. New content or whatever needs attention. (list is pretty big atm)

So really, aldo i have nothing against sfl and i play sf already from time to time. I don't think it would be realistic to ask the dev's to devote resources to this, not in this time of the games age.

peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Edit: Self found sucks. It's an economy driven game, deal with it.

I don't play PoE more than 15 days per league starts now. Before it gets plagued my casual botters, hard botters and general RMT. I'm a good deal for GGG each time I spend a bit but don't cost that much in brandwitch.

I must say that I would PAY for playing in a more protected kind of environnement. While I don't care playing it if RMT persists.

Reasonning: Game economy is based on gamble and derivated products theories. Introduce unfairly currencies and put real money bias and you break the game. The game is still alive because how awesome it is in itself even in it's flawed state.

Just segregate players. Ones with brains and human qualities and the others. A league where you put money to have kind of police(through warden things for exemple) and a kind of disclamer would be great.

It's not to get fat loots, it's just to play the game it should be, especially in leagues. LOL I HAVE 30ex in 2 days, good sir. Shravronnes sold 30ex 2days into the league, everything's normal. Think about the resulted inflation and regular ex droprates, yes ex drop, you can reliably get some on the ground, it does happen. But it's far from 30 in 2days, it's crazy money concentration even for a small group of players.

For instance in PoE there is stability for the cost of some currencies, fuse always cost 1 alch and a chaos always worthes 2 fuse/alch. It's arbitraty and not really accurate. For example fusing costs should be far more viriable. It's because of bots inducing a currency flux that breaks the defined cycle of destruction(use)/creation(loots) creating infinite stocks very fast. Atm game economy is RMT driven to its core even if you don't use it. :)

The c:ex ratio is determined by how averagly players can farm chaos, it's not even based on reality(reality of orbs utility). It's disgusting in every way. Why is that, it's very simple, chaos farm is skill based to some extent, even more if using strongboxes. A player will farm chaos faster than a bunch of bots, however ex farm is linearised by mob kills, ex flux is very bitcoinish, bots have the upper hand on that hence these play more, a farm very mechanically, and can be several on the same cpu. But bots also get other currencies, ex/divines/mirrors are the most noticeable thing, but the unfair loot of more basic currencies(alt based ones) is also sensitive and impactfull.

"
Boem wrote:
I don't think it would be realistic to ask the dev's to devote resources to this, not in this time of the games age.

peace,

-Boem-

Everything is linked. Having some kind of flavour playstyle and handling game core issues may bring GGG more ressources. Those ressources may help dev the game further.

Ah and I read something page 70ish about beeing into parties better. It's completly false especially in maps, it's ok to call your trusty mates for piety/dominus/map bosses if you want some optimisation. You'll loot more alone always. Especially maps before 76 it's better alone all the way when you have the clear speed etc when you are about loots. And you need to be well organised to be safer in parties. Parties are better in standard because of IIQ cullers, but with boxes and now the buff domes you get enough shits to roll your map for cheap. At last league start I was seeing organised streamers farming sewers blue ass rolled maps in 5men group, guess what I was already farming strings of pier/graveyard a hand in the pants because me and my trusty mates were rolling our map alones and spread the rolls, 5h of play latter bam shipyards, this time in duo and selected pus who paid the rolls if we neeeded reliable currencies in the moment, else duo because xp and because loot table 3 days into a league. (many did better than that, especially in more organised structures and also playing better, knowing the game better, I'm not that good in PoE)
Last edited by galuf on Jul 1, 2014, 1:54:12 PM
If the drop rates don't change, self-found would be very obnoxious to play. Unless the goal was mid-sixties/clear merciless campaign as max level. "End-game" maps without trading seem literally impossible...and I'm a new player with only 50 hours under my belt saying that.

This game is first an economic simulator and second an ARPG. It clearly shows in drop rates and crazy extent to which RNG is used. NOTHING in this game is certain outside of your skill tree...and some would argue that that is "too" certain lol.

SFL sounds awesome...but sounds grueling with the current drop rates. PoE without Trade is like having a computer without a mouse in it's current state.
"
If the drop rates don't change, self-found would be very obnoxious to play. Unless the goal was mid-sixties/clear merciless campaign as max level. "End-game" maps without trading seem literally impossible...and I'm a new player with only 50 hours under my belt saying that.

This game is first an economic simulator and second an ARPG. It clearly shows in drop rates and crazy extent to which RNG is used. NOTHING in this game is certain outside of your skill tree...and some would argue that that is "too" certain lol.

SFL sounds awesome...but sounds grueling with the current drop rates. PoE without Trade is like having a computer without a mouse in it's current state.

It depends on what build, but it can be pretty easy doing maps without trading, I got very lucky in ambush and traded only 2 skill gems that I could have gotten while rerolling a bit in rewards. No trading is just harder to make certain builds or variants rights. But a good life based build with few aura nodes can realy compensate gear issues to some extent until pretty late into the maps. My character in ambush has only 4 days of play, it is lvl89 and I believe has no item traded equiped except his Howl but I had droped one few hours after in a poorjoy asilum and I was playing a spec I didn't knew, made some mistakes, others have done far better.

Self found with current droprates is build disabler. Good luck playing a dual claw sin or things like that in self loot. Balancing loots around safe found is as ugly. Enjoy you casu experience, diablo 3 flavorless...
Last edited by galuf on Jul 1, 2014, 3:48:42 PM
"
Boem wrote:
@○dyneol, the truth is making a SFL league would require dev time investment and a rework of loot tables/currency drop tables rework of trade(to disable it) etc.

Simply put it would require dev resources. So it would effect other players, since those resources could be spend on the general league's that already exist. New content or whatever needs attention. (list is pretty big atm)

So really, aldo i have nothing against sfl and i play sf already from time to time. I don't think it would be realistic to ask the dev's to devote resources to this, not in this time of the games age.

peace,

-Boem-

:)
"
Boem wrote:

peace,

-Boem-

The game is already build around making ad-hoc leages all the time. I seriously doubt it would take all that much afford to do that kind of experiment. But yes, we don't know that for sure. The kind of posts I quoted are really silly though and most are of similar nature when it comes to SFL.

However, it feels like some people expect too much out of it. Gated behind RNG is just that, regardless of league. A dedicated SFL league won't fix much overall obviously, but I do not see how more options to play the game is a bad thing. So bad in fact that people need to resort to personal insults instead of sound arguments.
Last edited by dyneol on Jul 1, 2014, 5:02:57 PM
Voted for SFL

Path of Exile is like Meshuggah

Damn that music is awesome but the vocals completely ruin it, so I have to download instrumental covers because they don't release their master tracks

Damn that game is awesome but the RNG and online only mechanics completely ruin it, so I can't do shit because the game's data is server side only

[yeah but meshuggah is a death metal band, without the growly screams, it's not death metal anymore, just listen to another band]

no

[yeah but Path of exile is a loot/competitive arpg, whitout the grinding and farming, it's not a loot/competitive arpg anymore, just play another game]

no

I fucking hate everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info