Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
Phrazz wrote:
If you enjoy playing SF - AND have a life (you know, kids, girlfriends, family etc.), you can forget about 5L, crafting and end game maps.

That's bullshit. I work fulltime, play selffound and I'm doing maps and have a 5L in Invasion.
The problem is not that you can't get there. The problem is that you expect to get there as fast as someone who plays 10 hours a day.
Too late for me personally. I'm not going to start from scratch and leave all my e-riches behind that took endless blood and sweat and tears to accumulate. If they let us transfer all chars and stash contents then sure.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I'd join in testing. There should be a supply of skill gems in NPC vendors though.
"
Reizoko wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
If you enjoy playing SF - AND have a life (you know, kids, girlfriends, family etc.), you can forget about 5L, crafting and end game maps.

That's bullshit. I work fulltime, play selffound and I'm doing maps and have a 5L in Invasion.
The problem is not that you can't get there. The problem is that you expect to get there as fast as someone who plays 10 hours a day.

To be fair you didn't really dispute what he said. He didn't say anything about playing self found and having a full time job. A full time job is basically a given if you have a family to take care of.
Standard Forever
Yes, of course ! I'd be one of the first to pay for a SFL if player created leagues ever become a feature. This wouldn't mean solo only though.

I've played for 800 hrs since release and I think I've traded for 3 items, all three were skill gems. Actually never sold an item, I just don't like all the time wasted trying to sell anything. Not that I've ever found something of great value anyway :p

By the way 5L are common enough that you will have one (ok maybe not a very good one, but still). Check all vendors every level and your chances will go up enormously. It's a choice you make. Why do some people have this feeling every build requires so many uniques and 5L to be even playable? I mean my char now which is pretty much SF except one skill gem does okay. If you want instant superhigh oneshot damage all the time, self found is not for you, but many people prefer building their toon slowly. Claiming that this is not doable in this game is utter bullshit. Claiming that SF is useless because you expect to do all high end maps and new bosses within 2 weeks or something is just your perception. For me the biggest fun in the game is creating something, not buying something, and it doesn't matter how long it takes. Even if it might take more than 4 months I might even continue in standard if I'm really happy with what I've build. Just let everyone enjoy what they want to do, not everyone wants to nolife buy themselves to the new boss, actually the opposite, the people who have the most fun in this game don't give a goddamn thing about all your opinions, they just do their thing and this is what so many people here seem to have lost. And yes those are the majority, you just don't see them here, they are playing the game and see no point in wasting time here ;) Stop focusing on streamers and die hard gamers who made you think that's THE way to play the game. I watch streamers myself but I don't want to play like them so I'm also not blaming them for the faulty image, it's the people in general.
Last edited by leto2626 on Mar 25, 2014, 8:13:17 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Reizoko wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

To be fair you didn't really dispute what he said. He didn't say anything about playing self found and having a full time job. A full time job is basically a given if you have a family to take care of.

You're not incorrect and my wording was maybe a little bit too aggressive.
My point still stands though:
You can get a 5L and do maps even if you work full time and have a family. It will take you longer than someone who can play 10 hours a day, but you can still get there.
I think people should start using ingame time to measure instead of real life time. In the end, you can reach the same things as someone who plays 10 hours ago in the same ingame time. It will just take you longer in real life time.
Last edited by Reizoko on Mar 25, 2014, 8:04:42 AM
"
IDK what you're up to petrov but I voted.

I'm trying to get some actual statistics to test the thesis that there is a great deal of interest in testing a SFL and that, by extension, a SFL will generate substantial new and renewed interest in PoE, thereby expanding the player base.

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Mar 25, 2014, 8:20:35 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Yes it would. You can play SF as it is

You can, but the experience is rather lackluster.

Everyone KNOWS that when a game is centered around trading, drop rates are too. The drop rates in PoE is designed with trading in mind, forcing players to trade - IF they want to enjoy most of the things the games has to offer.

I just don't understand why GGG aren't interested in keeping that player base, because it's a big player base. We HAVE leagues. So why not? Give players a choice.

GGG wont make the game easier especially for people that play self found compared to what they want us to do, trade. The game will never be easier than SC.

SFL and increased drop rates go hand in hand and thats why it will never happen.

There are no other reasons to play SFL than better drop rates therefore you can play SF already without participating in trading.
"
Reizoko wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

It may be BS, as I have a couple of 5L myself - AND doing 75 maps. BUT, it took me a hell of a long time. I were refering to the leagues - the "actual" game - there I have NO chance to reach that.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Trading is boring. RNG is retarded. RMT becomes a necessity eventually.
Lockboxes are kinda nice, but we need a fairer and more character relevant loot system.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info