Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Mephasm wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

do you think maybe the reason you are not finding good items is because you are vendoring them unid? I would never vendor an item unid for chaos recipe. Are you really never finding any decent items? I find that hard to believe, I could have equipped maybe 7 or 8 full endgame viable characters purely from loot Ive found in ambush so far.

I don't sell items unid, but that's the advice most hardcore traders give to boost your currency, as the chances of actually finding anything good is extremely low.

No, I don't find any decent items. After over 1000+ hours, playing since the start of open beta, the best unique I found is Saffiel's, and best rare is a 220 dps 1H sword. It's RNG, some people are more lucky I guess.

well I would be highly suspicious of that advice, I cant say I agree with the tactic.

Im sry to hear about your luck man. See I dont know what to say to that, because its not my experience nor the experience of anyone I have played with. From a distance I cant be sure if its bad luck or if other people are killing 50x as many monsters at higher levels than you in their 1000 hours, and thats why they got more out of it. Take heart though, the boxes in Ambush are helping out a lot with drops, the game feels accelerated, someone is level 100 already. Ive found tons of stuff, more stuff than I was finding on standard thats for sure.

I would say though, if youre not speed grinding 70-75 maps with tanky machine killer characters then you should look at making a monster char that can get you the leg up you need to start being efficient and get more out of your time. I dont know how you play or what you enjoy so I dont dont want to offend you by making presumptions, thats just a general bit of advice for anyone struggling.

"
Nobody can wait forever. TheAnuhart waited for 5000 hours but it seems he finally gave up.

theres a guy whos work ethic for gaming just puts me to shame. If anyone watched his stream, they will know what is possible solo self found, and where the retarded issues are with self found play like that. Between the 2 of us we had over 8000 hours played and we had a combined total of 2 eternal orbs... like how the hell is anyone supposed to do serious crafting with drop rates like that? Purely a trade restricted thing, and Ive been blue in the face arguing that on these forums trust me.

Maps was the other issue, content gated by trading, that was truly ridiculous for the longest time. Im sort of sad heres not around to play with the Ambush boxes, rolling a box with 6 alts and 3 augments and then it drops 9 level 77 maps, in a blue 77 map you rolled with 1 trans orb. 20-30 high levels mapping jumping out of random yellow cart boxes you find.

But at the same time that guy was 100% solo self found, and I would see him beast maps that I wouldnt even go into with my 'shopper' gears and my 'shopper' eternal crafted 6 links. Because he put the work in, found the gears, good builds, good player. Theres a difference between those sort of sf issues and 'my highest lvl char is 65 and Id like a league where I get more loots plz'. The idea that solo merciless dom self found is not viable when Anuh was face tanking Omlecs, its just ridiculous.

More meaningful crafting at the expense of binding the gear produced, buffing orb drops, things like ambush boxes that are already here, a crafting ladder/mini ladder, theres a lot of things Id sooner see done to this game than have them make another league with trade/partying disabled and a 20% drop buff. That would just be so bad, I dont even think it would solve the problems and it would just bring a ton of its own issues that are bad for the game and its business model. A crafting ladder would be something different and fun for everyone, so would changes to the actual main game.

I'm pretty fond of TheAnuhart myself.

Like to point out that his main character has died multiple times to multiple things including desync.He loses much less as a softcore league player than he would if he was hardcore league player.And I wonder just how long he would persisted if he was rerolling on death.

I also would like to point out for those that aren't familiar with TheAnuhart.He has the time to play ARPGs that most others can only dream of having and put to good use.He's an exception,not the norm.

I'm aware of TheAnuharts personal opinion of the state of the game and if he was happy with it he'd still be playing,as would all the ex-top POE streamers that stopped playing.

=)
Last edited by Temper on Apr 22, 2014, 7:25:05 AM
"
radmanvr wrote:
"
"
radmanvr wrote:
Once again let me reiterate why it is unfair to buff drop rates for SFL but before I do let me say that I played self found to level 70 ground slamming things until I farmed enough currency to play trade tycoon.

Its unfair because other players want to play this game and they want to have a good time and fun experience. Items are part of that fun and if GGG buffs drop rates for the SFL they are giving more fun to that group of players specifically which I feel is unfair.

Now I have a dilemma do I play SFL to get moar drops to have more fun or do I stick with trading which is also fun. It will put me in limbo and a lot of others to, to the point where we will just move on. It will create a divide in the community and hatred for one another.

Bottom line is its a bad idea.

If GGG did this at launch it would have been all good because its a system that was implemented.

But if they do it now, that would mean they are giving the minority what they want and when the majority wants something what's going to happen?

If you speak the truth and you truly think trading is fun then there is no problem. Both groups are having fun. It's the same as some people that are having fun in both ambush and invasion.

If you lied and secretly you loathe trading then you need to reconsider your entire argument and maybe start rooting for SFL too.

But I can't have as much fun as I use to knowing that the other group whined until they got what they want.

I really don't want to take it out of context so take what I say with a grain of salt.

When women asked for the right to vote they did not asked that their vote counts 20% more than men. I'm just saying

Now with no further adieu

Please SFL will be bad for the game and you know it. Your polls mean nothing here because not everyone voted.

But we are not arguing gender equality we are arguing player equality.

Your reward should be the self found league itself why ask for increase drop rate. And I am not even a big trader. I trade when I need to and list my items on POE.XYZ but I do not hang in the trade chat and spam stuff.

SFL should not be rewarded for not being able to trade. Don't even try to call it a trade off. Its not like its Invasion.

In invasion the trade off is since you can die and fall out of league GGG will increase drop rates for those who play in invasion.

Also, invasion is a challenge that GGG implemented so that players can step up and challenge themselves an in return get better drops.

SFL is not a challenge it is a reward for antisocial introverts with a condition. Do not ask for more.

Do you know the meaning of this word ?
Last edited by Temper on Apr 22, 2014, 2:45:07 AM
Let them test a SFL with buffs to drop rates and craft rates make it last 8 months and then deleted.
I can see peoples desire for SFL, trading is pants and using third party sites just feels like a convoluted AH.Even with drop rate increase i think SFL players will hit a wall and it will be way later into the game/hours and the cbf will be very strong. With trading the way it is i still would not play sfl
I do not want an Ah either
Last edited by Font on Apr 22, 2014, 3:11:56 AM
"
Font wrote:
Let them test a SFL with buffs to drop rates and craft rates make it last 8 months and then deleted.
I can see peoples desire for SFL, trading is pants and using third party sites just feels like a convoluted AH.Even with drop rate increase i think SFL players will hit a wall and it will be way later into the game/hours and the cbf will be very strong. With trading the way it is i still would not play sfl
I do not want an Ah either

Make it 1 month and put it on the race calendar and youre good.
Please bookmark this page

To demonstrate peacefully how strongly I feel against SFL. I will quit the game.

Prior to quitting the game I will drop all my gear and currency to people in party whom I have not selected yet. I will stream this.

The following conditions must be true before I will quit.

- SFL is introduced as a permanent league with boosted drop rates.

Everything in the statement above must be true in order for me to quit any variations of the above will not count.

Feel free to look up my main's gear probably worth a few ex I am not godly.

I am done discussing.

"
radmanvr wrote:

To demonstrate peacefully how strongly I feel against SFL. I will quit the game.

Prior to quitting the game I will drop all my gear and currency to people in party whom I have not selected yet. I will stream this.

Everything in the statement above must be true in order for me to quit any variations of the above will not count.

I am done discussing.

You understand the chances of this happening are next to none right ? and your posts are hyperbolic style.

=)
"
Temper wrote:
"
radmanvr wrote:

I am done discussing.

You understand the chances of this happening are next to none right ? and your posts are hyperbolic style.

=)

The same way yall feel about trading is the same way I feel about SFL. You say "aww damn, you mean I have to trade if I want good stuff" well I say "awww damm you mean I have to play SFL if I want good stuff"
Well if it happens I will quit. I am a man of my words.
Last edited by radmanvr on Apr 22, 2014, 9:41:37 AM
"
radmanvr wrote:

The same way yall feel about trading is the same way I feel about SFL. You say "aww damn, you mean I have to trade if I want good stuff" well I say "awww damm you mean I have to play SFL if I want good stuff"
Well if it happens I will quit. I am a man of my words.

No one is asking to abolish standard. Free to do what you want, though.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
radmanvr wrote:

I am done discussing.

Guess they'd lose you and gain me. It would be a 1:1 switch. A stalemate!

@Snorkle and Temper.

Any chance that you two will realise you agree more than you disagree about SFL and the issues with PoE?
I regard you both as friends and it's fucking painful to watch.

Honestly, neither of you want a SFL, both of you realise there are issues that should be addressed in the current leagues, instead. You both have the utmost respect for SF players and either are in full or part yourselves.

Sort it out, friends.

Also, Snorkle.. SLF = Stiff Little Fingers. It's SFL, for fuck's sake.

<3

Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info