Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
radmanvr wrote:

Trading is part of the core game but we aren't here to talk about that lets talk about SFL.

I really fail to see how the two aren't inextricably linked. Playing standard, heavy trading, a person can make dozens of exalt a week, if they have the time to nanny a shop and look for deals. The whole appeal of a SFL, to me, is that I can make a full build, and gear it up to a point I feel pretty powerful, just by playing the game. Not by dicking around on poe.xyz.is, maintaining a forum shop, and spamming trade chat.

The problem is exactly that, it wont get any easier than this when it comes to getting gear/orbs. No increased drop rate for SFL, forget about it. Not gonna happen. Thats why i say time and time again play SF as it is in the existing leagues, no one forces you to trade at all ever.

IF the drop would be buffed you think you would gear up, get to 100 and begin again with a new char? no, you probably wouldnt, you would play some other game then because playing that 1 char to 100 was too easy.

It wouldn't get easier to gear up a character, that I agree with. If I wanted to fuck with the whole trade thing, and had the time to attend a shop, I should be able to get 20-30 exalted without much issue, which will easily let me get started on building something that feels fairly powerful. Doesn't get much easier than that, if you can put up with trading.

Thing is, I don't really want to fuck with the whole trading thing. I'd rather have a the drop system tuned to phase out obsolete affixes from the mod pool. This change alone would make self found play more rewarding. If they did that, they could cut the drop rate in half or better for all I care. This is how D2 did it, and I really enjoyed that game. Self found. Increasing drop rates is a quick and dirty solution, but it's the quality of what drops where I find the real issue. No more tier 1 cast speed on my lvl 72 wand. No more "reflect 1 damage" on my lvl 68 glorious plate. Get rid of the bullshit layers of RNG that exists only to promote trading.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
radmanvr wrote:

increase drops in SFL will make it a shorter play time because you will reach BIS sooner and then the game will become stale.

This is a complete misconception. Not true at all, I fully expect the exact OPPOSITE.

Please enlighten me.

This it plays out in my head.

I play super Mario bros I have to play in 8 different worlds with 3 levels and 1 boss per world before I beat the game.

Now I play super mario bros with game genie, I set code to put me in world 8-3.

Of the 2 scenario which one beats game faster.

Ok lets transfer this in poe language

I play marauder in standard league and refuse to trade I take long time to get end game

I play scion and trade in standard league and get to end game no problem

I play templar in the hypothetically speaking SFL with increase drops, hell I even get mirrors like candy but I no can trade so mirror is useless. I get to end game fast 75/65 block/spellblock. All that greatness easy least I quit in a week cause ish sho borling sho sho borling I no buy in-game items cuz inno play
"
radmanvr wrote:

Then my friend SFL is not the solution, fix/improve trading is the solution. SFL is just a band- aid fix.

While I agree that trading is a major problem, and a more efficient system would be a godsend for a game designed around trade, I can see the potential for fun in a SFL as well. I used to play Ironman a lot in Diablo, and it was a blast. Would be cool to see if a SFL could capture a similar feel. In the end, I'll support any angle that lets the game offer up a more rewarding experience, whether that be from steady progression through a better drop setup, or from opening up more end game play by making trade less cumbersome, and thus easier to liquidate the things you have for the things you need to build that OP char.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
radmanvr wrote:

I play templar in the hypothetically speaking SFL with increase drops, hell I even get mirrors like candy but I no can trade so mirror is useless. I get to end game fast 75/65 block/spellblock. All that greatness easy least I quit in a week cause ish sho borling sho sho borling I no buy in-game items cuz inno play

I am completely speechless by this post. You don't have any realistic idea what a SFL would actually be like at all.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
radmanvr wrote:

I am completely speechless by this post. You don't have any realistic idea what a SFL would actually be like at all.

Yeah I do. There's a dude name Kripparian and he played D3:ROS for the whole beta phase and said after 3 weeks game is boring cause he has bis.

And yes that is SFO

And yes that game blows compare to this game but the idea is SF with inc drops or smart drops =sooner bis = boring= quit = I no buy ingame items= ggg close down.

And all for what? Cause you selfish, entitled much? Amerite?

You want to has but you no can has cause you no dedicated no motivated no heart so you want easy mode. Amerite?
Last edited by radmanvr on Apr 22, 2014, 1:50:38 PM
"
radmanvr wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
radmanvr wrote:

Yeah I do. There's a dude name Kripparian and he played D3:ROS for the whole beta phase and said after 3 weeks game is boring cause he has bis.

And yes that is SFO

And yes that game blows compare to this game but the idea is SF with inc drops or smart drops =sooner bis = boring= quit = I no buy ingame items= ggg close down.

And all for what? Cause you selfish, entitled much? Amerite?

You want to has but you no can has cause you no dedicated no motivated no heart so you want easy mode. Amerite?

There's black, and there's white. Nothing in between. Amirite?
ign: ecogen
Its not about black or white. Racism is stupid

This is about 100hrs vs 1000hrs if that's not easy than idk what that is. I didn't make these numbers up one of you yay sayers did. Not me so I am pointing out that, that is tremendously cutting time played so it needs to be compensating by increasing the price of micro transaction.

I am conservative, I want to keep things the same but no, yall people want change, want increase drops want to play 100hrs instead of 1000hrs.

GGG has created a really great game and it must be preserved. The likes of you are trying to destroy it.
Last edited by radmanvr on Apr 22, 2014, 2:10:23 PM
"
radmanvr wrote:

This is about 100hrs vs 1000hrs if that's not easy than idk what that is. I didn't make these numbers up one of you yay sayers did. Not me so I am pointing out that, that is tremendously cutting time played so it needs to be compensating by increasing the price of micro transaction.

I am conservative, I want to keep things the same but no, yall people want change, want increase drops want to play 100hrs instead of 1000hrs.

GGG has created a really great game and it must be preserved. The likes of you are trying to destroy it.

Racism? wat? Please stop, you're making yourself look like an idiot.

(If that's an attempt at making a joke, it's a bad one)
ign: ecogen
Last edited by ecogen on Apr 22, 2014, 2:13:10 PM
"
ecogen wrote:
"
radmanvr wrote:

Racism? wat? Please stop, you're making yourself look like an idiot.

(If that's an attempt at making a joke, it's a bad one)

Then don't say black or white dude. I am not a smart man nor I claim to be one.

And if you are going to quote and reply talk about the subject.

100hrs vs 1000hrs, go discuss.
Last edited by radmanvr on Apr 22, 2014, 2:29:20 PM
"
radmanvr wrote:

Trying to say that one league in Path of Exile would end up playing out exactly the same as Diablo 3 is beyond silly. You have no idea how long it would take to get BiS gear in a self found league (in path of exile), your just making crap up because for some reason you would be jealous of this league that you would be fully capable of playing in yourself.

I am completely certain that a self found league would take just as long if not longer to acquire such gear than the trading leagues. But continue arguing your assumption.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info